Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #31
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Who are these "DISmoms?"

As promised.... and so you know who we are.....

The Cruisin DISmoms....

Kara, Joan, Ellen, Cammie

So sad Lonnie couldn't join us on the cruise, something about being in an innertube 30 years ago and getting seasick in a swimming pool... or something like that....

Here was our group of 6 the night BEFORE the cruise in Epcot....

Pam, Kara, Cammie, Ellen, Joan, Lonnie

Sorry, but this is the best my hair will look - trust me, it looks better here than it will in pics the next day.....

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:11 AM   #32
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

You all look fabulous. How many days did you spend in the world before the cruise? Are you doing a TR for the land portion too?
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #33
karajeboo

Ellen and Joan flew in two days before and hung out with Lonnie and Pam. Then Cammie and I got in the next day so we all had one day and night before we left for the cruise. And OF COURSE we will report first on the WDW portion. That's why we're waiting on Ellen, since she and Joan got in a day before me.....

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 05-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #34
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

I'm all subbed up and waiting to vicariously enjoy the action!

Get on it Ellen!
Old 05-24-2012, 09:42 PM   #35
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post

So sad Lonnie couldn't join us on the cruise, something about being in an innertube 30 years ago and getting seasick in a swimming pool... or something like that....
Here was our group of 6 the night BEFORE the cruise in Epcot....

Pam, Kara, Cammie, Ellen, Joan, Lonnie

Sorry, but this is the best my hair will look - trust me, it looks better here than it will in pics the next day.....

You just caused two of the biggest ROTFLMAO experiences i have EVER had on the DIS.

Thanks very much- I needed that after a day of mega meetings!

I'll go upload some pics now! Update tomorrow!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:14 PM   #36
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Joining in!!!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:02 AM   #37
podsnel

Joanie & Ellen & Lonnie & Pam

Joan & I were flying in from NJ on Friday morning, two days before our cruise. Part of the reason we were doing this was so we could see Lonnie for a while- because lonnie would not even HEAR of going on the cruise with us. You know- due to the aforementioned innertube incident 30 years ago.... Anywho.....I guess I should mention that my DH, Pods, was going to be going on HIS golf trip, also in Orlando, the following morning (my cousin, Sheree was staying home with the kids, bless her!). Our delayed early morning flight FINALLY had the boarding call, and when we got to the gate, who did we see but...no- not Pods, but our dear friend Alex (also known as OWLEX) (also known as my son Tyler's Godfather) flying down a day early for some business before golf. What are the odds?

Owlex, who was seated 3 rows in front of us, would be heading to a meeting as soon as we landed. But, always the gracious host (he and his wife Linder Bagel throw some incredible parties) he didn't miss a beat- when the drink cart came, there were two bloody mary's on it for Joanie & I. Oh- and they were doubles, no less. Thanks, Owlex- it sure made that in-flight movie a WHOLE lot more entertaining! (FWIW, we got off the plane with little absolute bottles- even I am not up for a double at 9 am. Well, at least not today.)

Soon it was time for the first thrill rides of the trip-

Followed by some patient waiting in the front of the DME line, followed by a front row seat on the DME!

TA-DAH!!

Uh-oh...looks like there's been a change to a familiar sign...

A quick stop at-

And then, it was our turn...

Thanks for the ride, Mickey!!

I had done online check-in, and a studio was actually ready for us- but we asked if we could have one a little closer, and so that was not a problem- but we would have to wait to see it. So we dropped our bags at bell services, had a little refreshing water-

WE'RE HERE!!!!!

Since we had only 2 days at WDW, we needed to strategically plan our tour. Lonnie & her friend, Pam, were already here and enjoying EPCOT. But we knew that we would be spending a TON of time in EPCOT tonight and tomorrow, so we broke all the rules and hopped on the boat to DHS.

Because DHS has a couple of MUST-DOs for me. And the first one, well...they were out of on my last visit. So that made it even MORE of a must-do- a peanut butter cupcake from Starring Rolls!

Cont'd next post-

Old 05-25-2012, 09:24 AM   #38
podsnel

Starring Rolls

Although, they DO have other tempting options in that case-

But my heart belongs to-

Although, I had to control myself- Joanie and I needed to split a turkey foccacia sandwich first-

And WOW is that sandwich REALLY REALLY good! I was expecting slimy low-quality processed turkey, but it was great quality meat, and I absolutely LOVED the hot pepper relish that was on there- it was a delicious lunch!

We had texted Joan's cousin who is a CM when we arrived at WDW, and to our great delight, Mark was actually not working but was IN the parks! So he joined us at Starring Rolls, and we got to catch up. While we ate, I had what my internet friend, Andrea, who writes a GREAT blog about Iberostar Grand Paraiso (called Iberostar Rocks!) calls a "Rockstar Moment"- it's when someone who reads your blog or TRs comes up to you and says, "Excuse me, are you _______?" Well, this lovely lurker at the next table said, "Excuse me, are you Podsnel?" SO COOL!!! Anyway, Connie & Kelly were very nice, and I LOVE when this happens- it really DOES make you feel like a rockstar! And it is always great to meet DISers, isn't it? Especially when they know everything about you and all your travel plans even though you just met!

I hope if she is lurking right now, she says HELLO!!!!

So.....a turkey, a cupcake, a lurker, and a few ducks later

and we were off to get our ride on- can you guess where? HMMMMM??????

Up next....

Old 05-25-2012, 09:48 AM   #40
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post

[/COLOR]
Nom, nom, nom....pregnant belly wants that cupcake.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #41
karajeboo

Well now I feel bad for making fun of Lonnie's seasickness.... in the swimming pool, in an innertube (btw, the innertube surely had a dinosaur head).....

It was really in the bathtub, wasn't it????

Old 05-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #42
WannaBeADisMom
WDW...it's my "happy place"....

Quote:
Well now I feel bad for making fun of Lonnie's seasickness.... in the swimming pool, in an innertube (btw, the innertube surely had a dinosaur head).....

NO FAIR....I'm ruining my computer screen here at work with all the tea sprayed on it!! Very difficult to pretend I'm working!

DISmoms Round TWO! Don't Axe, Don't Tell!!;DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits....5/13-5/17/11;
DISmoms 4-The Hunt for Jack Sparrow--Our most recent shenanigans!

WannaBeADisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #43
podsnel

Quote:

It was really in a puddle.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #44
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

see i always knew you were a super star...

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #45
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:

No you don't feel bad , not you ,not one little bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
It was really in a puddle.
Quit encouraging her As if she needed any!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: