Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2012, 02:17 PM   #16
WDWLinda
Mouseketeer

Hello SayHello...glad you had such a neat sidetrip and I hope you enjoy your next trip. Are you in Hawaii now? I figured out a way that you can post your trip report here - as you're flying from one island to the next, look out the window and take a pic of the Aluani resort, and post that, along with your 20,000 miles-up impressions. Oh, and as an aside, you can let us know how the rest of the trip goes.

BTW, did you ever finish the Knights & Lights trip report? Last I read you were going to Disney in Paris. When I wade through the pages of posts, I can't find anything after that. I was curious about your impressions on Disney in Paris.

Happy travels!

~Linda
WDWLinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:33 PM   #17
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristilew View Post
Very cool! I'm so glad they follow you - I've always admired how you balance enthusiasm with real, helpful info. If ABD is paying attention to your posts, our "community" of travelers is being well represented!

I hope you have a wonderful, exciting, and relaxing time in Hawaii. Can't wait to read all about it!
Awe, thanks, Kristilew! Hawaii is great. Quite relaxing. I will definitely post a report somehow when I get back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adambomb85 View Post
How fun SayHello! That must have been a very fun experience. You do a great job monitoring these boards - I'd say you are quite the celebrity indeed
Thanks, adambomb85! It *was* very fun! I don't really feel like a celebrity, but it's very cool that others think I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadj View Post
Way way cool! The organization has scored big points with me lately with the gifts, the newest itineraries, the early booking for repeat customers - and now this! Giving a tour of their headquarters to one of their travelers & hooking her up with a meeting with the VP. So awesome- and so Disney!

Thanks for sharing, Sayhello. I'll forgive you now for not posting Part 7 of the Knights & Lights review
Thanks carolinadj. ABD really does seem to be stepping up to the challenge, and it's great to see. I'm so embarrassed about the K&L trip report. I *will* be working on it as soon as I return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailg3horses View Post
How exciting. I got to meet Josh D'Amaro on the dvc members cruise in September. (he and Claire Bilby were on board). I was sitting reading on deck 4 and he ran laps and laps... Lol. I met him at the abd presentation and it was funny, he remembered running past me the day before. He was really nice and friendly. Gave me some insight that the Mediterranean add on would be back next year. Still havent decided if we will add it, as much as I want to. We'll see.
Josh came across as a really enthusiastic and nice guy. I felt totally comfortable talking to him & telling him exactly what I thought. Very real guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by familygoboston View Post
Social media is where it's at, and message boards ( especially reviews) are a huge driving force in many industries, none more than travel. Say Hello, dont underestimate your worth...you should have lobbied for that job Thanks for your review of your ABD hQ tour and for all you do keeping our discourse fair and polite!
Thanks, familygotoboston. Social media definitely is taking over many aspects of our lives & business.

I really should have lobbied for that job... Hey, Josh, you reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufbuf View Post
Cool! Cool! Cool!!!
Thanks, tufbuf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlou View Post
Wow! What a neat experience!

Well, I'll be interested in hearing more about further loyalty perks. We are going on our second ABD now, and I keep thinking that this is it, as our kids are getting older and I'd like to do some exploring on our own.

But then they keep introducing these awesome trips to locales that I wouldn't be comfortable doing on our own.

Keep us posted!
I'm hoping we'll be hearing more about the perks soon. Thanks, jlou. Such a horrible ordeal, having to choose from all these fabulous trips! Hey, somebody's got to do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurplebrat View Post
Sounds like you had a great day Tobi! Love the pictures!
thanks, Karen. It really was great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLinda View Post
Hello SayHello...glad you had such a neat sidetrip and I hope you enjoy your next trip. Are you in Hawaii now? I figured out a way that you can post your trip report here - as you're flying from one island to the next, look out the window and take a pic of the Aluani resort, and post that, along with your 20,000 miles-up impressions. Oh, and as an aside, you can let us know how the rest of the trip goes.

BTW, did you ever finish the Knights & Lights trip report? Last I read you were going to Disney in Paris. When I wade through the pages of posts, I can't find anything after that. I was curious about your impressions on Disney in Paris.

Happy travels!

~Linda
Oooo, thanks, Linda. I am in Hawaii right now. Your idea is an interesting one. But I'm not sure if you can see Oahu from Maui. But I'll keep my camera at the ready!

And no, I did not finish my K&L trip report yet. Soon!

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: