Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  


Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #136
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!
 
Sandi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA
Posts: 5,394

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candycane83 View Post
Just a question... My Dh and I going to MNSSHP on Nov 1 (if tehre is a party on that day) from Royal Pacific Resort. Can Mears accomodate a pick up at midnight? Or are cabs available outside MK after MNSSHP finishes? I'm just afraid to be stranded after the party!

Thanks in advance for anyone who could help!
The cabs will be at the TTC, not outside of MK. The other thing you can do is walk over to Contemporary and get a cab there. That's what I would do. If one is not waiting, they'll call one for you. I think you have no risk of being stranded after the party. Have fun, MNSSHP is a blast!
__________________
Have a Disney Day! -Sandi

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:43 PM   #137
BLGuterl
Next Trip to DisneyWorld... 09/01/2012!
 
BLGuterl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 68

Going to US/IOA during our next Disney Vacation. Thank you for posting this information about transportation. I used Mears years ago when my daughter was in a dance competition and had forgot all about them.

I do have one question... When you use the Mears Shuttle, were do they drop you off / pick up up at US/IOA? Does anyone know? I have not been there since I was a kid!
__________________


Caribbean Beach Resort 07/2004, 09/2009, 11/2010, 09/2012, 12/2015

Barbara & DD 15 from NJ
BLGuterl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-18-2012, 07:47 AM   #138
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 48,307
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLGuterl View Post
Going to US/IOA during our next Disney Vacation. Thank you for posting this information about transportation. I used Mears years ago when my daughter was in a dance competition and had forgot all about them.

I do have one question... When you use the Mears Shuttle, were do they drop you off / pick up up at US/IOA? Does anyone know? I have not been there since I was a kid!
The Mears shuttles will drop you off at the bottom of the parking lot escalators. So, basically, you get off the bus, walk down the sidewalk and then either walk up the stairs or take the escalator, and turn left....you are now at the moving walkway that takes you to City Walk. This is also where you will find bag checks. It takes less than 10 mins to walk from the bus area to City Walk.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #139
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess
 
scottmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Western PA
Posts: 2,995

Would Mears make sense in this situation?

Not sure if this makes sense or if possible but here goes. We always rent a car, never thought of NOT renting a car. But this year we are going to US/IOA for a day (straight from MCO) - and then to WDW the next day for 6 days

Would it make sense/possible to take mears from MCO to UN and then next day from Univeral (Un) to WDW and then take Magic Express to MCO at end of trip?

Would this qualify for Mears 19.00 Round trip pp? Or is it not considered a round trip? We are a party of 3...thanks!
__________________
ME DH DD DP

scottmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:18 PM   #140
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!
 
Sandi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA
Posts: 5,394

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post
Not sure if this makes sense or if possible but here goes. We always rent a car, never thought of NOT renting a car. But this year we are going to US/IOA for a day (straight from MCO) - and then to WDW the next day for 6 days

Would it make sense/possible to take mears from MCO to UN and then next day from Univeral (Un) to WDW and then take Magic Express to MCO at end of trip?

Would this qualify for Mears 19.00 Round trip pp? Or is it not considered a round trip? We are a party of 3...thanks!
I think you'd have to call Mears on that question. I don't see them counting it as a "round trip" because it isn't. That would be two one way trips. Still might be priced economically, however.

You'll have no issues with doing Magical Express for only your return trip from your WDW resort to MCO. Just let DME know you only need it one way.

Something else you might consider would be renting a car at MCO for the trip to your US/IOA hotel, to US/IOA, and to your WDW resort. Depending on the agency you rent with, you could return the car at the Care Care Center near MK (National/Alamo), Swolphin, or one of the hotels near DTD.
__________________
Have a Disney Day! -Sandi

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:53 PM   #141
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 56,516

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post
Not sure if this makes sense or if possible but here goes. We always rent a car, never thought of NOT renting a car. But this year we are going to US/IOA for a day (straight from MCO) - and then to WDW the next day for 6 days

Would it make sense/possible to take mears from MCO to UN and then next day from Univeral (Un) to WDW and then take Magic Express to MCO at end of trip?

Would this qualify for Mears 19.00 Round trip pp? Or is it not considered a round trip? We are a party of 3...thanks!
i have read that some have used the Mears transportation that way.
they purchased round trip but did not use them on the same day.

call and clear it with them if they are still allowing that.

dreams unlimited did allow transportation broken up like you need.
peeps that used du for their uo tickets also received their free transportation.

if you don't buy your uo tickets from du, check with them about the transportation they offer to uo.
__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:41 AM   #142
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 48,307
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post
Not sure if this makes sense or if possible but here goes. We always rent a car, never thought of NOT renting a car. But this year we are going to US/IOA for a day (straight from MCO) - and then to WDW the next day for 6 days

Would it make sense/possible to take mears from MCO to UN and then next day from Univeral (Un) to WDW and then take Magic Express to MCO at end of trip?

Would this qualify for Mears 19.00 Round trip pp? Or is it not considered a round trip? We are a party of 3...thanks!
Sorry I missed this one. No, you won't be able to do that. The Mears shuttle, that runs between US/IoA and WDW, doesn't allow any luggage on it. My friend and I booked a night at RPR a few years ago..right in the middle of our WDW stay. We took backpacks with overnight stuff. That was allowed. But regular luggage? No. I doubt you would be allowed to bring even a carryon bag on the bus with you.

You would have to get a car service or a cab to do what you want to do. It might make more sense to head directly to WDW, and then, spend a day at US/IoA once you got checked into your resort. Then, you could use the $19 r/t fare.
__________________
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #143
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess
 
scottmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Western PA
Posts: 2,995

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Sorry I missed this one. No, you won't be able to do that. The Mears shuttle, that runs between US/IoA and WDW, doesn't allow any luggage on it. My friend and I booked a night at RPR a few years ago..right in the middle of our WDW stay. We took backpacks with overnight stuff. That was allowed. But regular luggage? No. I doubt you would be allowed to bring even a carryon bag on the bus with you.

You would have to get a car service or a cab to do what you want to do. It might make more sense to head directly to WDW, and then, spend a day at US/IoA once you got checked into your resort. Then, you could use the $19 r/t fare.
thanks everyone. I can't imagine how it could not be more ecomonical to rent a car.. That seems the easiest and cheapest by far then dealing with the car companies...Thank you!! Will stick with my usual rental car plan.
__________________
ME DH DD DP

scottmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:08 PM   #144
Feckless
DIS Veteran
 
Feckless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,124

Sorry, I've gone through this thread and couldn't find an answer to this question: we've pretty much decided to use a Tiffany Towncar to get us to US for our Day on the Dark Side. However, on the way back, can we ask them to drop us at MK or will they just take us back to our hotel?

TIA!
__________________
Me (46) DH (47) DD (13) and DS (11)

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748


SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Feckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:08 AM   #145
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 48,307
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post
Sorry, I've gone through this thread and couldn't find an answer to this question: we've pretty much decided to use a Tiffany Towncar to get us to US for our Day on the Dark Side. However, on the way back, can we ask them to drop us at MK or will they just take us back to our hotel?

TIA!
They should be able to drop you off anywhere you want....you're paying them.
__________________
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:38 AM   #146
MelissaMouse
Getting Disney fever...
 
MelissaMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: MASSACHUSETTS
Posts: 100

I have looked on the mears website to look up shuttles, can you only book online for airport transportation? Is the only way to use the shuttle from a WDW resort to US to call them? Thanks!!!
__________________

M-E-L-I-S-S-A
M-O-U-S-E!!

I am a NEW Adventureland Merch Cast Member as of April 2013!!!

*SeaWorld Team Member*
MelissaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:25 AM   #147
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!
 
StitchIsOurHero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 8,253

This is probably a really dumb question, but I have confused myself totally looking at at this morning.

We are going to VWL next Thursday. . .YAY! Anyway, we will check in at VWL on Thursday in the early morning, and then that afternoon we will go over to RPR for a night (keeping the VWL ressie that night too). We will spend the night at RPR, go to IOA, and then come back to VWL on Friday afternoon.

I think our best option (for me, DH, & DS3) is to do the town car thing. However, I don't really know what time we would need/want to leave VWL to go nor do I know what time we would want to leave IOA. Do I have to have the times set in stone for the town car, or can I call a couple of hours before I want to go? I am figuring I have to have set times, and that's ok. I just want to make a good plan before we go!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #148
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 48,307
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchIsOurHero View Post
This is probably a really dumb question, but I have confused myself totally looking at at this morning.

We are going to VWL next Thursday. . .YAY! Anyway, we will check in at VWL on Thursday in the early morning, and then that afternoon we will go over to RPR for a night (keeping the VWL ressie that night too). We will spend the night at RPR, go to IOA, and then come back to VWL on Friday afternoon.

I think our best option (for me, DH, & DS3) is to do the town car thing. However, I don't really know what time we would need/want to leave VWL to go nor do I know what time we would want to leave IOA. Do I have to have the times set in stone for the town car, or can I call a couple of hours before I want to go? I am figuring I have to have set times, and that's ok. I just want to make a good plan before we go!
You do have to give them set times. If you feel you can't do that, you may want to just use a cab.
__________________
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:33 AM   #149
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!
 
StitchIsOurHero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 8,253

Thank you so much! That's sort of what I figured.

Dumb question number 2 --are there cabs available outside WL? I read that there are ones available at IOA and at RPR, but I wasn't sure about WL.

Thanks again!!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:36 AM   #150
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 48,307
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchIsOurHero View Post
Thank you so much! That's sort of what I figured.

Dumb question number 2 --are there cabs available outside WL? I read that there are ones available at IOA and at RPR, but I wasn't sure about WL.

Thanks again!!
Yep, sure are. If there isn't one there, all set to go, you can just have the Bell Services people call one for you...doesn't take long.
__________________
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.



You Rated this Thread: