Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2012, 02:00 AM   #1
CdnDisMom
Wishing For another Dis Vacation!

Remy, does it really take THAT long?

Does Remy dinner really take 3+ hours?

I would love to try some fancy dinning, especially since we would never do anything like that normally, but does it really take that long? We cruise with our children (now 5 and 21 months) but I don't think I'd want to leave them that long with either childcare or another family member (assuming other family was cruising with us).

Anyone?
CdnDisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:06 AM   #2
TXDCLfan
Other cruise lines did it first, Disney did it right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnDisMom View Post

I would love to try some fancy dinning, especially since we would never do anything like that normally, but does it really take that long? We cruise with our children (now 5 and 21 months) but I don't think I'd want to leave them that long with either childcare or another family member (assuming other family was cruising with us).

Anyone?
Yes fine dining like this does consume a lot of time. You might want to wait until your children are older to do something like this.
TXDCLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2012, 06:05 AM   #3
sambycat
DIS Veteran

Yes. It takes that long. You can cheat it a little bit but IMHO why? Try it (or a similar fine dining experience) when you feel comfortable giving it 3 hours. You won't regret it. Rushing or worrying through it would be a real shame.

sambycat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:05 AM   #4
Wadekind
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Anyone?
I have not eaten at Remy but if it is like the fine dining I have eaten, 3 hours will seem like 30 minutes. The service and the presentation are as much of the experience as the food. Go when you have the time and will not be worrying. When it is all over you will think I can't believe we were in there THAT long it seems like we just sat down.

Last edited by Wadekind; 05-22-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Wadekind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:52 AM   #5
ppiew
DIS Veteran

It was more like 2 - 2 1/2 when I was there. A lot will depend on how u dine - do you ask for multiple courses? do you like to converse a lot separately and also with the staff? You can stretch it out as much as you want to - especially with dessert! They kept bringing multiple servings of different candies etc.
ppiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #6
belkisima
Earning My Ears

Our dinner started at 750 And went on until after 11. It was totally worth it. Our kids are 10 and 6. Our youngest went to the club and our older son actually was invited by our server to go to dinner anyway and she treated him like a king. Do Remy. It is worth it!
Stayed in almost Every WDW Resort
Disney Dream Cruise, May 12-15, '11

Disney Fantasy - Eastern Carribbean May 5-12, 2012
belkisima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:08 AM   #7
Shell54
DIS Veteran

Yes. Why would you want to rush it? I agree with the PP who think you should wait til your children are older and you feel more comfortable leaving them for an extended period of time. It really is a fine dining experience that you wouldn't want to feel rushed while doing. We really enjoyed it..but we didn't cruise with our children. Our meal at Remy took about 2 and half-3 hours but the time flew by.

Disney Magic 8/12

Shell54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:04 PM   #8
CdnDisMom
Wishing For another Dis Vacation!

Thanks everyone for your replies

I was envisioning sitting there getting bored waiting for food to come out. But it sounds like we wouldn't be all that bored after all.

Would still have to think about it I guess. If I had their grandma there to watch them then I would feel better about it. My DS could spend that much time in the clubs and not even miss us one bit, lol, but my dd would need her grandma at least for that length of time.

Thanks again everyone!
CdnDisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:17 PM   #9
chrisrunty
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I was envisioning sitting there getting bored waiting for food to come out. But it sounds like we wouldn't be all that bored after all.

Would still have to think about it I guess. If I had their grandma there to watch them then I would feel better about it. My DS could spend that much time in the clubs and not even miss us one bit, lol, but my dd would need her grandma at least for that length of time.

Thanks again everyone!
We just got back Saturday. Remy was fantastic! It was about 2 1/2 hrs for us, went by fast, our 3.5 year old had us paiged from the kids club just when we were finishing. Go! It's worth it.
chrisrunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:36 PM   #10
Plselv
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Thanks again everyone!
We did Remy's about 2 weeks ago and found absolutely nothing about the experience to be boring. We probably went over on the 3 hours, and were completely entertained throughout the experience. The staff were so gracious, understood completely that it was a unique experience for us, and permitted us to photo practically everything, and we didn't manage to interrupt their work doing so. They explain all foods, introduce them, individualize service throughout the meal, change table service items as needed, change napkins as needed, and manage to time everything perfectly. We had slow eaters & fast eaters with us. I don't know how they managed it, but all of our courses were set together and none of us were left watching others eat.
Plselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:41 PM   #11
ilovetexas
DIS Veteran

We were in Remy well over 3 hours and it was worth every minute. The chef even came out and talked to us for several minutes and explained several of the dishes. I wish I spoke French because the conversation would have been easier! The entire staff was great, the meal was great, the wine was great.

Highly recommended but you may want to wait until the kids are older. We left ours at home on that trip!
Old 01-27-2013, 04:45 PM   #12
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Remy is an experience, not a boring "sit and wait." If you are not comfortable giving it the time it deserves now, wait till the kids are older and you can enjoy it. It is not worth rushing; you need to be able to go with the flow.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: