Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 01:02 AM   #211
TiggerTrigger
The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers Is Tiggers Are Wonderful Things!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmers127 View Post
Could you possibly do the white chocolate sand castle topper? Have you seen that? I think it's adorable and it works really well with an Ariel theme. You could have Ariel in the front frame so she's a focal point, and then have Flounder, Sebastian and Scuttle in the other frames. Then you wouldn't have to try to create an Ariel topper at home, or worry about getting it safely to Disney.

Here is a picture of the sand castle topper:

[IMG][/IMG]
I didn't even think about that! What an AWESOME suggestion! I have to think on it a bit, but it's definitely better than me making Ariel or settling for a 2D Ariel standing topper. I think she might be OK w/Snow White instead of Ariel...or even Minnie (possibly)...but Ariel is #1 and this would certainly make for a striking cake. Thank you soooooooo much! Now to work on sketches!
Old 05-22-2012, 01:34 AM   #212
Elise79

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Here's the info on the Cinderella's Royal Table Princess Package:

Price: $90 plus tax and gratuity ($112.05 total)

What's Included:
  • Pixie dust on the table
  • Princess balloon (choice of Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel, Aurora, Belle or Jasmine)
  • Fancy, fondant-covered vanilla or chocolate cake featuring Cinderella, Aurora, Belle, Tiana, or Ariel (6-inch cake, feeds 5–7, according to Disney)
  • Name on the cake
  • Barrette-style crystal tiara (full-size tiara available for an additional $17 + tax and gratuity)

Rules:
  • Theme park admission required
  • CRT reservation required
  • Princesses will visit table but cannot present the package/cake
  • CRT will not store your cake after you get it
  • You can swap the 6-inch cake for an 8-inch (+ $15) or a 10-inch (+ $40); just know that Disney underestimates the number of guests their cakes can serve. A 6-inch may serve as many as 10 if you cut the pieces smaller.
How to Order: Email wdw.crt.special.events@disney.com or call 407-824-4477

They will send you a 4-page PDF with info about the package. Here are the pages with the photos on them...

I have just been ordering a package at CRT for DD. The balloon is standard with all the princesses on it there is no choice.

The cost breaks down:
Balloon - $10
Tiara - $20
Cake - $60

They let me get a slipper dessert (offer dark or white chocolate) for $12.50 instead of the cake.

All organised by the email address within a day.

Apr 2014 OKW & NYC Dec 2013 - BLT July 2013 - OKW April 2013/Dec 2012 - BLT June 2012 - BLT & OKW Feb 2012 - OKW Sept 2011 - BWV & BLT May 2011 - BCV & BLT Nov 2010 - BLT & CR Tower Club May 2010 - BLT Sept 2009/March 2009/April 2008/Sept 2007/Sept 2006 - CSR Feb 2008 - DLRP Newport Bay (First DLRP Trip) April 1999 - WDW Offsite in Villa June 1998 - WDW Offsite July 1989 - WDW Offsite
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2012, 11:47 AM   #213
MissDisney121
DIS Veteran

does anyone else have a hard time getting a hold of someone. I have tried numerous times now to call to order at the Polynesian and no one picks up it just keeps ringing and ringing. I call the cake hotline and they have the automated choices and when I get through picking the first option of either GF or Poly and then thesecond option of one of the restaurants at the poly it just keeps ringing, I let it ring for about 5 minutes before hanging up. What is going on? should I pick a different option from the menu so I can get a hold of someone?

Old 05-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #214
noahdove
DIS Veteran

Well, I am having trouble getting in touch with someone also. I called the "private" line as I didn't know it was private until the very nice lady told me. She was so friendly that I almost ordered a special cake as that is what she does I left a message for Eric at the number she gave me and as of yet, I haven't heard back from him. I am almost tempted to call the " private" number and order a special cake. Not that I want to spend the extra money, but at least I will know I will have the cake I want to celebrate my DGD 18th birthday. How long should it take to get someone to call back? thank you
Old 05-22-2012, 12:22 PM   #215
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise79 View Post
I have just been ordering a package at CRT for DD. The balloon is standard with all the princesses on it there is no choice.

The cost breaks down:
Balloon - $10
Tiara - $20
Cake - $60

They let me get a slipper dessert (offer dark or white chocolate) for $12.50 instead of the cake.

All organised by the email address within a day.
Thanks for the info! I'll update that post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDisney121 View Post
does anyone else have a hard time getting a hold of someone. I have tried numerous times now to call to order at the Polynesian and no one picks up it just keeps ringing and ringing. I call the cake hotline and they have the automated choices and when I get through picking the first option of either GF or Poly and then thesecond option of one of the restaurants at the poly it just keeps ringing, I let it ring for about 5 minutes before hanging up. What is going on? should I pick a different option from the menu so I can get a hold of someone?
I would call the Polynsian's main line and explain that you are trying to get hold of someone in Private Dining to order a cake but the phone just rings off the hook. They can try another number for you or even wait on the line with you to see if anyone picks up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahdove View Post
Well, I am having trouble getting in touch with someone also. I called the "private" line as I didn't know it was private until the very nice lady told me. She was so friendly that I almost ordered a special cake as that is what she does I left a message for Eric at the number she gave me and as of yet, I haven't heard back from him. I am almost tempted to call the " private" number and order a special cake. Not that I want to spend the extra money, but at least I will know I will have the cake I want to celebrate my DGD 18th birthday. How long should it take to get someone to call back? thank you
I'm not sure what you mean by the "private" line. At resorts with Private Dining (i.e., room service) that's who you call to order a cake.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:24 PM   #216
Kimmers127
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerTrigger View Post
I didn't even think about that! What an AWESOME suggestion! I have to think on it a bit, but it's definitely better than me making Ariel or settling for a 2D Ariel standing topper. I think she might be OK w/Snow White instead of Ariel...or even Minnie (possibly)...but Ariel is #1 and this would certainly make for a striking cake. Thank you soooooooo much! Now to work on sketches!
I'm glad you like it! You'll have to come back and post pics after you get the cake so we can all see how it turns out, whatever you decide.

Engaged in Animal Kingdom 9/19/09! Married in Walt Disney World 5/09/11!

Old 05-22-2012, 12:59 PM   #217
quandrea
DIS Veteran

CR--Will they do a 6" cake for Tony's

Looking to have the CR do a six inch peanut free cake for Tony's at the MK. Can it be done?
Old 05-22-2012, 01:01 PM   #218
MissDisney121
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I would call the Polynsian's main line and explain that you are trying to get hold of someone in Private Dining to order a cake but the phone just rings off the hook. They can try another number for you or even wait on the line with you to see if anyone picks up.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "private" line. At resorts with Private Dining (i.e., room service) that's who you call to order a cake.
Thanks for the suggestion. I called the poly and the lovely woman who answered said that private dining doesn't have lunch hours so I sould try calling back around dinner time and someone should answer.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #219
Elise79

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
No problems

I have been looking at cakes for months but as we have early ressie I didn't want to have to worry about left over cake so decided the slipper would be better plus $42.50 sounded better to DH than $90 for a cake he wouldnt eat

Apr 2014 OKW & NYC Dec 2013 - BLT July 2013 - OKW April 2013/Dec 2012 - BLT June 2012 - BLT & OKW Feb 2012 - OKW Sept 2011 - BWV & BLT May 2011 - BCV & BLT Nov 2010 - BLT & CR Tower Club May 2010 - BLT Sept 2009/March 2009/April 2008/Sept 2007/Sept 2006 - CSR Feb 2008 - DLRP Newport Bay (First DLRP Trip) April 1999 - WDW Offsite in Villa June 1998 - WDW Offsite July 1989 - WDW Offsite
Old 05-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #220
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

help for daughter's second bday cake....

Hi. let me first apologize if this has been asked a million times. I have read through numerous posts and even did searches but can't find exactly what I am looking for. We want to order a cake for our daughter's second birthday during our trip this October. Her favorite movie is "Lady and the Tramp". We wanted an 8" cake, buttercream frosting, chocolate all the way but with Lady and Tramp on it. We wanted to know if we could have it at the Spirit of Alpha show we already have adr for? Does anyone have pics of a Lady and the Tramp cake? Anyone know if it.can be served at the luau? Who would I call to book this? Thanks a million.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:40 PM   #221
doclegler
DIS Veteran

So if I want to order the Mickey Head cake for an ADR at Chef Mickey's in a few weeks, I just call the Contemporary cake number and they will have it ready for me on that date? Just want to be sure I have this all straight!

Old 05-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #222
smkohn
Mouseketeer

I'm so indecisive. Probably has to do with the fact that I've been thinking of this since a year and a half out from our trip
We now have more of our trip details hashed out, ADRs made, and I am trying to figure out where to get my cake from. I am looking to keep it somewhat not extremely expensive, but want something that really looks nice. My options for where to get it: dinner at Ohana one night (so from GF) dinner at Whispering Canyon one night (if I'm reading right, delivered from Contemporary) or delivered to our room at Boardwalk (obviously from Boardwalk bakery). So, I've been trying to do some research, but does anybody have some good/bad reviews of each place? How the ordering process went, how detailed they were, how much it cost?
Also, I'm still wavering on the theme. My BF, who the cake is for, looooves pin trading. Got sucked in last time we were down. So I thought maybe I could figure out a pin trading design. But then I thought, we both really love Jungle Cruise, and it has kind of become "our ride". So that's a thought. Then I see the pictures of the coral/shells cakes and think "oo, DBf loves the ocean and sea life, that could be lovely too!" I just can't decide!
ETA: Oh, and does anybody know how much one of those beautiful sand castle toppers would run me?
Old 05-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #223
POLY1985
DIS Veteran

Just called and ordered a cake for my sons birthday in 3 weeks. Spoke with a very nice CM named Pat. Ordered a 6" vanilla cake with white chocolate mousse filling, vanilla buttercream frosting. It will be covered in blue fondant with white clouds (Toy Story, Andy's Room wallpaper). I also asked for Toy Story characters on top. Cost $66 plus tax/gratuity. To be delivered to Kona at Poly. She also asked me to let her know how I liked it. I was very impressed with the service and what I was able to get for the price. I will post a pic when I return.

2014 Old Key West 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas
2012 Wilderness Lodge
BELLE & THE 3 BEASTS JUNE 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post45239041
2007 Wilderness Lodge
August 2007 Dining Review http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1556109

2003 Wilderness Lodge
2000 All Star Movies 1998 Fort Wilderness Cabins
1993 Caribbean Beach 1985 Polynesian - Honeymoon1976/1979 Fort Wilderness campground
Old 05-22-2012, 05:09 PM   #224
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennylyn_b View Post
We wanted an 8" cake, buttercream frosting, chocolate all the way but with Lady and Tramp on it. We wanted to know if we could have it at the Spirit of Alpha show we already have adr for? Does anyone have pics of a Lady and the Tramp cake? Anyone know if it.can be served at the luau? Who would I call to book this? Thanks a million.
I haven't seen a Lady & the Tramp cake in recent memory, but I can tell you that if you want a fancy, fondant-covered cake delivered *anywhere* at the Polynesian, including the Luau, you should call the number for Private Dining at the Grand Floridian (see Post #2). If you want a supermarket-style buttercream cake, call Private Dining at the Poly (post 2 again).

Quote:
Originally Posted by doclegler View Post
So if I want to order the Mickey Head cake for an ADR at Chef Mickey's in a few weeks, I just call the Contemporary cake number and they will have it ready for me on that date? Just want to be sure I have this all straight!
Yep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkohn View Post
So, I've been trying to do some research, but does anybody have some good/bad reviews of each place? How the ordering process went, how detailed they were, how much it cost?
Having read these threads for about 6 years now, I can say that people have had good and bad experiences with all three places. My take:
  • The Grand Floridian charges the most and does the fanciest stuff, but the customer service experience varies widely—some people have no trouble getting exactly what they want, others are treated as though they asked for the moon and offered very few options.
  • The Contemporary has the best prices on custom cakes and can do very elaborate cakes as long as you are specific about what you want. You also get to work directly with the pastry chef via email.
  • BoardWalk Bakery has not turned out as many fancy cakes historically but can rise to the occasion when asked. Prices fall between the Contemporary's and the GF's. Fewer flavor options may be available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkohn View Post
Oh, and does anybody know how much one of those beautiful sand castle toppers would run me?
That's the "small" sandcastle cake topper, which costs $165.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:42 PM   #225
noahdove
DIS Veteran

Well, it's day 2 and I am still waiting for Eric to call me back. I am just a little sad as I thought he would have called by now. Any suggestions as to what I should do? Thank you

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: