Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2012, 09:25 AM   #16
inelegancex
Mouseketeer

I really cannot thank you all enough for your comments, you've all helped me a lot! I am now wondering whether we should have booked a lakeside view after hearing how lovely the views are, but it was coming up at around £80 difference so we thought oh well we won't be there much in the evening (although my mother is almost a bigger kid than I am so I know she will want to watch the Dreams show in person every single night!) Although I have heard of people getting free upgrades to this room - has anyone had this before? I think if the option is offered to us at our arrival we would probably pay for an upgrade anyway.

But now I am really a lot more content with our booking and I don't regret it anymore , I was expecting it to be horrendously busy due to the size but this doesn't bother me too much, admittedly breakfast in the Sequoia Lodge was very very busy so I think as long as we get the right times early we'll be okay, we're picking quite a busy time this year aswell (25th - 30th October) so this is expected.

I'm also so relieved with the reassurance about the whole mice issue, my mother is extremely scared of rats and mice so I think this would have ruined a lot for her!
inelegancex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:22 PM   #17
grad06
Mouseketeer

Thank you everyone for your comments you have made me feel a lot more relaxed about the booking.
We stayed in SL last time and loved it but I fancied a different place this time.

Thanks cherrymarzipan your comments were great and it is nice to hear your positive comments as not many people give positive comments about NBC. I do try to ignore a lot of the posts that are posted as I do understand that most people only write when they are unhappy about something.

Looking forward to my holiday now. Thanks
grad06 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #18
RoseBug
I'm a Geordie, we don't own coats and go out in the snow barefoot!

We are really looking forward to staying at NPBC in August, I fully expect it to be busy, manic and a little shabby round the edges (it is 20 years old) but I think it looks wonderful and very aptly themed for our summer holiday! We paid slightly more (but not much) to stay on AF with a lake view, and really excited! I take reviews with a pinch of salt, we have stayed in Cheyenne and New York and found both lovely (New York too business like for us) but read dreadful reviews about them also!

Enjoy your holiday, even if the room is ancient, you'll be in DLP!
Disneyland California July 1998 *Day trip* Disneyland Paris August 2004 *Kyriad* Disneyland Paris February 2007 *Day Trip whilst visiting Paris*Disneyland Paris June 2009 *New York* Disneyland Paris February 2012 *Cheyenne* Disneyland Paris August 2012 *Newport Bay Hotel Admirals Floor* Disneyland Paris February 2014 *The Disneyland Hotel*

Last edited by RoseBug; 05-19-2012 at 01:49 PM.
RoseBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #19
inelegancex
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseBug View Post
Enjoy your holiday, even if the room is ancient, you'll be in DLP!
This is so true! Thinking about it, even a bad hotel room wouldn't ruin Disneyland for me, it's so hard to be unhappy whilst you're there
inelegancex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:06 AM   #20
Julesdis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post

By the way, its not unheard of to see mice around the resort
Some of them are massive too - over six feet tall!!
Julesdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:28 AM   #21
cherrymarzipan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grad06 View Post
Thank you everyone for your comments you have made me feel a lot more relaxed about the booking.
We stayed in SL last time and loved it but I fancied a different place this time.

Thanks cherrymarzipan your comments were great and it is nice to hear your positive comments as not many people give positive comments about NBC. I do try to ignore a lot of the posts that are posted as I do understand that most people only write when they are unhappy about something.

Looking forward to my holiday now. Thanks
So glad you are looking forward to it now. Have a fabulous time!
cherrymarzipan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disneyland, hotel, newport bay club

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: