Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #151
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

ARE YOU CRAZY???? Ok...well, I guess we already knew the answer to that one, but OMG!! Walking around BY YOURSELF????? Holy crap- you are freakin me OUT!!! I am so glad the story had a happy ending!

It was really fun reading about your day in Nassau- we'll be there on our Dream cruise May7th- I don't know if we're headed to Atlantis, though- I think I'll save that for when I'm there with the kids. I have been twice before on other Bahamas cruises. We were thinking we would all gety off the ship and just walk around a little- I guess we'll avoid Dog Snot Road, or whatever it was YOU were on though- thanks for the tip!

I hate that stupid last breakfast- it's the WORST!!! I like that water taxi- sorry you had a little puker on your hands, tho- but it sounds like he was better after a break. Yea- my family can't keep up with me either. They must take after E, too.

As far as LV goes- our Niece-in-law (who is sooo sweet but I have never met) wants us to visit her & our nephew in LV- he is stationed there in the Air Force- well, actually, he is about to be deployed again - but I'm trying to talk Pods into visiting next year after he gets back. I promise to keep you posted!

Great TR- so sad you are nearly done- I laugh so much when I'm reading you!!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #152
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

OK, I'm seriously sitting here laughing my butt off at home fry, his other brother homey, and Dog Flea Ally! Thank goodness you are okay, cause I would hate to have missed that narrative!!!!

OK, back to read the last day....

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2012, 10:29 AM   #153
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Haven't seen your final tally yet, but what I like about reading your report is that you are a lot like me and my family in that, you know going in it's not Disney, but you went in with a positive attitude and open mind and as far as I can tell you had a great time. The tears when you disembark gave that away.

I hear so much negativity about Carnival, but I do think we will try them in the future (we have DCL next month and the RCCL next year!) and you are right, the Breeze looks awesome!!! Again, love your attitude and that is what makes any vacation a success!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:40 AM   #154
loveysbydesign
I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream for miles!

great tr!

May 2006-1st family trip to WDW! Loved Windsor Hills! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$1800
Nov. 13-22 2007-2nd trip to WDW with Baby Hartley #3-it's a boy!!! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$2200
May 2009- 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at SSR and then our 1st Disney cruise on the Magic! Total cost for 2 Cat. 12's -upgraded to Cat. 10's=$2900

June 11-20 2010- Our super cheap, surprising the kids, 1st time driving, celebrating Ryan's 3rd birthday trip! Total cost=$950
Nov.12-22, 2010 Took our in-laws along for their 1st trip ever! Stayed at Indian Creek and had a blast!
Oct.10-15, 2011 Crazy Columbus Crowds(did YES program) & cruised on the Dream Oct. 16-20
Oct. 19-29, 2012 Our trip re-do w/the in-laws, swam w/ the manatees & drove home through Sandy!
June 21-30, 2013 Celebrating our 17th anniversary!
loveysbydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #155
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

okay I know late to the party but it makes me feel better to consider a cruise out of Galveston after reading this. I was thinking about a 3 day but booze and cruise scares me. How did the pool turn out??

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #156
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

DUDE. ette.

PLEEEEZ come back to us!!!!!!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:45 PM   #157
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Monday, April 4th 2011

Flying home with our last thoughts about Freddy

So figured I better finish this thing before Kara gets back from her cruise this year and starts her new trippy. Here goes nothing. The Last instalment.

Basically we wake up slowly get ready and head downstairs to the continental breakfast. Our flight didnt take off till later so we had time to head back up to the room to rest and relax for a while. Eventually we made our way back down to the lobby where the hotel shuttle was giving us a free ride to the airport.

The are 200% better now.

We packed all our stuff in and off we went in silence. Its always a sad ride back to the airport.

Once there we checked our luggage in and had plenty of time to walk the airport before we had to get on the plane. SO figured we should eat, and where did we end up... E's favorite spot!

One last family pic

One last vacation drink

Once we were done it was time to board our flight... good by Florida

Hello Long Beach

Apparently the camera had a few more inflight beverages

and like that we were back on the curb waiting for my mom to pull up and drive home with our vacation in the rear view mirror. As much as my mom tried to ask us about our vacation non of us are very talkative as we are sad its over. lol

***Finale Tally***
Mickey- 24
Freddy- 18
P- 3
Me-3
Princess Cruise-1

****Finale Thoughts***

As you can see Mickey scored way ahead of the group.

I had read up on Carni to know what to expect and tried to relay that and remind the boys that its not Disney there will be differences and keep an open mind and you will make the best out of any situation... BUT we all still had compairing moments to Mickey. Even E who is usually fine with anything, as he compairs it to his time in the military... lol.

Pro's of Carnival
Price- for what we paid for a inside 7day on Disney we got a balcony 8day cruise on Carni
Deck Fun- boys liked that there was more room in the pools/slides and a golf course vs UFO pools on Disney
Adult Fun- there were more activities planned for adults, were Disney seemed to end by 10pm-ish and were little to come by

Con's of Carnival
Food- I found it to be .. EH nothing wow-able or amazing to me (except the choc lave cake)
Service- There is just SOMETHING to be said about how people on disney treat their customers. Above and beyond, where at time on Carni we just felt like we were almost in the way
Kids Clubs- It was nice for them to have a place to go and get away, make friends but they really lacked structure, good activites planned, or for that matter just open at night for FREE when we want to have some adult only time.

Now having done Disney and Carnival and compairing the 2. We as a family all agree that given the choice between the 2 we would choose Disney over Carnival hands down. But given the choice of Carnival or NO cruise.. carnival would still get 4 votes!

Whats next for the Mac Family.... nothing really. No vacation planned this year unfortunatly. We will be planning many stacations to enjoy a full summer in the pool. It has come along great now to just add some assessories, bbq island etc.

E is not retiring in Oct. he is now in limbo. He has applied for the border patrol and has passed the physicals, tests and is just now waiting to be called for an interview then his security check (which we arent worried about) IF he doesnt blow the interview (LOL ) AND they can offer him a spot in So Cal he will THEN get out... But if not then he stays in the Marines and see's if he gets promoted. Seeing as how the military is now downgrading we are not holding our breath for him to be in the "zone" to get promoted. So I have told him Im tired of hearing about it, call me and let me know when and where I need to show up for either the promotion or retirement party lol.

As for me. Well Im busy fundraising, as I have signed up with some friends/coworkers to do the Susan G. Komen 3day 60mile walk in November. In order to participate I need to raise a minimum of $2300. To date, I have $460 raised! (being crafty pays off!) If anyone would like to donate I would be so appriciative! Click to read more about why I am walking here!! We have tons of fundraisers planned, Bunco for ****s, a ****ieQ, Brewskis for the ****ies, Wine Tasting for the Ta-Ta's (notice a theme here!.. duh you know ME!) but there are 14 of us that need to raise a total of $32,200 so that means lots of grovaling for donations... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEEEEE lol!

Anyhow, thats all folks.. Thank you so much for sticking with me in this LONG LONG journey. I sure know how to drag things out huh! Now off to catch up on all of your trippy's and dream about planning another. Who knows maybe some day we all can cruise together!

Last edited by anewmac; 04-01-2012 at 10:22 PM.
anewmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #158
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hey you finished!

Sweet ending - too bad all good things have to do that...

I like the way you compared Mickey to Freddy. I think we have the same opinion - although we love Disney the very best, if we have to choose between no cruise or another line, we will probably stray.....

Best wishes to E - I know he will do well, either way. Jim is feeling really short about now.... terminal leave the middle of Sept!

Congrats on your fund raisers! I will be back to check it out and give my support

Oh, and I would love to see you on my TR! (shameless plug)
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #159
Grog
Semper Gumby
Loves to ride the riverboats
"What is Steel, Compared to the hand that wields it?"

Great TR. Was sorry to see it end. I (finally) took my first cruise about six weeks ago (RCCL Mariner) and am officially hooked. Already have a four day booked on Carnival Triumph for November
Old 05-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #160
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Hey you finished!

Sweet ending - too bad all good things have to do that...

Oh, and I would love to see you on my TR! (shameless plug)
Sadly once a week I check out cruise on all kinds of lines... E walks by and just says as soon as i know what Im doing with my life we can book one.. which I mutter under my breath, can you please hurry up and figure it out cuz I need a vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog View Post
Great TR. Was sorry to see it end. I (finally) took my first cruise about six weeks ago (RCCL Mariner) and am officially hooked. Already have a four day booked on Carnival Triumph for November
Thanks for sticking around! I have to agree it is an addiction. So glad you liked it, I feel for people that dont have a good time and get turned off by cruising. My thoughts are how can you NOT like it... unless maybe your on the titanic or the Contra Costa ..

Now for a shamless plug, I have started a PRE Trip Report for our Disneyland trip. Its only 3days of the Land for P's 14th Bday (omg I will have a 14yr old ) So if anyone wants to read about our California Adventures LOL click here http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2928546

Thanks again for joining in and reading along!!!

Tags
caribbean, carnival, cruise, freedom, ship

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: