Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2012, 11:28 PM   #91
Dexican
Mouseketeer

Anyone know if the daily parking fee of $15 will go up?
Old 05-18-2012, 11:28 PM   #92
mommy2allyandaveri
Disney or otherwise. Sucks
I will NEVER NEVER NEVER go on that ride again!

Ticket price increase Sunday, May 20

Just got a mouse savers update:

Disneyland (California) Ticket Prices WILL Go Up on SUNDAY!

As I've been predicting, Disneyland ticket prices are going up! Disney has announced that all Disneyland tickets, including Annual Passports, will go up this Sunday, May 20.

If you'd like to avoid the price increase, bear in mind that regular Disneyland (California) tickets currently being sold are valid for first use by December 31, 2012. If you're traveling before that time, you can get discounted prices on your tickets from ARES Travel. For details, click here.

Annual Pass prices usually go up on the same day as all the other tickets, so if you are within 30 days of your renewal date, I recommend renewing early if necessary, before prices go up.*If you were planning to buy an Annual Pass for a future trip, you may want to buy a voucher soon, to avoid the price increase. (Annual Pass vouchers can be redeemed for up to 12 months.*For more about vouchers, click here.) The only discounts on regular (non Southern California Resident) Disneyland Annual Passes are for members of Automobile Club of Southern California and Disney Vacation Club members (for a new Annual Pass only, not renewals).

Anyone know how much delux ap's will go up?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2012, 11:31 PM   #93
mommy2allyandaveri

Sorry, didn't see there was already a thread
Old 05-18-2012, 11:31 PM   #94
suzy021372
Mouseketeer

So sad...

A 3 day park hopper now costs what my deluxe AP cost 4 years ago. My family has really enjoyed th AP, but I believe we are now being priced out. Because I live 250 miles away I can't do the monthly payments (that doesn't make sense to me either).

I am so heart broken, I want to cry.

I hope they come through with a big DVC discount...but I am not holding my breath.
suzy021372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:34 PM   #95
DisneyJamieCA
DIS Veteran

I have a friend who wants to book a Nov trip through AAA (yes I have already tried to explain the benefits of a la carte). It the belief that package prices WON'T be going up until the end of the year. Or she should by tickets today/tomorrow and figure out hotel later?

Upcoming: June 21-25 (PPH); Oct 16-19 (PPH); Nov 19-25 (GCH)

DL Onsite - Aug. '06 (GCH), Dec. '06 (GCH), Dec. '07 (GCH), Feb. '12 (DLH) Nov. '12 (GCH), Nov. '13 (DLH)

DL Offsite - Sept. '07, Aug. '08, Aug. '09, Nov. '10, July '11, June '12, Oct. '12

DisneyJamieCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:36 PM   #96
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

OMG - I'm freaking out a bit. OK, I have a package trip to WDW in Aug. I was planning to upgrade my tix to a Premier Passport while there because we want to do a DLR trip in March 2013. (Plus, we'll sneak in another trip to WDW sometime in the year).

From what I understand, I can only upgrade to Premier Passport in person - which means I'm stuck with whatever rate it is at that time - and given this huge increase, the Premier will likely go way up in price too.

On top of that, I cannot buy DLR tix before the price increase because they expire at the end of the year.

Help! Any suggestions?
elaine amj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:36 PM   #97
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

DH and I decided when we were in DLR the first week of this month to make this "A year of Disney" and upgraded our 6 day hoppers to AP's.

He is doing the happy dance that I talked him into making that purchase.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:39 PM   #98
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine amj View Post
OMG - I'm freaking out a bit. OK, I have a package trip to WDW in Aug. I was planning to upgrade my tix to a Premier Passport while there because we want to do a DLR trip in March 2013. (Plus, we'll sneak in another trip to WDW sometime in the year).

From what I understand, I can only upgrade to Premier Passport in person - which means I'm stuck with whatever rate it is at that time - and given this huge increase, the Premier will likely go way up in price too.

On top of that, I cannot buy DLR tix before the price increase because they expire at the end of the year.

Help! Any suggestions?
I am not sure there is anything you can do. Earlier in the thread I believe it was said that the Premier would be $849, but double check me to be sure. That is still a pretty good price for both parks I think.
ArchOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:40 PM   #99
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

Forgive me, but the special $199, 3 day park hoppers are only good until May 28th, right? Or is that just the purchase deadline. TIA
Old 05-18-2012, 11:43 PM   #100
jumparound
Mouseketeer

I already bought 3 day park hoppers and paid for our hotel for our trip at the end of August. We were planning on upgrading to APs, with 5 nights in hotel and 4 days in park. Now that prices are going up we'll need more money than originally thought and idk what we're going to do. So stressful!
Old 05-18-2012, 11:46 PM   #101
mommy2allyandaveri

So if I purchase our AP's tomorrow and activate in November, they will expire a year from tomorrow or a year from November?
Old 05-18-2012, 11:46 PM   #102
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloweenqueen View Post
Forgive me, but the special $199, 3 day park hoppers are only good until May 28th, right? Or is that just the purchase deadline. TIA
First use must occur by May 28th and they expire 13 days after first use.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:47 PM   #103
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumparound View Post
I already bought 3 day park hoppers and paid for our hotel for our trip at the end of August. We were planning on upgrading to APs, with 5 nights in hotel and 4 days in park. Now that prices are going up we'll need more money than originally thought and idk what we're going to do. So stressful!
Are you a California resident? You could use the monthly payment plan.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:00 AM   #104
Boston Tea Party
Truth is truth

Got a Premium AP in March. Won't be doing that again.
You never ever left my side ~ Make it like it was before
Even if it takes a life time, takes a life time ~

~Next Dole Whip... 11/22 - 11/29 USC Trojan Style! ~
Boston Tea Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:02 AM   #105
abouley
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoodLover View Post
Yes. I've done this myself several times to avoid price increases.

There are two questions unanswered right now because DL has recently changed its online AP system:

1. Are the regular APs sold online "pre-activated" (and thus expire a year from the date of purchase), or are they activated when you take them to the park? I don't know for sure, and for that reason I recommend buying the "gift voucher" option just to be safe. Then take the voucher to DL and exchange it for a new AP whenever you are ready to start using your new AP.

2. Most sources are telling me the AP vouchers can be exchanged for a year without paying an upcharge. One source says the upcharge applies after the end of the calendar year.

Both are fairly minor issues. If I had an AP expiring in August and definitely wanted to "renew" it, I would buy a "gift voucher" for a new pass now, before the price goes up. Losing the renewal discount is nothing compared with these AP price increases!

Mary
MouseSavers.com
One downside of this is that you can't do the payment plan with the gift voucher.

The other thing I'm trying to figure out if you buy online and your first day of visit is a blocked out day, can you still get in that day?
abouley is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: