Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2012, 10:37 PM   #61
FoodLover
Founder of MouseSavers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor58 View Post
these new prices are they for the tix that you buy the day of in the parks, or the early purchase online price?
Gate prices (prices you pay at the ticket booth) are going up and those are the prices that have been published. I'm sure the advance purchase prices will also go up.

There is a ticket promo for tickets that require first use by 5/28 and I would expect prices on those will probably stay the same, but the promo is almost over.

Mary
MouseSavers.com
FoodLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:37 PM   #62
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

so is there no way to get tickets for 2013? all the tickets on the DL site say that they expire in Dec. 2012.
OhioStateBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2012, 10:37 PM   #63
Zbugz
Thinking about In n Out Burgers and Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoodLover View Post
Normally if you've paid your deposit on a package, the price is locked in. Actually the package prices are usually locked in through the end of the year regardless: the ticket prices within packages shouldn't go up until 2013, even on new package bookings after 5/20.

Mary
MouseSavers.com
Thanks, Mary. I must have been typing my post a few seconds after yours.
Zbugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:38 PM   #64
FoodLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioStateBuckeye View Post
so is there no way to get tickets for 2013? all the tickets on the DL site say that they expire in Dec. 2012.
Nope, unfortunately you're stuck with the increase if you're arriving at DL after 12/31/12.

Mary
MouseSavers.com
Old 05-18-2012, 10:39 PM   #65
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

We renewed on Wednesday, because we figured it would probably be going up this weekend and will be extremely busy tonight and Saturday at the ticket booths.

I hope that they adjust the DVC discount to be more in line with WDW, after all, they said the reason that they didn't is because of how inexpensive our passes are, since that is no longer the case, they can certainly make the discount similar.

I wonder what this will do to the premier pass price.

For the passes that are expiring soon, but more than $40 days out, I would purchase a voucher from the Disney Store (or some supermarkets have them as well) before Sunday, they are good for a year I believe, just check the fine print on the ticket, it will tell you when it has to be redeemed by. Yes, you will loose out on the $20 renewal discount; however, you will still save about $140 over the renewal price.

On vacation packages, as long as it is currently in your vacation package and you have paid a deposit, I would think you should be fine, if it is not in your package, I would add it before Sunday.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:45 PM   #66
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Jeez. The price increase was announced way too early then last year which was around June and all of a sudden they increased the price on everything a lot. Thank you for posting the link ArchOwl, or I would have been out for $150 dollars when I renew back to the DL Premium AP. I just renewed or downgrade my AP to the Premium and now I felt relieve of not getting the pass when we go to DL during the AP sneak peek at CL/BVS.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:47 PM   #67
sierranevada
DISDiva

Quote:
YES. Buy a new pass online at Disneyland.com and you'll receive a voucher good for one year. You do not have to pay the upgraded price when you activate the voucher at the park.

The only AP you can't do this with is the Premier Pass, which is only sold in person.

Mary
MouseSavers.com
I currently have a Premier pass expiring in Aug. Only want to get a Premium pass. So if I buy online, do I choose the voucher option? I tired the pass option and it wants the name and not sure if it would not accept it if I am already in the system.

sierranevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:50 PM   #68
FoodLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierranevada View Post
I currently have a Premier pass expiring in Aug. Only want to get a Premium pass. So if I buy online, do I choose the voucher option? I tired the pass option and it wants the name and not sure if it would not accept it if I am already in the system.
The only option when buying a NEW (not renewal) pass online is a voucher. You have to take it to the gate and get it activated when you're ready to use it for the first time.

I've bought new APs before while still holding an unexpired AP. The system is not sophisticated enough to detect that, nor is there any rule against it.

Mary
MouseSavers.com
Old 05-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #69
DharmaLou
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

Glad I stopped in tonight - I'll be buying ours tomorrow morning!
Old 05-18-2012, 10:57 PM   #70
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

If I want to buy an AP and activate in September, should I choose gift voucher?
Old 05-18-2012, 10:58 PM   #71
OnTheRoadAgain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyItsNickCA View Post
This sucks. 3 day park-hopper tickets from 198 to 250. Big increase, especially when you buy for a whole family.
Guess they only want us to stay 2 days. Crowd control by increasing prices.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:06 PM   #72
pudinhd
DIS Veteran

Wow!!! Big news! Right now we are shaking our heads that we didn't take the $20 off deal at the Tuesday night Fantasmic event... Either we buy the vouchers tonight/tomorrow or we won't renew. I thought $500 was a lot for our premium passes, but $649 is way too much!! Thanks so much for posting the info!!!
Too Many Trips to Disneyland to Count, 1999 WDW Honeymoon, 2005 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2008 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2008 WDW Vacation, 2009 Backstage Magic ABD, 2011 Disney Cruise to Neverland, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2012 Alaskan Disney Cruise, 2013 Repo LA to Vancouver Disney Cruise, 2014 Western Caribbean Disney Cruise, 2014 Backstage Magic ABD
pudinhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:09 PM   #73
Dexican
Mouseketeer

Okay what sense does discontinuing the 6 day make? By adding Cars Land they are adding more to see and do and as it is now it take 4-5 days to see everything during peak season. I would think they would push the 6 day more now than ever than discontinue it???
Old 05-18-2012, 11:12 PM   #74
todzwife
There's nothing worse than walking around with a wet butt

Holy crap! We're looking at $56 per ticket increase for a 4 day park hopper for November. That's over $200 for our family alone!

Glad I stopped in tonight.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:13 PM   #75
pudinhd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The only option when buying a NEW (not renewal) pass online is a voucher. You have to take it to the gate and get it activated when you're ready to use it for the first time.

I've bought new APs before while still holding an unexpired AP. The system is not sophisticated enough to detect that, nor is there any rule against it.

Mary
MouseSavers.com
This is helpful information! My husband is wondering what keeps someone from purchasing 20 of them and locking in the price for the next 20 years...
Too Many Trips to Disneyland to Count, 1999 WDW Honeymoon, 2005 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2008 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2008 WDW Vacation, 2009 Backstage Magic ABD, 2011 Disney Cruise to Neverland, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2012 Alaskan Disney Cruise, 2013 Repo LA to Vancouver Disney Cruise, 2014 Western Caribbean Disney Cruise, 2014 Backstage Magic ABD
pudinhd is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: