Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
twilson125
Earning My Ears

Stateroom question - 1st time cruiser!

We're booked on the Fantasy for the last week of August. I booked a deluxe family stateroom with verandah -- room 7104, can anyone tell me if that is a good location or not? Thanks so much!!!
twilson125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
Justacruiser
Military Veteran

You are pretty much in the middle of the ship. I actually prefer the 7th floor because it is 4 flights up to deck 11 where the pools, drink stations and food are. And, the food is on deck 3 and theaters on 4 and 5. Most of the time you will use the stairs/elevators in the center of the ship. Those will always be the busiest. So, if there is occation that you are forward you will want to use them instead. They are less busy. Rooms are a nice size and you should have a blast. Any of questions, let me know.

Total: 21 DCL Cruises / Total Nights on Board: 117 / Favorite Ship: Magic

2014 - 3 Cruises: 2-Dream (B2B), 1-Fantasy
2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

MAGIC - 6, WONDER - 5, DREAM - 7, FANTASY - 3
Justacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2012, 04:56 PM   #3
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

Not a connecting room, which we prefer. Looks pretty good, though you'd maybe have a nicer view of Castaway Cay if you were on the other side of the ship.

Cruisin' With Mickey! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012 Trip Report

Ramada Maingate February 2014--First time as a family of five! Ramada Maingate July 2013--Last time as a family of four! Ramada Maingate December 2012--Club 33! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera November 2012--We're addicted! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012--First Cruise! Ramada Maingate September 2011--First Trip as a family of 4! Anaheim Hilton March 2011--Last Trip as a Family of 3! Marriott Anaheim December 2010--Grandpa Jim's First Trip Marriott Anaheim October 2010--Celebrating Our 1 Year Adoption Anniversary Marriott Anaheim July 2010--Isabel's 3rd Birthday Trip Marriott Anaheim May 2010--First Time at Disneyland & First Trip with Isabel! Off Site May 2009--Quick getaway with my two favorite guys, DH and Dad Pop Century September 2008--My first solo trip! Pop Century May 2008--Finally just DH and me again! All Star Sports September 2006--With Dad and The Otters All Star Movies October 2005--Pressed penny collecting trip on the heels of Hurricane Wilma! Off Site December 2004--One last trip with Mom...bittersweet memories Off Site April 2003--With Mom & Dad Off Site May 2000--First trip with DH! And way more trips than I can count while living in Florida and then visiting after we moved!
marciemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:17 PM   #4
KBT35
Mouseketeer

click on "staterooms" in the red bar above, then room reports, see if wnayone has reviewed it!
My Aunt's 65th Birthday Dream Surprise May 26th-30th 2013
KBT35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #5
trimix
DIS Veteran

I dont understand people stressing out over a "good" room. All rooms in a given category are essentially identical so why worry? If the cabin is on a Disney ship, it is in a good location.

Disneyland more times than I can count.
WDW 8/2008
Disney Magic - Western Caribbean 8/2009
Disney Wonder - West Coast repo 4/2011
trimix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:07 AM   #6
twilson125
Earning My Ears

Thank you for taking time to reply I really appreciate it. Since this is our first cruise, I have so many questions, lol, which probably seem silly to veteran cruisers, but really important to me. I'm concerned about motion sickness -- is it a major concern? If so, do the bracelets or over-the-counter patches work? We're so excited ... hoping, dreaming, knowing it will be totally awesome!
twilson125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:32 PM   #7
Essexguy29
Earning My Ears

i don't normally get sea sick (for example on the ferry between Dover in England to Calais in France) but I did find on my first cruise back in January that for the first few hours I could really feel the ship moving but after that I was fine.

I did find most of the other cruisers had a plaster behind their ear to help with the motion sickness.
Essexguy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:27 PM   #8
Disneymeow
Earning My Ears

We were actually just down the hall from 7104 on our Fantasy cruise a couple of weeks ago in 7138 (also our first cruise!) in a deluxe family stateroom with verandah and we loved it. Rooms are nice and comfortable with plenty of room (there were three of us). Location wise, as Justacruiser previously mentioned, it's about middle of the ship. Not too long of a walk to a stairwell or elevator but far enough away not to be bothered by any noise from them.

My son and I had a great time watching the boat dock from the verandah and seeing all the hustle and bustle of getting the ship tied up. The best part - when we were leaving Castaway Cay, all the workers on the dock brought out their big Mickey hand gloves and waved goodbye while we were leaving. My son got a big kick out of that.

Motion sickness wasn't a problem for us at all, but we had fantastic weather for our cruise. The hardest part was the "floating" feeling we had for a couple of days after we got off the ship! It wasn't too bad, but it was a little weird.

Is it time to go to WDW, DL or DCL yet?!!?
Disneymeow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney fantasy, stateroom

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: