Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #1
PrincessBetsy
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Yo Ho, Yo Ho! A Graduation Trip for Me! *Completed!

Yo Ho, Yo Ho! A Graduation Trip for Me!

Hello and welcome to my second dining review! That’s right, I have returned. You can find my first dining review here.
Without further adieu, I shall introduce the pirates aboard this vessel.

The Crew

DDad - His favorite park is the Magic Kingdom and his favorite attractions are Soarin and The Magic Carpets of Aladdin.
DMom - Her favorite park is the Magic Kingdom and her favorite attraction is Peter Pan’s Flight.
My Brother (Andrew, 19) - His favorite park is the Magic Kingdom and his favorite attractions are Splash Mountain and Star Tours.
My Best Friend and Roommate (Laura, 21) - She visited WDW when she was very little, so this was essentially her first trip. Her favorite park turned out to be the Magic Kingdom and her favorite attraction is Splash Mountain.
And me, Betsy (21) - My favorite park is the Magic Kingdom and my favorite attractions are Pirates of the Caribbean and Splash Mountain. I’m a touch bit in love with Captain Jack Sparrow and anything piratical.

Trip Details

When: May 6th – 13th
Where: Port Orleans Riverside
Why: To celebrate my graduation from college! I graduated on May 5th and we took off for WDW early the next morning.

Background

My whole family absolutely loves Walt Disney World. This was our 25th trip and we had a fantastic time! It was especially wonderful because we were able to share everything with my best friend. She had a truly magical experience and I’m so glad she was able to join us.

My family loves to eat, but we are not really foodies. We enjoy a burger and fries almost as much as dining at a fancy restaurant. I am a more adventurous eater than anyone in my family and I also love to cook and bake, which comes in handy when trying to recreate recipes from WDW at home. As a side note, my mother has a stomach condition and has to be careful about what she eats. Sometimes she orders kids meals since the portion sizes are smaller and the food is pretty mild. Laura on the other hand, is always ready to try new food. She also loves honey and various other healthy foods as you will soon see.

We have never gotten the dining plan, as it really doesn’t fit into our touring style. We don’t really plan which park we are going to until the day before and only schedule a few table service restaurants each trip. We also don’t like to get too full on food because we often go commando style (lots of walking and little sleep!), so we tend to share bigger meals and get a snack later on.

You can probably tell by now that I love Pirates of the Caribbean. So, it is now time to divulge my rating scale based on my favorite movie series.

Rating Scale

Captain Jack Sparrow
The Captain is intelligent, cunning, and witty, making him quite a clever pirate. Oh, and did I happen to mention how attractive he is?
This is one of the best meals you have ever had in your entire life. You often spend time dreaming of this food and try to recreate it at home. This is definitely a must do on your next trip!

Hector Barbossa
An excellent pirate and swordsman, Barbossa is definitely someone to watch out for.
This is a good, solid meal. It is pretty gosh darn tasty, and something you would try again.

Blackbeard
The one pirate that all pirates fear. Blackbeard is downright evil, greedy, and ruthless.
This is a terrible meal and one you would never want to eat again.

Now that we have discussed the rating scale, I believe it is time to begin the reviews. So hop aboard and weigh anchor, as we set sail to the most magical place on earth!

Last edited by PrincessBetsy; 06-14-2012 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Update Title
PrincessBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:43 PM   #2
PrincessBetsy

Table of Contents

Arrrgh Itinerary

Sunday, May 6th
Dinner: Earl of Sandwich
Snack: Goofy’s Candy Company

Monday, May 7th
Breakfast: Riverside Mill Food Court
Lunch: Liberty Tree Tavern
Dinner: Beaches and Cream

Tuesday, May 8th
Lunch: Pizza Planet
Dinner: Riverside Mill Food Court
Dessert: Graduation Cake

Wednesday, May 9th
Breakfast: Kona Café
Snack: Kusafiri Bakery
Dinner 1: Flame Tree Barbecue
Dinner 2: Columbia Harbour House
Dessert: Plaza Ice Cream Parlour

Thursday, May 10th
Breakfast: Main Street Bakery
Snacks: Captain Cooks / Barefoot Pool Bar
Dinner: Pecos Bill

Friday, May 11th
Breakfast: Sunshine Seasons
Late Lunch: Boulangerie Patisserie
Snacks: Kringla Bakeri og Café / Yorkshire County Fish Shop / Karamell-Kuche

Saturday, May 12th
Lunch: The Plaza
Dinner: The Pinocchio Village Haus
Snacks: The Confectionary / Popcorn Cart

Sunday, May 13th

Final Thoughts

Port Orleans Riverside Room Photos

Shameless Plug: http://thewildestrideinthewilderness.blogspot.com/

Last edited by PrincessBetsy; 06-14-2012 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Add Itinerary
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2012, 09:51 PM   #3
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance

Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)

YAY! I loved your last review, and your rating system is perfect! Signing in and looking forward to it! Congrats on your graduation btw, what a great accomplishment and great way to celebrate!
BlovesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:10 PM   #4
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Yay, Betsy! I am so excited to read your reviews, as I really enjoyed your last report. I share your love for pirates ! Looks like you had some yummy grub. Yo-Ho!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:14 PM   #5
PrincessBetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlovesC View Post
YAY! I loved your last review, and your rating system is perfect! Signing in and looking forward to it! Congrats on your graduation btw, what a great accomplishment and great way to celebrate!
Thank you so much!!! I'm so glad you enjoyed my last review and signed up for another adventure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveeeyore View Post
Yay, Betsy! I am so excited to read your reviews, as I really enjoyed your last report. I share your love for pirates ! Looks like you had some yummy grub. Yo-Ho!
Ahoy there me hearty! I'm so glad you have come aboard for another dining review
Old 05-17-2012, 11:26 PM   #6
PrincessBetsy

Shameless Plug

Ahoy there! I just updated the itinerary to include all the places we dined at. I also included a link at the bottom for my new blog: The Wildest Blog in the Wilderness.

I am excited to tell you all that I am going to be participating in the Disney College Program! I will be working as an Attractions Cast Member from June 11th - January 2nd. Feel free to check out my blog, which will chronicle my journey as a CM. While I am at WDW I will be sure to keep track of all the places I eat at, so I can continue to share my reviews with you!

Last edited by PrincessBetsy; 05-24-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #7
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Congrats on doing the college program!! I can't wait to hear all about it. I also can't wait to read your dining review. It looks like lots of good eats!!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:16 PM   #8
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Permission to come aboard Cap't!
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #9
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Congratulations about the College Program! My DD will be entering college in the fall and has long dreamed of the DCP. We just discovered recently that you are allowed to do this immediately after graduation, quite an intriguing option! We will be following your blog.

Can't wait to read more!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #10
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Sounds like this is going to be a great report.

I'll have to follow your blog too, and maybe I can stalk you when we are at WDW in October. LOL Or I could pretend to be a surrogate Mom, since I am old enough to be your Mom, and just keep an eye on you. ;-)

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

kelleigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #11
donnaf516
DIS Veteran

Joining in. Congrats on the College Program!!

August 2010 - POR °O° August 2011 - CBR °O° February 2012 - Pop °O° August 2012 - BC °O° August 2013 - POFQ °O° August 2014 - POFQ ºOº December 2014 - AOA
donnaf516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:40 PM   #12
Krissalee
DIS Veteran

Congrats on graduation, the college program, what what looks to have been a great trip! Looking forward to reading all the reviews.
Past Trips: 10/13 BWV (15th Anniversary) 9/13 BWV (Krissy's first solo trip), 11/12 OKW, 10/11 BWV (13th Anniversary), 2/11 SSR (Mom & Dad's 40th Anniversary) , 10/10 SSR (12th Anniversary), 1/10 BWV, 3/09 BWV, 10/08 SSR (10th Anniversary), 10/07 BCV/SSR (9th Anniversary), 10/06 BWV (8th Anniversary), 10/05 BWV (7th Anniversary & Hurricane Wilma), 10/03 BWV (5th Anniversary), 12/02 AKL/YC (my 30th birthday), 3/02 ASM, 10/01 WL (3rd Anniversary), 1999 CBR (Craig's first trip), childhood trips late 70s/early 80s
Krissalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #13
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Count me in!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:20 AM   #14
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

I'm in also. And we will be in WDW in August so will follow your blog and say 'hi' if we run into you in the summer
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:39 AM   #15
hogwartsdropout
You can't run away from trouble...ain't no place that far..

Can't wait for your report, loved your last one
2000, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside
2009 - Saratoga Springs
2008-2009 UK World Showcase CM (stayed at WL, POR, GF, CR, ASSp, ASMo, CS, CB, YC, Pop)
2011 - ASSp and WL
2012 - ASSp and AKL
2014 - ASSp - Got engaged in Epcot!
hogwartsdropout is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: