Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2012, 07:39 AM   #1576
jannel80
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
The Dollar Tree had all their luau stuff out while I was looking for decorations for Mulan night, so I bought a bunch of it to stow away for Lilo and Stitch night. Yeah, I am obsessed! I just this thread, and movie nights have become my new obsession since it is still a little early to start planning for our next trip to WDW.
I did the same thing for our Lilo and Stitch party. They had some really cute luau stuff so I just bought it to save for July or August when we do our Lilo and Stitch because I know when I look for it later I wont be able to find it! I am so glad I found this thread but now I am getting obsessed!!

Me Jannel DH Dave DS Caden DS Colton DD Reise
Many Trips to DW as a child
Dec. 2004 Carribean Beach Resort with DH
Dec. 2010 Pop (1st trip with kids)
Sept. 2011 Pop
Feb. 2013 AoA Cars Suite
Nov. 2014 CSR
jannel80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:41 AM   #1577
jannel80
Mouseketeer

Chelley00- great job with the Lilo and Stitch and Alice parties! Cute ideas!

Sept. 2011 Pop
Feb. 2013 AoA Cars Suite
Nov. 2014 CSR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2012, 07:47 AM   #1578
pigletto
DIS Veteran

I LOVE this thread!!!!
I plan to use some of these ideas leading up to this summers trip!! Dd 15 will play along and enjoy it I'm sure, but ds8 will be over the moon to do this type of thing!!!

We're a board game family though I will sadly admit to all of us only playing about half the time that ds asks for a game night.
We have The Haunted Mansion Game of Life, Tower of Terror Clue, and.. I just got Disney Trivial Pursuit for Mothers day

I am absolutely going to incorporate one or more of the games into the night!!
Old 05-15-2012, 07:50 AM   #1579
macleod1979
Mouseketeer

This thread has helped me plan my son's 6th birthday party in June. Thanks alot for the tips!
Old 05-15-2012, 08:54 AM   #1580
jannel80
Mouseketeer

Three Caballeros

Here are my pictures from our Three Caballeros Party:

Choco Tacos and Dulce De Leche Ice Cream for dessert:

Sept. 2011 Pop
Feb. 2013 AoA Cars Suite
Nov. 2014 CSR
Old 05-15-2012, 09:08 AM   #1581
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Jannel80-What a great party! I love that you included a picture of your kids with the Mexico Donald Duck!!! I would love to add this movie to our list of future movie nights, but I called around and none of our video stores or the library has it. I am not sure where else to check. Not sure we want to purchase it since we have never actually seen it.
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:49 AM   #1582
jannel80
Mouseketeer

oopsiDaisy- Thank you! I rented the movie fom my library and that night was the first time any of us saw it. The boys liked it but I don't think it is a movie they would ask to watch again, so not sure it would be worth buying. My library didnt have it so I ordered it from another library in the same county as mine. Could you see if any other library in the same county has it and then have them send it to your library?

Sept. 2011 Pop
Feb. 2013 AoA Cars Suite
Nov. 2014 CSR
Old 05-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #1583
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannel80 View Post
oopsiDaisy- Thank you! I rented the movie fom my library and that night was the first time any of us saw it. The boys liked it but I don't think it is a movie they would ask to watch again, so not sure it would be worth buying. My library didnt have it so I ordered it from another library in the same county as mine. Could you see if any other library in the same county has it and then have them send it to your library?
Yep-I tried that too. Hmmm-wonder if it is on Netflix? That is another possibility!
Old 05-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #1584
PelletierBears
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMickee View Post
Welcome to the Snuggly Duckling!

We enjoyed braided sandwiches (pizza and ham and cheese), cheese & crackers, preztel ducklings, pb&j ducklings, grapes, strawberries, blueberries and root beer. I wanted to make hazelnut soup, but didn't figure it'd go over very well at a 4 year old's birthday party so I made "fake" soup instead. I put some butterscotch pudding in little cups and sprinked it with hazelnuts. Don't you just love our plates!!??

To be continued....

Those sandwiches look delish! Did you make them yourself? if so, would you mind sharing the recipes?

Thanks!

1982 - offsite, 1996 - offsite, May 2001 - AKL, June 2006 - WL, June 2007 - WL, July 2008 - WL, June 2009 -Split stay: Pirate rm CBR & Poly Club Level!, December 2010 -Split stay: POP & WL, June 2012 - Split stay: CSR & WL, January 2014 - Split stay: AKL Club level & Poly, January 2015 - AKL Club level
PelletierBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:45 PM   #1585
Alysa
DIS Veteran

What great ideas! I've got 65 weekends left to go and a movie night planned out for each weekend from these great ideas. I'll start posting pics as we do them. First up, Snow White! I've got to move 101 dalmatians to 101 nights out though - such great ideas - thank you to everyone!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:24 PM   #1586
JennyWren
Mouseketeer

I've been lurking in this thread and just wanted to chime in and say that I really need to start having these nights at our house. I'm going to save the Three Cabarellos for my DS's birthday though, because it's his favorite.... Not anyone elses though, once is enough for most people.

JennyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:26 PM   #1587
cheap traveler
DIS Veteran

Location: A tiny town not even on the map, between Albany and NYC

Thank you all for the amazing ideas!!

We have 15 Fridays left until our trip, so I'm planning 14 theme-nights (15th is my birthday the day before we leave, so that's "Mommy themed")

Our first one is tomorrow, which is our 100-day mark, so I'm going to do a countdown night.
*I'm giving them each a new vinylmation to trade in Disney
*Using Disney cups we have, and leftover napkins from our 2010 trip
*play our Disney trivia Wii game or Scene-it
*put out our Disney stuffed animals
*pull out the photo albums to relive the previous trips

Now, I know it's quite early since the movie doesn't come out until June 22nd, but has anyone started coming up with ideas for Brave? I plan to take the girls to see it on 6/30, and would love to make it a theme night. TIA!

Me31 DD10 DD7
cheap traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #1588
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Oooh a Brave movie night....

Okay, so I have to admit, I had to google to find out what kind of food is served in Scotland. So a food idea would be meat pies; activity idea- nerf archery set. Of course decorations would have to be plaid right?

That's pretty much all I have having not seen the movie yet. It's a start. Maybe with all us of throwing ideas around we can come up with something great!
Old 05-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #1589
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Brave night

On watching the trailer, I think you'd need some sort of sticky bun, or maybe just an round iced scone with a currant, cranberry or cherry on top (the brothers keep stealing them).
And they eat some sort of meat at the table, I'd imagine it's chicken legs?
But if ye wish her gratfu' prayer, gie her a Haggis!

We were going to do archery lessons too!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #1590
cheap traveler
DIS Veteran

Location: A tiny town not even on the map, between Albany and NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Oooh a Brave movie night....

Okay, so I have to admit, I had to google to find out what kind of food is served in Scotland. So a food idea would be meat pies; activity idea- nerf archery set. Of course decorations would have to be plaid right?

That's pretty much all I have having not seen the movie yet. It's a start. Maybe with all us of throwing ideas around we can come up with something great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
On watching the trailer, I think you'd need some sort of sticky bun, or maybe just an round iced scone with a currant, cranberry or cherry on top (the brothers keep stealing them).
And they eat some sort of meat at the table, I'd imagine it's chicken legs?
But if ye wish her gratfu' prayer, gie her a Haggis!

We were going to do archery lessons too!
Thanks for the ideas!! I think we might be stopping at the grocery store on the way home from the movie, so I have a better idea on food. Now on to Craigs List to find an archery toy!!

Anyone have a recipe idea on those braided sandwiches for Tangled? My DD would love a Tangled party, and that would be perfect food for a bunch of 6 year olds!

Tonight is our 100-day celebration! I'll try to post pictures next week.

Me31 DD10 DD7
cheap traveler is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: