Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2012, 02:34 PM   #106
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I could eat those nachos right now! Yay for being in that 6 month window!!

Thanks Goofy_mom and WDWJonasGirl for the comparison of the 2 ToTs.

Here they are with the beef. I love these.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #107
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post

Here they are with the beef. I love these.
Ooooh, yum!!

I need to wait until after I eat to look at your thread, lol! We are having chicken and Au Gratin potatoes tonight, but it's not ready yet.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2012, 07:46 PM   #108
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Ooooh, yum!!

I need to wait until after I eat to look at your thread, lol! We are having chicken and Au Gratin potatoes tonight, but it's not ready yet.

That's the way I am about yours. I love seeing all the food!

Yummy, your dinner sounds good. We are barbecuing marinated chicken and have pasta with veggies. It won't be for a while though.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #109
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's the way I am about yours. I love seeing all the food!

Yummy, your dinner sounds good. We are barbecuing marinated chicken and have pasta with veggies. It won't be for a while though.
LOL, all good now. Belly full.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:13 PM   #110
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Oh god, I want those Nachos, except I don't like spicy.

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Concerts
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:09 AM   #111
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
LOL, all good now. Belly full.

Sounds like your dinner was good. Ours was good. Safeway has a new collection of marinades and I have been trying them. Last night was the orange one. It wasn't spectacular. They have a Cuban garlic one that was really good. I love grilling time of year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
Oh god, I want those Nachos, except I don't like spicy.
You know Kaitlin, the only thing that was spicy about them was the jalapeno peppers and you can get it without them.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:22 PM   #112
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Okay. If we get it, I would ask for it without them. The rest of my family likes spicy. I don't.

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Concerts
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #113
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
Okay. If we get it, I would ask for it without them. The rest of my family likes spicy. I don't.

My oldest Snow White doesn't like anything spicy and sticks to things like pizza or cheeseburgers.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #114
kaoden39
Hugs

We always planned to rent a vehicle and I was planning a minivan because there are so many of us. Fairy Godmother will be driving her minivan. I got to thinking that Grumpy is going to be riding with Fairy Godmother so that leaves up one less seat we need in our van. Then I got to thinking that Simba might ride with Buzz. So we are now going to rent a car, like an Impala in size. It saves me around $400! Which to me is huge!! More money for souvenirs, or gas the way the gas prices keep going up.

Either way it is a win win because the car will get better mileage than a minivan might.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #115
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We always planned to rent a vehicle and I was planning a minivan because there are so many of us. Fairy Godmother will be driving her minivan. I got to thinking that Grumpy is going to be riding with Fairy Godmother so that leaves up one less seat we need in our van. Then I got to thinking that Simba might ride with Buzz. So we are now going to rent a car, like an Impala in size. It saves me around $400! Which to me is huge!! More money for souvenirs, or gas the way the gas prices keep going up.

Either way it is a win win because the car will get better mileage than a minivan might.
Gas prices can really add up. Our minivan gets decent millage, but our sedan does much better
Old 05-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #116
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Gas prices can really add up. Our minivan gets decent millage, but our sedan does much better

Our minivan isn't bad, it gets pretty good freeway mileage but I don't want to put the miles on it. Our gas went up 16 cents over 4 days a week and a half ago. It hit hard! A gradual change doesn't leave me gasping so badly, but that slam was a biggie!! I paid $4.05 on Thursday afternoon and by Monday morning it was $4.21.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #117
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Our minivan isn't bad, it gets pretty good freeway mileage but I don't want to put the miles on it. Our gas went up 16 cents over 4 days a week and a half ago. It hit hard! A gradual change doesn't leave me gasping so badly, but that slam was a biggie!! I paid $4.05 on Thursday afternoon and by Monday morning it was $4.21.
yay for savings on the car

that sucks about your gas

Ours has been going down. But with this weekend coming up being Memorial Day weekend, you know it will creep right back up
Old 05-20-2012, 03:50 PM   #118
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
yay for savings on the car

that sucks about your gas

Ours has been going down. But with this weekend coming up being Memorial Day weekend, you know it will creep right back up

I noticed earlier that ours was creeping down again. Odd thing I thought I figured it would just stay up. It dropped 2 cents a gallon at one place and 6 cents at another. Tomorrow I will be getting gas so we will see what it does.

The excuse they are using is that there were several refineries being refurbished at the same time causing a shortage so it was more expensive. All I hear is blah, blah, blah!
Old 05-22-2012, 08:28 AM   #119
BeckWhy
The Tag Fairy prefers to remain an enigma ;)

Quote:
I live near a town that had an onion processing plant and the whole town smelled of onion. In small doses it wasn't bad, in large doses it drove me nuts. I wonder if the chocolate smell would.
Ooo! Onion would be bad too. My aunt lives down the street from an onion farm, even though they don't process them when you drive buy you can definitely smell them.

Quote:
Can only smell it close to the plant. Otherwise it's just fresh country air. I'm more "scared" of some of the smells from Zoo America, lol.
I'm glad you said something. People used to always come back from the park and say how all you could smell was chocolate (and surprisingly most people didn't like the smell of the chocolate).

Quote:
As of recently, our gas prices have started to drop. I doubt that it will stay that way, but I want to be optimistic! This is what I can tell you about our gas here: Beginning of the year I paid $3.50, when I filled up yesterday I paid $3.91.

And for your rental, I hope you get an Impala. I love them!
September 2012 - 1st Trip to Disneyland!|November 2009 - Solo Trip at POP|November 2008 - POP with my ex-boyfriend|September 2006 - POP with my ex-boyfriend|January 2004 - POP with my older sister|March 2002 - ASMo with the Frewsburg cheerleaders (first time on site!)|April 1999 - Off Site with the family|April 1998 - Off Site with the family USF only trip|July 1997 - Off Site with the family|July 1994 - Off Site with the family|January 1987 - Off Site with the family|April 1984 - Off Site with the family|June 1983 - Off Site with the family
BeckWhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #120
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckWhy View Post
Ooo! Onion would be bad too. My aunt lives down the street from an onion farm, even though they don't process them when you drive buy you can definitely smell them.

I'm glad you said something. People used to always come back from the park and say how all you could smell was chocolate (and surprisingly most people didn't like the smell of the chocolate).

As of recently, our gas prices have started to drop. I doubt that it will stay that way, but I want to be optimistic! This is what I can tell you about our gas here: Beginning of the year I paid $3.50, when I filled up yesterday I paid $3.91.

And for your rental, I hope you get an Impala. I love them!

There are a couple of plants here in town that I love when they are cooking. Jelly Belly and the Adelle Sausage plants. Both of which are really near where WBG works. The sausage plant smells amazing and it makes me hungry when we go by. The Jelly Belly plant smells sweet, their warehouse even smells sweet when you drive by. The Anheiser Busch plant has a bread like smell when they are brewing. Sometimes I like it.

I am looking forward to the Impala. I drove an Impala when I was a teenager. My parents had a big boat of an Impala when I started driving. I loved that car!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: