Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2012, 04:25 PM   #16
bazzanoid
where'sthespacebar?

Yep that definitely helps - thank you so much!!!

the lounge at sanford is a godsend as the airport itself is more barren of things to do than the average tube station!!
bazzanoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:03 PM   #17
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Think their flight dates may not work for us when I look at it Is going indirect really so bad?? that may be our only way

DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
tinkertaylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2012, 05:34 PM   #18
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

We don't mind indirect at all.

Perk mainly is price - it can be significantly cheaper.

You clear immigration at arrival airport. Given that people have been reporting hour plus waits at mco immigration no bad thing.

Also in my experience you tend to get a quieter flight as first timers and families with very young kids prefer direct. Can make check in alot quicker etc.

If you like the DTD check in there is a service called offairportcheckin at lake buena vista outlets that covers lots of the indirect airlines like delta and us airways. We really rated this in october and again no line to check in.

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:46 AM   #19
zippy99
DIS Veteran

We really should have a comparison of different flights listing :

Legroom
Entertainment
Meals
Seat booking

From my experience with a charter the PE upgrade brings benefits such as unlimited alcoholic drinks, AV-On demand etc..Yet BA offers all of this in economy. Virgin, delta allow you to book your seat in advance without charge whereas other airlines want to charge for this. Aside from leg room which is a unique benefit many other options are inclusive with other airlines.

As the above are all key factors i think for most when booking it maybe worth doing this to help people decide. My friend always flies Thomson PE - and said we like the on demand entertainment and wine throughout the trip so always pay extra for that - I said but I had that service in regular economy on BA.

Just a thought...

Disneyworld Orlando - AKL, Disney Dream & Contemporary - October 2014 Disneyworld Orlando - Wilderness Lodge & RPR - August 2013
Disneyworld Orlando - RPR & CBR - August 2012 Florida Emerald Island Resort - October 2011
Disneyworld Orlando - OKW - October 2010 Disneyworld Orlando - POFQ - September 2009
Disneyworld Orlando - Pop Century - January 2008 Disneyland Paris - DisneyLand Hotel - Christmas 2006
Disneyland Paris - Sequioa Lodge - October 2005 Disneyland Paris - Sequioa Lodge - March 2004
zippy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:23 AM   #20
sparkles18
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkertaylor05 View Post
We'll be looking around 18th oct returning around 3rd nov, looking from Mcr ideally. They look pretty decent I'm sure I'd manage but am worried about my mum coping with the flight, offered to put her in premium if we end up va but she won't do it alone
If you go to the Thomson website and put in a search from Gatwick to Sanford for 18th Oct to 31st October a flight will come up for 19th Oct-2nd Nov 13. I booked it yesterday paying a £250 deposit pp, it's a fantastic price for half term on the new Dreamliner.
sparkles18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:47 AM   #21
mollies_mum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkles18 View Post
If you go to the Thomson website and put in a search from Gatwick to Sanford for 18th Oct to 31st October a flight will come up for 19th Oct-2nd Nov 13. I booked it yesterday paying a £250 deposit pp, it's a fantastic price for half term on the new Dreamliner.
Sorry to jump in on the thread, but how did you manage to book these with just a deposit? My dates are practically the same as yours but I havent got quite enough money for the full fare but would love to get the flights booked and I have enough for this deposit! Please tell me your secret
UK Spending Money Game Player #10
Total so far:£200 from Ebay selling
Total from tin: TBC
£35 from Quidco

September 2006 - All Stars, January 2008 - DLH, October 2011 - AKL, October 2013 Lindfields Villa, September 2014 - DLH, October 2015 - Lindfields Villa...
mollies_mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:19 AM   #22
sparkles18
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollies_mum View Post
Sorry to jump in on the thread, but how did you manage to book these with just a deposit? My dates are practically the same as yours but I havent got quite enough money for the full fare but would love to get the flights booked and I have enough for this deposit! Please tell me your secret
Hi
I used Thomson Direct on 0800 975 4475 and speak to Gavin. He is great- we even upgraded to Premium Club because the economy flight price of £2945 for 4 ads & 1 child was so good for half term.
The balance has to be paid 12 weeks before departure so we have plenty of time to save!
Old 05-16-2012, 07:37 AM   #23
sparkles18
Earning My Ears

Forget to mention that apparently Travel Republic take a deposit as well but haven't checked to see if it's correct.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:52 AM   #24
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Oooooh thanks for the heads up I am now extremely tempted

need to crunch the numbers first Gatwick - Sanford £2457 premium 2a 1c looks good to me, only problem is I'll have to add on costs for transfers from Sanford and travel to Gatwick from Mcr. Wish they flew on Saturdays from Mcr

DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
tinkertaylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:14 AM   #25
sparkles18
Earning My Ears

*********** Tours in Orlando are recommended on another forum if you're not using a car.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:16 AM   #26
sparkles18
Earning My Ears

Not sure why it blanked out the name of the company, but PM me if you need it.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #27
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

We have flown Thomson prem for our Disney wedding! We had 3 adults 3 kids flight over was amazing,Really comfy seats great seat bk tvs and drinks when ever you wanted them I actually like plane food and this was really good!

On the way bk i ended up in hospital the day before we flew (severe bug that the family had attacked my poorly working kidneys) We was all panicking about getting home Dh was going to stay and my mum was going to have to fly with 3 KIDS!! aged 3,3,5 The airling told her not to worry what so ever and that they would have sombody fly with her to help with the kids:
Well i begged the hospital to let me fly with aload of meds and they agreed aslong as i went straight to hospital from the flight,
The airline said as long as the hospital said it was Ok they would take me..........
At the airport the lounge was invaluable! I was able to sleep on a big comfy sofa whilst kids played games flight was delayed by a few hours so being at the lounge ment it wasnt a huge deal,Once on the plane the crew was AMAZING they allowed me to sleep on pillows on the floor at the bulk head when their was no turbulance etc (bet that was a real site) kept coming up to me asking if i needed anything always talking to the kids and giving them extra treats and giving me huge full 2 litre bottles of water to drink,when i t was time to land they gave me another 3 bottles to take with me so I wouldnt dehydrate from the sickness before getting our bags and home to hospital.

I really couldnt have asked for anything better on that flight,We have since flown Thomson economy and found them not even close to giving the service that Prem did both ways!

Me 28,DH 32,DS 10, DS"Twins"8
tinkerpea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:47 AM   #28
mollies_mum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi
I used Thomson Direct on 0800 975 4475 and speak to Gavin. He is great- we even upgraded to Premium Club because the economy flight price of £2945 for 4 ads & 1 child was so good for half term.
The balance has to be paid 12 weeks before departure so we have plenty of time to save!
Thanks for that, going to give them a ring, the new Dreamliner looks fantastic
UK Spending Money Game Player #10
Total so far:£200 from Ebay selling
Total from tin: TBC
£35 from Quidco

September 2006 - All Stars, January 2008 - DLH, October 2011 - AKL, October 2013 Lindfields Villa, September 2014 - DLH, October 2015 - Lindfields Villa...
mollies_mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:48 AM   #29
Tink78
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi
Ooh, I might call him too. We wanna go 12th Oct 2013-2nd Nov 2013 and the dreamliner looks amazing.

Do they offer transfers too do you know?
Or would we need to book that separately?

Old 05-17-2012, 08:07 AM   #30
sparkles18
Earning My Ears

Just ask Gavin, I know he can get Disney tickets.

A company called *********** do transfers.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: