Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #1981
sorahl1
Pressed Pennies are a delight!

[QUOTE=lovethattink;44877720]This is our last night at CSR. We have had another wonderful stay! I love corner rooms and we lucked out and got a corner room without requesting one. Also got our online check-in requests!
/QUOTE]

what's so special about a corner room, he asks in complete ignorance..
Old 05-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #1982
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorahl1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
This is our last night at CSR. We have had another wonderful stay! I love corner rooms and we lucked out and got a corner room without requesting one. Also got our online check-in requests!
I haven't ever gotten one, but I think they have two windows, so they are bright rooms.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2012, 06:51 AM   #1983
pooki1
Mouseketeer

We are here now! It is our third day and so far,wonderful. We are in 9A,which is great! Oh yes 9B someday you will be mine. The crowds are low to mod. The weather,cloudy but that actually is more comfortable to do the parks. Having a great time!
Old 05-15-2012, 07:07 AM   #1984
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
I haven't ever gotten one, but I think they have two windows, so they are bright rooms.
We had a corner room at POFQ in August. Two windows were nice to have, though the second window took the place of the mirror which was missed when getting ready in the morning. I have teens who like mirrors.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:43 AM   #1985
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=sorahl1;44883050]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
This is our last night at CSR. We have had another wonderful stay! I love corner rooms and we lucked out and got a corner room without requesting one. Also got our online check-in requests!
/QUOTE]

Two views, more light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooki1 View Post
We are here now! It is our third day and so far,wonderful. We are in 9A,which is great! Oh yes 9B someday you will be mine. The crowds are low to mod. The weather,cloudy but that actually is more comfortable to do the parks. Having a great time!
We were neighbors! We were in 9A as well, room 9127. Loved being just around the corner from the quiet pool. We swam every night which was great, basically had the pool to ourself. Only down side, is I'm all bit up. The mosquitos either liked the resort lotion or looking for the pool water. Got about 10 bites on my legs, and only got them at the Cabana quiet pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust34 View Post
We had a corner room at POFQ in August. Two windows were nice to have, though the second window took the place of the mirror which was missed when getting ready in the morning. I have teens who like mirrors.
At CSR there is still the mirror even with the extra window. It's just moved down further where the adjoining door would be if the room were adjoining.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:48 AM   #1986
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

[QUOTE=lovethattink;44889991]
Quote:

Two views, more light.

We were neighbors! We were in 9A as well, room 9127. Loved being just around the corner from the quiet pool. We swam every night which was great, basically had the pool to ourself. Only down side, is I'm all bit up. The mosquitos either liked the resort lotion or looking for the pool water. Got about 10 bites on my legs, and only got them at the Cabana quiet pool.

At CSR there is still the mirror even with the extra window. It's just moved down further where the adjoining door would be if the room were adjoining.
Good to know!! Our room was adjoining, so no mirror.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:52 AM   #1987
Jillianv29
Mouseketeer

First time staying

This is our first trip to Disney with the kids and our first stay at this resort. I have a few questions.

I am alittle worried about the size of the resort. I have heard that they have golf carts with CM to take to to the front desk, etc. but are they always driving around? What if we wanted to fill up our mugs at around 8? Will we have to wait a while or make the 15 min. walk?

Also- I just saw they are showing movies. How neat is that. Can anyone tell me what movies they have shown in the past?

Anything else you think I need to know or suggestions for staying here with a 5 and 3.5 year old?
Old 05-15-2012, 09:04 AM   #1988
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillianv29 View Post
This is our first trip to Disney with the kids and our first stay at this resort. I have a few questions.

I am alittle worried about the size of the resort. I have heard that they have golf carts with CM to take to to the front desk, etc. but are they always driving around? What if we wanted to fill up our mugs at around 8? Will we have to wait a while or make the 15 min. walk?

Also- I just saw they are showing movies. How neat is that. Can anyone tell me what movies they have shown in the past?

Anything else you think I need to know or suggestions for staying here with a 5 and 3.5 year old?
The golf carts are only used to transport convention guests and only for certain conventions.

You should plan on making the walk yourself. There are 3 places to refill mugs, Siestas at the Dig Site, Cafe Rix at El Centro, or the Pepper Market at El Centro. Siestas opens at 11am and closes at different times. It was opened when we went to the campfire, but closed when we went to see the movie on Friday night.

You probably will want to bring a stroller for the kiddos to get around the resort. Or you can use the resort buses to get around the resort, but that can be time consuming.

The golf carts drive pretty fast (too fast for my liking). I had to keep my son close by at all times while walking the pathways.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:36 AM   #1989
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Ooh! You got the exact same building I'm hoping for when I check in in three days. Cabanas 8A is my favorite building. The last few times I've waited and checked in in person, but a couple of days ago decided to go ahead and do online check in. Hope I have the same luck as you. I did call and make sure my request for 'first floor Cabanas with a preference for 8A' was noted on my reservation.:
Well my luck finally ran out! I always request 'first floor Cabanas with a preference for Cabanas 8A'. It's no secret I hate everything about the Ranchos (their location, their entire look, just the general feel, etc). However every trip I had thus far been able to avoid them. This time when we checked in May 5th, we had been placed on the second floor in Ranchos 6A and told there was not a room currently available anywhere in my beloved Cabanas. At least not until the next day.:banana : We spent one night in Ranchos 6A (the furtherest building from anything). Then went over the next morning and was assigned a perfect room in Cabanas 8B (the only Cabanas building I have never been in). I loved the new location. The first night we were in a second floor room in Ranchos 6A facing a courtyard area (right where the AED sign is on the map). Our new Cabanas room was on the very end of Cabanas 8B facing the walkway between Cabanas 8B and 9A. Our window looked straight out at the Cabanas laundry, so we were just steps from the Cabanas quiet pool. We loved it. For some reason I didn't even realize there were rooms on the very ends of those buildings. I've always been on either the lake side or the parking lot side (in other words the long side of the buildings, not on a short end).

We had a great trip (still don't care for the Ranchos though). I ate at the Pepper Market buffet my last day and also ate dinner there twice. It was very good each time. Housekeeping was fine and the resort was very quiet. No problems at all. I can now say I have stayed in all three sections and also in each of the Cabana buildings.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:39 AM   #1990
sorahl1
Pressed Pennies are a delight!

nice benefit

Now..we may have missed this at DL (ok, PORS) but the only place there I knew to get mugs refilled was the dining hall. Having multiple places at CSR is very nice, and makes getting a room closer the pool more valuable than closer to the dining hall..

John
Old 05-15-2012, 09:56 AM   #1991
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

I just did online checkin for our Memorial Day weekend stay - first time ever at Coronado Springs!

I requested Cabanas, but there was nowhere to put anything more specific.

We'd really like 8A - how do I go about letting the resort know this?

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Old 05-15-2012, 10:10 AM   #1992
michsig
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy&Grumpy View Post
I just did online checkin for our Memorial Day weekend stay - first time ever at Coronado Springs!

Can you call Disney reservations and ask them to include it on your reservation? Or the resort directly?

September 2014 - POR
January 2013 - CSR
July 2012 - CSR
June 2010 - CSR
July 1999 - Villas at Disney Institute
May 1991 - Offsite
Old 05-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #1993
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michsig View Post
Can you call Disney reservations and ask them to include it on your reservation? Or the resort directly?
Sorry, I should have been a bit more clear with my question!

For those more CSR-experienced - what is the best way to add a specific request to our reservation?

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Old 05-15-2012, 10:35 AM   #1994
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Well my luck finally ran out! I always request 'first floor Cabanas with a preference for Cabanas 8A'. It's no secret I hate everything about the Ranchos (their location, their entire look, just the general feel, etc). However every trip I had thus far been able to avoid them. This time when we checked in May 5th, we had been placed on the second floor in Ranchos 6A and told there was not a room currently available anywhere in my beloved Cabanas. At least not until the next day.:banana : We spent one night in Ranchos 6A (the furtherest building from anything). Then went over the next morning and was assigned a perfect room in Cabanas 8B (the only Cabanas building I have never been in). I loved the new location. The first night we were in a second floor room in Ranchos 6A facing a courtyard area (right where the AED sign is on the map). Our new Cabanas room was on the very end of Cabanas 8B facing the walkway between Cabanas 8B and 9A. Our window looked straight out at the Cabanas laundry, so we were just steps from the Cabanas quiet pool. We loved it. For some reason I didn't even realize there were rooms on the very ends of those buildings. I've always been on either the lake side or the parking lot side (in other words the long side of the buildings, not on a short end).

We had a great trip (still don't care for the Ranchos though). I ate at the Pepper Market buffet my last day and also ate dinner there twice. It was very good each time. Housekeeping was fine and the resort was very quiet. No problems at all. I can now say I have stayed in all three sections and also in each of the Cabana buildings.
Welcome to the All Villages Club!! (I just made that up, don't think there is such a club, but there should be!) 6 is the only Ranchos I wouldn't want, but that's nice you got courtyard instead of parking lot.

Sounds like your Cabana room was a great location!! Out of all the quiet pools, I think I like the Cabana's the best now!

Quote:
Now..we may have missed this at DL (ok, PORS) but the only place there I knew to get mugs refilled was the dining hall. Having multiple places at CSR is very nice, and makes getting a room closer the pool more valuable than closer to the dining hall..

John
The pool area is not a self serve refill station, neither is the PM. Only Cafe Rix is self serve. At Siestas just go to the food area and they'll refill it for you. Sometimes there can be a long line, other times there's no line. Just be aware of the shorter hours at Siestas, can't get coffee in the morning there since it doesn't open til 11am and it closes early in the evening.

Quote:

You'll need to call Disney reservations and have it noted in the special comments. If you call the resort, you just get an switchboard operator for all the resorts. They can't connect you to the front desk til 3 days prior to your stay.

One thing I ran into on one stay was that I was advised to do online check in again AFTER they did their notation. You may want to ask about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michsig View Post
Yes Disney reservations is who needs to be called. Answered above.

Quote:
Sorry, I should have been a bit more clear with my question!

For those more CSR-experienced - what is the best way to add a specific request to our reservation?
answered above. Have a great stay!! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!!
Old 05-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #1995
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

first time at CSR

I just changed my Dec trip from POP to Coronado Springs!!! Have never stayed here before and really know nothing about it. Decided we wanted a mod and it seemed like the prettiest one. I also like the wood separation instead of a curtain and the breakfast buffet. Do they still have the breakfast buffet?? I am only on page 5 so I will go back and read before I ask all my questions. Just had to post since I just got off the phone with Disney!!!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-AKV Kidani

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: