Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #196
gerberdaisy1234
DIS Veteran
 
gerberdaisy1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,063

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2jarod View Post
I watched a youtube video on paracord braclets...my first 2 were bad but I finally figured it out on the third one....the good thing is you can undo it and start again so there is no waste.
1. cut 16"-18" piece and burn the 2 ends together(that the center cord)
2. cut a 36" piece or (2) 18" if you want a 2 color....and watch the many video to show u how to do a cobra braid.

I got the idea from my son who got a paracord braclet from boy scouts also.
Do you remember which video was best and would you mind posting a link? Thanks
gerberdaisy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #197
DisneyMouseHouse


Help! I am a DIS Addict!
 
DisneyMouseHouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 527

Quote:
Originally Posted by taximom00 View Post
Those are great! And yes, I agree, the fun of making them!
In a past life, I was creative and had time for projects....current life, not so much! However, I've been excited creating our FEs and while they aren't quite as amazing as all I've seen on this board, I think they are nice and I've had fun making them. I think that is the spirit of the FE, isn't it?!
Yes, that is the EXACT spirit of FE - Rule #1 - HAVE FUN!

Glad to see someone else thinks so............
__________________
"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching."
"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
“Always do good – this will gratify some people and astonish the rest.”
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."


Our Travels
DisneyMouseHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #198
DisneyMouseHouse


Help! I am a DIS Addict!
 
DisneyMouseHouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 527

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeans1010 View Post
Y'all are so creative. I wasn't thinking of doing anything then I looked at this thread. Would it be dumb if I made deck of card sized first aide kits? I'm graduating nursing school and figure that would be really practical (people on a ship with kids, clumsy people, drunk people, etc). Fit it with a couple Mickey bandaides, alcohol wipes, maybe some gauze? For scrapes really...
That would be a very useful and thoughtful FE - I am sure plenty of us would appreciate it very much (I know I would!)

May I also say congrats on Nursing School - that's quite an accomplishment!:ba nana:
__________________
"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching."
"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
“Always do good – this will gratify some people and astonish the rest.”
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."


Our Travels
DisneyMouseHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #199
pequele
Some people think they are cool because they can hide behind a screen! Don't choke on it!
 
pequele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_2011 View Post
just open a facebook page to share picture and idea for fish extender
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/167311023398247/
I requested an add! I'm going on my 1st DCL in May 2013 and would LOVE to do FE but had no idea about this door thing to hang! I even started my cruise thread last night. May 9, 2013 Dream 3 night Bahamian!
__________________


_______________________________________________
DL: '77,'88,'89,'90,'98, 2/12-WDW:CBR-pirate room, 12/12: AKV-Kidani , 5/13 AKV-Jambo and Kidani split with a DCL 3 night Bahamian Cruise on the Dream, 10/13 AKV-Kidani, 5/14 Alaskan 9 Night Cruise on the Wonder 10/14 B2B 4 nighters on the Dream including a double dip at Castaway Cay 7/15 Baltic 12 Nighter including Germany
pequele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:30 AM   #200
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran
 
kdeans1010's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Anacortes, WA
Posts: 618

Okay so I am glad I am not crazy. I just was thinking everyone had these ideas and when it comes to gift giving I am practical to a fault. And I have those Johnson and Johnson $0.99 first aide kits EVERYWHERE (I keep one in my car, one in my decon/emergency team bag, when I went on field trips teaching I carried one) because they're perfect sized and the case is hard and you can smack it around your purse and it survives.

I was going to get those kits, add those black and white Mickey bandaides (those are so fun. I get them for myself and I feel like they're classic, but silly. And if I keep them in my house they're not boring, but not gender specific.), a couple sample packets of Aleve, and then something else. Then pre-cruise ship them in a box to my room.

Glad I am not crazy.
kdeans1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:46 AM   #201
DisneyMouseHouse


Help! I am a DIS Addict!
 
DisneyMouseHouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 527

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeans1010 View Post
Okay so I am glad I am not crazy. I just was thinking everyone had these ideas and when it comes to gift giving I am practical to a fault. And I have those Johnson and Johnson $0.99 first aide kits EVERYWHERE (I keep one in my car, one in my decon/emergency team bag, when I went on field trips teaching I carried one) because they're perfect sized and the case is hard and you can smack it around your purse and it survives.

I was going to get those kits, add those black and white Mickey bandaides (those are so fun. I get them for myself and I feel like they're classic, but silly. And if I keep them in my house they're not boring, but not gender specific.), a couple sample packets of Aleve, and then something else. Then pre-cruise ship them in a box to my room.

Glad I am not crazy.
Well, won't testify to the "not crazy" part - just kidding, and sorry, could not resist a little teasing.....

You want to check with DCL about what they'll accept as shipment. The Aleve might be an issue, so if you call them they can tell you if you would be able to send those with the Aleve already in them. If not, you could carry on the Aleve and send the rest and quickly put them in the boxes before delivery.
__________________
"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching."
"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
“Always do good – this will gratify some people and astonish the rest.”
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."


Our Travels
DisneyMouseHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #202
srauchbauer
DIS Veteran
 
srauchbauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 1,306

bumping up because this thread is GREAT
__________________
[/url]
Disneyland 2006, 2009, 2010,2012
Disney World 2011 2x, 2012, 2013
Disney Cruise 2012 (Wonder, Fantasy), 2013 (Wonder)
srauchbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:03 AM   #203
Tikifamily
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: an island off Texas
Posts: 27

I too am making first aid kits as one of my fe. After Easter I found large princess and cars "eggs". I plan to package in these becase they could live in a bag without getting smashed.

Thanks for the hand warmer idea. I can fit a couple of those in as well.
__________________
Tiki Family

WDW 4th of July 1988 - family of the day
WDW Thanksgiving 2010- DD first time
Wonder Alaska 4th of July 2012- First Disney Cruise
Tikifamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:28 AM   #204
heidibilotti
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 278

All the ideas just keep getting better and better as I get more excited about our April 2013 cruise. I am already stocking up on great fish extended items and looks like I will probably ship it all into port as I think I might go a bit overboard with my fe. Thanks everyone for all the wonderful ideas you have shared.
__________________
Heidi
heidibilotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:20 PM   #205
LoriABil
DIS Veteran
 
LoriABil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,284

Hi all! Always love the awesome ideas! I am hit or miss with the previous home-made thread, so I'm not sure if this has been done. I am sailing on the June 9th Fantasy Western Caribbean sailing, so if you are in my group, don't peek! Okay, peek if you want

These are what I made.

Highlight to read the description!

They are towel clips, for the back of your deck or beach chair. They are large clips (about 5 inches long) and each family will get a pair. I wish I could have done 4 for each family, but there were about 30 rooms, and I am also doing necklaces for the women like on my last cruise.

So question: (without giving too much away)...matching or mix and match? I like matching myself, and I did one color up and one down so they looked fun. Then I thought people could say, oh, we are the orange ones. I am also including a card that explains what they are, and that they shouldn't be used to hog deck chairs, or I'm taking them back!
__________________
LoriABil
I'm a Texas, girl; trust me*

*Meaning, take everything I say with a grain of salt and a lot of tequila


1981 ~ Offsite; 2008 ~ CBR; 2009 ~ BC; 2010 ~ BC; 2011 ~ BC; 2012 ~ CBR

2011 ~ Disney Dream - Bahamas; 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy - W. Caribbean ; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy - E. Caribbean 2013 ~ Carnival - Exotic W. Caribbean
LoriABil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #206
Cruise
Wake up, your month is up!;)
 
Cruise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: VA
Posts: 3,209

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriABil View Post

So question: (without giving too much away)...matching or mix and match? I like matching myself, and I did one color up and one down so they looked fun. Then I thought people could say, oh, we are the orange ones. I am also including a card that explains what they are, and that they shouldn't be used to hog deck chairs, or I'm taking them back!
Oh my gosh... too cute!!

I vote for matching.
__________________
Julie



Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:44 AM   #207
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran
 
morgansmom2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Perpetual State of Confusion
Posts: 12,972

Those are adorable, Lori! I vote for matchy too!
__________________
(DH) (Me) (DD)
morgansmom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:10 AM   #208
hardingk
DVC Member since 2007 AKV & BLT
 
hardingk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 1,417

Super cute! Where did you get the clips from?
__________________
WDW:7/13 AKVK, 6/3 BWV, 12/12 AKVK, 11/12 BLT, 9/12 AKVJ, 2/12 AKVJ, 12/11 SSR, 11/11 AKV, 10/11 BLT & VWL, 9/11 AKVJ, 3/11 VBR & AKVK, 8/10 AKVK, 7/10 POFQ, 5/10 AKVK, 1/10 AKVJ, 12/09 OKW, 11/09 AKVK, 9/09 BLT, 8/09 POP, 5/09 AKVK, 1/09 AKVJ, 12/08 AKVJ, 11/08 OKW, 04/08 SSR, 9/07 WL, 8/07 CBR, 7/07 SSR & POP, 05/07 POR, 4/07 CSR, 5/05 CSR, 1/03 AS Sports, 7/90 CR, 7/86 POLY, 7/83 CR, 7/79. DLR: 7/11 PPH & VGC, 7/09 GCH, 3/07 DCL: 9/11 Dream, 8/12 Magic, 9/12 Fantasy, 2/13 B2B Wonder, 12/13 Dream
Cast: Me , DH , DD
hardingk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #209
pjstevens
Had our DFTW Vow Renewal on the Wonder for our 25th!
Now the proud grandparents of Isabella Grace
 
pjstevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Delaware
Posts: 3,732

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriABil View Post
Hi all! Always love the awesome ideas! I am hit or miss with the previous home-made thread, so I'm not sure if this has been done. I am sailing on the June 9th Fantasy Western Caribbean sailing, so if you are in my group, don't peek! Okay, peek if you want

These are what I made.

Highlight to read the description!

They are towel clips, for the back of your deck or beach chair. They are large clips (about 5 inches long) and each family will get a pair. I wish I could have done 4 for each family, but there were about 30 rooms, and I am also doing necklaces for the women like on my last cruise.

So question: (without giving too much away)...matching or mix and match? I like matching myself, and I did one color up and one down so they looked fun. Then I thought people could say, oh, we are the orange ones. I am also including a card that explains what they are, and that they shouldn't be used to hog deck chairs, or I'm taking them back!
these are adorable! Where did you get the little flip flops?
__________________
In Him, Patricia September 1, 2011 Disney Dream Canadian Magic ~ June 10th, 2012
Our Disney Dream Weavers Cruise 9/1/11
Our NO KIDS Disney Trip! - finally finished 9/11 Welcome to Disney Alaska (Marathon Weekend 2010)
Our First Trip HOME (May 09) DFTW VR (Sept 08) Christmas 2007 August 2007
Off-site 1992; off-site 1999 (w/o the kids) off-site 2000; All Star Movies 2005; Pop 2006; Pop Aug-2007; All Star Music suites Dec 2007; DFTW – DCL – Pop 2008; Pop – Jan 2009; AKV – May 2009; Grand Californian Aug 2009; BWV – Jan 2009; AKV Dec 2010; AKV – Jan 11; Disney Dream/AKV Sep 11; Dec 11 AKV; Magic-Canada June 2012; Fantasy December 2012; SSR August 2013
pjstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #210
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran
 
kdeans1010's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Anacortes, WA
Posts: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikifamily View Post
I too am making first aid kits as one of my fe. After Easter I found large princess and cars "eggs". I plan to package in these becase they could live in a bag without getting smashed.

Thanks for the hand warmer idea. I can fit a couple of those in as well.
See you're going all homemade. I was going to do one of those premade kits (I keep the dollar ones you can get at Target everywhere. They're so practical, they have a hard case so you can't break it really, and they're the perfect size. Like seriously I am under the impression that if I do more than a cut or scrape I'm going to the ER. So I don't need the whole giant kit) and add to it.

But then I saw something from Martha Stewart that I adore... I don't know practical is best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMouseHouse View Post
Well, won't testify to the "not crazy" part - just kidding, and sorry, could not resist a little teasing.....

I've know that since I was 7 years old... I was always the kid that was kinda' nutty.
kdeans1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: