Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #196
gerberdaisy1234
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2jarod View Post
I watched a youtube video on paracord braclets...my first 2 were bad but I finally figured it out on the third one....the good thing is you can undo it and start again so there is no waste.
1. cut 16"-18" piece and burn the 2 ends together(that the center cord)
2. cut a 36" piece or (2) 18" if you want a 2 color....and watch the many video to show u how to do a cobra braid.

I got the idea from my son who got a paracord braclet from boy scouts also.
Do you remember which video was best and would you mind posting a link? Thanks
gerberdaisy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #197
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taximom00 View Post
Those are great! And yes, I agree, the fun of making them!
In a past life, I was creative and had time for projects....current life, not so much! However, I've been excited creating our FEs and while they aren't quite as amazing as all I've seen on this board, I think they are nice and I've had fun making them. I think that is the spirit of the FE, isn't it?!
Yes, that is the EXACT spirit of FE - Rule #1 - HAVE FUN!

Glad to see someone else thinks so............
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
DisneyMouseHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #198
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeans1010 View Post
Y'all are so creative. I wasn't thinking of doing anything then I looked at this thread. Would it be dumb if I made deck of card sized first aide kits? I'm graduating nursing school and figure that would be really practical (people on a ship with kids, clumsy people, drunk people, etc). Fit it with a couple Mickey bandaides, alcohol wipes, maybe some gauze? For scrapes really...
That would be a very useful and thoughtful FE - I am sure plenty of us would appreciate it very much (I know I would!)

May I also say congrats on Nursing School - that's quite an accomplishment!:ba nana:

Our Travels
Old 05-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #199
pequele
Some people think they are cool because they can hide behind a screen! Don't choke on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_2011 View Post
just open a facebook page to share picture and idea for fish extender
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/167311023398247/
I requested an add! I'm going on my 1st DCL in May 2013 and would LOVE to do FE but had no idea about this door thing to hang! I even started my cruise thread last night. May 9, 2013 Dream 3 night Bahamian!

DL: '77,'88,'89,'90,'98, 2/12-WDW:CBR-pirate room, 12/12: AKV-Kidani , 5/13 AKV-Jambo and Kidani split with a DCL 3 night Bahamian Cruise on the Dream, 10/13 AKV-Kidani, 5/14 Alaskan 9 Night Cruise on the Wonder 10/14 B2B 4 nighters on the Dream including a double dip at Castaway Cay 7/15 Baltic 12 Nighter including Germany
pequele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:30 AM   #200
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

Okay so I am glad I am not crazy. I just was thinking everyone had these ideas and when it comes to gift giving I am practical to a fault. And I have those Johnson and Johnson $0.99 first aide kits EVERYWHERE (I keep one in my car, one in my decon/emergency team bag, when I went on field trips teaching I carried one) because they're perfect sized and the case is hard and you can smack it around your purse and it survives.

I was going to get those kits, add those black and white Mickey bandaides (those are so fun. I get them for myself and I feel like they're classic, but silly. And if I keep them in my house they're not boring, but not gender specific.), a couple sample packets of Aleve, and then something else. Then pre-cruise ship them in a box to my room.

Glad I am not crazy.
kdeans1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:46 AM   #201
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeans1010 View Post
Okay so I am glad I am not crazy. I just was thinking everyone had these ideas and when it comes to gift giving I am practical to a fault. And I have those Johnson and Johnson $0.99 first aide kits EVERYWHERE (I keep one in my car, one in my decon/emergency team bag, when I went on field trips teaching I carried one) because they're perfect sized and the case is hard and you can smack it around your purse and it survives.

I was going to get those kits, add those black and white Mickey bandaides (those are so fun. I get them for myself and I feel like they're classic, but silly. And if I keep them in my house they're not boring, but not gender specific.), a couple sample packets of Aleve, and then something else. Then pre-cruise ship them in a box to my room.

Glad I am not crazy.
Well, won't testify to the "not crazy" part - just kidding, and sorry, could not resist a little teasing.....

You want to check with DCL about what they'll accept as shipment. The Aleve might be an issue, so if you call them they can tell you if you would be able to send those with the Aleve already in them. If not, you could carry on the Aleve and send the rest and quickly put them in the boxes before delivery.

Our Travels
Old 05-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #202
srauchbauer
DIS Veteran

bumping up because this thread is GREAT
Disney Cruise 2012 (Wonder, Fantasy), 2013 (Wonder)
srauchbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:03 AM   #203
Tikifamily
Earning My Ears

I too am making first aid kits as one of my fe. After Easter I found large princess and cars "eggs". I plan to package in these becase they could live in a bag without getting smashed.

Thanks for the hand warmer idea. I can fit a couple of those in as well.

WDW 4th of July 1988 - family of the day
WDW Thanksgiving 2010- DD first time
Wonder Alaska 4th of July 2012- First Disney Cruise
Tikifamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:28 AM   #204
heidibilotti
Mouseketeer

All the ideas just keep getting better and better as I get more excited about our April 2013 cruise. I am already stocking up on great fish extended items and looks like I will probably ship it all into port as I think I might go a bit overboard with my fe. Thanks everyone for all the wonderful ideas you have shared.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:20 PM   #205
LoriABil
DIS Veteran

Hi all! Always love the awesome ideas! I am hit or miss with the previous home-made thread, so I'm not sure if this has been done. I am sailing on the June 9th Fantasy Western Caribbean sailing, so if you are in my group, don't peek! Okay, peek if you want

These are what I made.

Highlight to read the description!

They are towel clips, for the back of your deck or beach chair. They are large clips (about 5 inches long) and each family will get a pair. I wish I could have done 4 for each family, but there were about 30 rooms, and I am also doing necklaces for the women like on my last cruise.

So question: (without giving too much away)...matching or mix and match? I like matching myself, and I did one color up and one down so they looked fun. Then I thought people could say, oh, we are the orange ones. I am also including a card that explains what they are, and that they shouldn't be used to hog deck chairs, or I'm taking them back!

*Meaning, take everything I say with a grain of salt and a lot of tequila

1981 ~ Offsite; 2008 ~ CBR; 2009 ~ BC; 2010 ~ BC; 2011 ~ BC; 2012 ~ CBR

2011 ~ Disney Dream - Bahamas; 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy - W. Caribbean ; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy - E. Caribbean 2013 ~ Carnival - Exotic W. Caribbean
LoriABil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #206
Cruise
Wake up, your month is up!;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriABil View Post

So question: (without giving too much away)...matching or mix and match? I like matching myself, and I did one color up and one down so they looked fun. Then I thought people could say, oh, we are the orange ones. I am also including a card that explains what they are, and that they shouldn't be used to hog deck chairs, or I'm taking them back!
Oh my gosh... too cute!!

I vote for matching.

Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:44 AM   #207
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

Those are adorable, Lori! I vote for matchy too!
Old 05-15-2012, 07:10 AM   #208
hardingk
DVC Member since 2007 AKV & BLT

Super cute! Where did you get the clips from?
WDW:7/13 AKVK, 6/3 BWV, 12/12 AKVK, 11/12 BLT, 9/12 AKVJ, 2/12 AKVJ, 12/11 SSR, 11/11 AKV, 10/11 BLT & VWL, 9/11 AKVJ, 3/11 VBR & AKVK, 8/10 AKVK, 7/10 POFQ, 5/10 AKVK, 1/10 AKVJ, 12/09 OKW, 11/09 AKVK, 9/09 BLT, 8/09 POP, 5/09 AKVK, 1/09 AKVJ, 12/08 AKVJ, 11/08 OKW, 04/08 SSR, 9/07 WL, 8/07 CBR, 7/07 SSR & POP, 05/07 POR, 4/07 CSR, 5/05 CSR, 1/03 AS Sports, 7/90 CR, 7/86 POLY, 7/83 CR, 7/79. DLR: 7/11 PPH & VGC, 7/09 GCH, 3/07 DCL: 9/11 Dream, 8/12 Magic, 9/12 Fantasy, 2/13 B2B Wonder, 12/13 Dream
Cast: Me , DH , DD
hardingk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #209
pjstevens
Had our DFTW Vow Renewal on the Wonder for our 25th!
Now the proud grandparents of Isabella Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriABil View Post
Hi all! Always love the awesome ideas! I am hit or miss with the previous home-made thread, so I'm not sure if this has been done. I am sailing on the June 9th Fantasy Western Caribbean sailing, so if you are in my group, don't peek! Okay, peek if you want

These are what I made.

Highlight to read the description!

They are towel clips, for the back of your deck or beach chair. They are large clips (about 5 inches long) and each family will get a pair. I wish I could have done 4 for each family, but there were about 30 rooms, and I am also doing necklaces for the women like on my last cruise.

these are adorable! Where did you get the little flip flops?
Our First Trip HOME (May 09) DFTW VR (Sept 08) Christmas 2007 August 2007
Off-site 1992; off-site 1999 (w/o the kids) off-site 2000; All Star Movies 2005; Pop 2006; Pop Aug-2007; All Star Music suites Dec 2007; DFTW – DCL – Pop 2008; Pop – Jan 2009; AKV – May 2009; Grand Californian Aug 2009; BWV – Jan 2009; AKV Dec 2010; AKV – Jan 11; Disney Dream/AKV Sep 11; Dec 11 AKV; Magic-Canada June 2012; Fantasy December 2012; SSR August 2013
pjstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #210
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikifamily View Post
I too am making first aid kits as one of my fe. After Easter I found large princess and cars "eggs". I plan to package in these becase they could live in a bag without getting smashed.

Thanks for the hand warmer idea. I can fit a couple of those in as well.
See you're going all homemade. I was going to do one of those premade kits (I keep the dollar ones you can get at Target everywhere. They're so practical, they have a hard case so you can't break it really, and they're the perfect size. Like seriously I am under the impression that if I do more than a cut or scrape I'm going to the ER. So I don't need the whole giant kit) and add to it.

But then I saw something from Martha Stewart that I adore... I don't know practical is best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMouseHouse View Post
Well, won't testify to the "not crazy" part - just kidding, and sorry, could not resist a little teasing.....

I've know that since I was 7 years old... I was always the kid that was kinda' nutty.
kdeans1010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: