Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2012, 07:46 PM   #31
TammyAlphabet
DIS Veteran
Life Member - "exclusive tag fairy club"
Enjoys sour grapes

ABD vs. Tauck was the original subject. Since I have done the Tauck tour and not the ABD, I can say that if I had it to do over I would have chosen Disney. Our tour guide was rather depressed all the time and I nearly missed the first tour of London because I was sent the wrong time. Her response was oh that is weird.

ABD is probably better at communications and more happy upbeat tour guides. Our tour was fine but nothing spectacular.
TammyAlphabet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #32
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by misstammy824 View Post
I'm not sure if shorts are acceptable or not, but you might find it too chilly for them. When I visited the Louvre last July, I wore capri pants, but for the five days we were in the Paris/Disneyland area, we wore mostly jeans and sweatshirts because it was rainy and cold during our stay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordsearch View Post
Jumping in slightly but I live in London - wear whatever you want to the museums! Aside from the obvious like turning up naked there's no such restrictions, I've worn shorts there quite frequently and never even really considered it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyAlphabet View Post
ABD vs. Tauck was the original subject. Since I have done the Tauck tour and not the ABD, I can say that if I had it to do over I would have chosen Disney. Our tour guide was rather depressed all the time and I nearly missed the first tour of London because I was sent the wrong time. Her response was oh that is weird.

ABD is probably better at communications and more happy upbeat tour guides. Our tour was fine but nothing spectacular.
Thank you, everyone! I have never been so "unprepared" for a trip like I am for this one! It's terrible! As a Type A - VERY ORGANIZED person, I don't know what's the matter with me. It's out of my comfort zone I guess. I did buy Frommer's guides for London & Paris and put them in DD's Easter basket, but she's busy with college finals, so we haven't spent much time looking at them yet. I guess I'll have time on that LONG FLIGHT.

Just starting to think of clothing and shoes. (and suitcases) ::sigh:: I must get my self in gear here! I think we need to go shopping next week.

I guess it's a good thing DISNEY will be planning most of my moves!

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #33
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post
Thank you, everyone! I have never been so "unprepared" for a trip like I am for this one! It's terrible! As a Type A - VERY ORGANIZED person, I don't know what's the matter with me. It's out of my comfort zone I guess. I did buy Frommer's guides for London & Paris and put them in DD's Easter basket, but she's busy with college finals, so we haven't spent much time looking at them yet. I guess I'll have time on that LONG FLIGHT.

Just starting to think of clothing and shoes. (and suitcases) ::sigh:: I must get my self in gear here! I think we need to go shopping next week.

I guess it's a good thing DISNEY will be planning most of my moves!
I'm having the opposite problem (but with the same effect!) I'm so used to letting ABD make all the plans & decisions for me, that I'm having a really hard time getting myself in gear to plan my trip to Hawaii next month. I have no idea what clothing I'm going to take, I've only signed up for a couple of activities, etc. Must. Start. Planning!

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #34
TammyAlphabet
DIS Veteran
Life Member - "exclusive tag fairy club"
Enjoys sour grapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
I'm having the opposite problem (but with the same effect!) I'm so used to letting ABD make all the plans & decisions for me, that I'm having a really hard time getting myself in gear to plan my trip to Hawaii next month. I have no idea what clothing I'm going to take, I've only signed up for a couple of activities, etc. Must. Start. Planning!

Sayhello
I can recommend a tour company. Robert's Hawaii. They got me back on my ship on my Hawaiian cruise when the electricity in all of Oahu went out, including Traffic lights!
TammyAlphabet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:30 PM   #35
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyAlphabet View Post
I can recommend a tour company. Robert's Hawaii. They got me back on my ship on my Hawaiian cruise when the electricity in all of Oahu went out, including Traffic lights!
TammyAlphabet, somehow I missed this! Thanks! Do you know if Robert's Hawaii is only on Oahu, or on all the islands? I'm going to be on Maui.

That sounds like one resourceful company!

Thanks again

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:36 PM   #36
pamama
Earning My Ears

Abd

Thank you for all this information!
We have teenage boys that like to see a lot in a day - can anyone tell me if these trips move along quickly or if they are more leisurely in nature?
Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: