Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2012, 11:49 AM   #151
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

Fantastic TR. I wish my husband would put in for Eglin loved the brief weekend we had there a few years back. You are correct, absolutely beautiful beaches.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:26 PM   #152
Quicklabs
DIS Veteran

Just joined your party

FIrst a big shout out to a fellow AF family! I'm retired, 24 years in , then civil service. Never stationed in AZ, but lots of my friends enjoyed it.
Your family is beautiful. Your "resistor" has proven to be one big ole' Mr. Softee.
You are a talented craftswoman, I see. Love the FE.
We are going on the Dream in January, so it's fun reading about your cruise in advance.
Thanks for sharing.

I've eaten at 66 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (27%)
Quicklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2012, 06:12 AM   #153
Skyw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toria View Post
:. Well there went that, I had no choice but to enjoy the look on their faces at that moment.
LOL. We almost had this happen yesterday!!!! We went to get the passports and they lady asked where he was going on vacation. And I quickly said "to visit his sister". Phew....close one.
DCL-Dream-2012, Wonder 2007
Fort Wilderness Cabins-2004,2007,2007,2009,2010,2011
WL-2014
Skyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:20 AM   #154
Toria
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumb4disney View Post
Great job on the TR Toria, can't wait to read the trip report from the July cruise. See you at work Monday!
Thanks! Having a blast at Disney right now.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:22 AM   #155
Toria
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
Fantastic TR. I wish my husband would put in for Eglin loved the brief weekend we had there a few years back. You are correct, absolutely beautiful beaches.
Thank you for joining in.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:26 AM   #156
Toria
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicklabs View Post
FIrst a big shout out to a fellow AF family! I'm retired, 24 years in , then civil service. Never stationed in AZ, but lots of my friends enjoyed it.
Your family is beautiful. Your "resistor" has proven to be one big ole' Mr. Softee.
You are a talented craftswoman, I see. Love the FE.
We are going on the Dream in January, so it's fun reading about your cruise in advance.
Thanks for sharing.
If we had to go back out West, Tucson would be our only choice. Thanks about the FE. I surprise myself sometimes. Have a great time on your cruise.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:27 AM   #157
Toria
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyw View Post
LOL. We almost had this happen yesterday!!!! We went to get the passports and they lady asked where he was going on vacation. And I quickly said "to visit his sister". Phew....close one.
Great recover!
Old 05-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #158
Huey duck
Earning My Ears

love your post

Toria
Keep your eyes peeled for FL resident discounts, I have seen them a few times but I am not a cruise expert. Our first one will be in December, a 4 night on the Dream. I can relate so much to your story because I am a military brat and gulf coast mom of two as well. I also work in the health care industry I loved the story about the birth of your children. Can't wait to read more. Kids are in bed and I opted to read this tonight instead of a movie....gotta go get some popcorn.
Huey duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:33 AM   #159
Cheryl726
DIS Veteran

Enjoyed your TR! Looks like you had a great first cruise, and yeah for two more!
Old 05-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #160
Toria
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey duck View Post
Toria
Keep your eyes peeled for FL resident discounts, I have seen them a few times but I am not a cruise expert. Our first one will be in December, a 4 night on the Dream. I can relate so much to your story because I am a military brat and gulf coast mom of two as well. I also work in the health care industry I loved the story about the birth of your children. Can't wait to read more. Kids are in bed and I opted to read this tonight instead of a movie....gotta go get some popcorn.
I absolutely will keep my eyes open for those discounts. We are at Disney World as I am typing this. We used the Florida resident discount. I actually loved doing one park a day versus hopping.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #161
Toria
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl726 View Post
Enjoyed your TR! Looks like you had a great first cruise, and yeah for two more!
Thanks for reading! I am happy to say that cruising may be the only Disney in our future for awhile. DH announced last night that he is done with the parks. He wants to relax, so cruising only in the future. That works for me.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #162
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Thanks for reading! I am happy to say that cruising may be the only Disney in our future for awhile. DH announced last night that he is done with the parks. He wants to relax, so cruising only in the future. That works for me.
Oh my! Is it very busy there now?

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #163
Toria
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Oh my! Is it very busy there now?
Actually, it was wonderful! Every ride was just about walk on. We went to MK on Thursday, only wait was for Peter Pan. Hollywood Studios on Friday, Toy Story was 80 minute wait. We ended up doing a fast pass. Saturday was Animal Kingdom, Kali River Rapids was 30 minute wait. Other than that 5 to 10 minute wait. I would definitely go again this time of year. Weather was perfect as well.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #164
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Actually, it was wonderful! Every ride was just about walk on. We went to MK on Thursday, only wait was for Peter Pan. Hollywood Studios on Friday, Toy Story was 80 minute wait. We ended up doing a fast pass. Saturday was Animal Kingdom, Kali River Rapids was 30 minute wait. Other than that 5 to 10 minute wait. I would definitely go again this time of year. Weather was perfect as well.
That sounds wonderful! Why is he done with the parks? I was thinking it must be so busy if he made that declaration.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:12 PM   #165
Toria
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
That sounds wonderful! Why is he done with the parks? I was thinking it must be so busy if he made that declaration.
The rides are that exciting to him anymore. If he does another park it would be Busch Gardens or Six Flags. He likes monster roller coasters(which personally gives me a headache). The love bugs were horrible too! My darling DD asked why were they stuck together. I told her that one was tired of flying so it was hitching a ride

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: