Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #1
wfjny
Mouseketeer

Anyone with recent first hand knowledge of fastpass and photopass+

So, curious if anyone has some first hand knowledge about the recent fastpass crackdown, and the new photopass+

Both items/issues are obviously very new.

From the fastpass point of view, I am just curious what else may have changed. I assume you still have an hour window. Now that they are cracking down on the return time, does anyone know how strict are they being? Just curious if you show up one, five, ten, or fifteen minutes late.

I am not attempting to start up a new debate on the pros & cons of fastpass. Just wondering what is and is not allowed anymore.

From the photopass+, from what limited information I can find, it appears that while all the standard photopass items still apply, if you want to get a picture from an attraction or from a meal, you must have the single special photopass+ card with you.

I ask because there will be 9 of us (2 families) going second week of June. As usual, the teenagers can go on their own, and often come back with some “interesting” photos on their pass. However, it sounds like here is only one card that will work at the attractions. Does anyone know if that is correct (which would mean when we split up, only one group can get attraction photos).

Or, as I understand it, you can get a slip of paper with your photo number. Any idea how good they are for? Here is the scenario I am thinking. The teenagers go do tomorrowland, while the kids and grown-ups go do adventureland. We meet up at noon, and the teenagers hand me their photo slips from Buzz and Space Mountain. Can I now walk over (two or three hours later) and have those pictures added to my photopass+?

Does anyone know if you can get (for free or for a fee) a seconfs fastpass+ card?

Please forgive me if these questions were already asked and answered, but if they were, I missed it.

Thanks
wfjny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
NYdisLvR
Earning My Ears

i just got back a few days ago. when i arrived at orlando int airport their were numerous cm's asking people to try the new fastpass system. I did it, they ask which park you'd like to use, and choose 4 out of 8 attractions. they take your e-mail and send you the times to go to the rides, along with a yellow fastpass almost like a credit card. i liked it, and will def use it again if given the chance.
NYdisLvR is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
Raenstoirm
BL6 Team Challenge Tracker
Lets go get me your numbers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfjny View Post

From the photopass+, from what limited information I can find, it appears that while all the standard photopass items still apply, if you want to get a picture from an attraction or from a meal, you must have the single special photopass+ card with you.

I ask because there will be 9 of us (2 families) going second week of June. As usual, the teenagers can go on their own, and often come back with some “interesting” photos on their pass. However, it sounds like here is only one card that will work at the attractions. Does anyone know if that is correct (which would mean when we split up, only one group can get attraction photos).

Or, as I understand it, you can get a slip of paper with your photo number. Any idea how good they are for? Here is the scenario I am thinking. The teenagers go do tomorrowland, while the kids and grown-ups go do adventureland. We meet up at noon, and the teenagers hand me their photo slips from Buzz and Space Mountain. Can I now walk over (two or three hours later) and have those pictures added to my photopass+?

Does anyone know if you can get (for free or for a fee) a seconfs fastpass+ card?
Yes there is only 1 plus card so only 1 person can get ride and meal photos. If you want a second i t will cost an additioanlt $200! You can write the numbes down for rides though. I am told the codes last 24 hours.

Trying to stay at every resort, but we are creatures of habit!
Caribbean Beach/Riverside/Wilderness Lodge/All Star Movies/Beach Club/Contemporary

Raenstoirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #4
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfjny View Post
From the fastpass point of view, I am just curious what else may have changed. I assume you still have an hour window. Now that they are cracking down on the return time, does anyone know how strict are they being? Just curious if you show up one, five, ten, or fifteen minutes late.
At the beginning of the change to enforce the one hour window, there was a 15 minute leeway window each way. As of the end of April, we were able to use our FastPasses 5 minutes early once (we were outside the line and I looked at the time and said "we have 5 minutes". The CM there overheard and said to come on in. ). Never tried late.

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:48 PM   #5
JMSMommy
Mouseketeer

We had 12 people and 3 families (well 2 families and 1 set of Grandparents).

What you do with the ride photos is just write down (text/phone photo/etc.) the number of the photo and what ride. Then come back within 24 to 48 hours to claim it (MK photos are within 48 hours). Easy peasy.

(13) (9) (5) (4)
JMSMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:58 PM   #6
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

Pp+ WE claimed ride photos with just photo number on multiple occasions. All photos were claimed same day they were taken.

Tags
fastpass, june 2012, photopass+

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: