Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #736
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvleedeas View Post
DO YOU NEED ADVANCE RESERVATIONS FOR THIS RESTAURANT?
Counter service restaurants do not take reservations.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #737
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
I love HP and I want to know what to expect in the lines in the first week of june. I travel with a bunch of non-Potter-fans with low patience.

I'm calculating like and hour for the FJ and to eat in the Three Broom sticks and 40 minutes per store (except Ollivanders) Am I too optimistic?
I don't think you aren't being too optimistic at all. In fact, it probably won't take that long.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2012, 07:56 AM   #738
CarolineB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
I love HP and I want to know what to expect in the lines in the first week of june. I travel with a bunch of non-Potter-fans with low patience.

I'm calculating like and hour for the FJ and to eat in the Three Broom sticks and 40 minutes per store (except Ollivanders) Am I too optimistic?
I would just plan a meeting time and place around lunch time and meet back up with those non-Potter fans. I wouldn't want to be stressed about having to rush through my HP experience.

The last day of school for Orange County is June 7 so mid week should be better than say Friday.
CarolineB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #739
tootsie562
Earning My Ears

Have a question. I'm sorry if it was already covered but I didn't see it. I am going to and staying at Disney the end of June but we were going to Universal for a day. Is there a shuttle to get you back and fourth? I think when I booked my trip about 6 months ago, that someone said it was included when you bought a ticket to Universal.

Help.
Ellisa
tootsie562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #740
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootsie562 View Post
Have a question. I'm sorry if it was already covered but I didn't see it. I am going to and staying at Disney the end of June but we were going to Universal for a day. Is there a shuttle to get you back and fourth? I think when I booked my trip about 6 months ago, that someone said it was included when you bought a ticket to Universal.

Help.
Ellisa
Dreams Unlimited (who run this site) have a ticket with transfer.

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/universal/
Old 05-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #741
wildekatza
Earning My Ears

Another HP Question...

Hello, just joined today and am already asking my first question:

I have a weak lower back. I was told by several friends recently (who really are wishy washy on certain information items) that the FJ was too rough to ride and that the DD ride in WWoHP would actually be smoother on my lower back? I try to baby my back as much as I can so am checking to see what the general concensus on this is. Also, son and I are going for the first time EVER to US and IOA the week of the 21st of this month. Any suggestions? Crowd calendars show mostly red. We are staying on site so that will help. Surely kids are still in school during the week??? Any other suggestions on rides to def avoid that would be jarring to the lower back?
Thanks in advance all!
wildekatza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #742
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildekatza View Post
Hello, just joined today and am already asking my first question:

I have a weak lower back. I was told by several friends recently (who really are wishy washy on certain information items) that the FJ was too rough to ride and that the DD ride in WWoHP would actually be smoother on my lower back? I try to baby my back as much as I can so am checking to see what the general concensus on this is. Also, son and I are going for the first time EVER to US and IOA the week of the 21st of this month. Any suggestions? Crowd calendars show mostly red. We are staying on site so that will help. Surely kids are still in school during the week??? Any other suggestions on rides to def avoid that would be jarring to the lower back?
Thanks in advance all!
I don't find FJ jarring at all. There is a lot of movement but it is smooth movement.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:24 PM   #743
wildekatza
Earning My Ears

Thanks,Damo! That was music to my ears! Was looking fwd to this first trip and am already missing out on a number of the rides I think for my back.
Good thing DS isnt a fast coaster type of boy!
wildekatza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #744
alexensmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistra View Post
Sounds like you've got a good plan for WWoHP -- the advice to hit Ollivanders first is good. We went during a pretty uncrowded time and though the lines dropped in the evening to nothing for nearly everything, Ollivanders still had a half-queue wait, and that line moves slowly. I paid for a subscription to a website that had lots of WWoHP and IOA information and I found it worth it. If it's something you're interested in, a search engine will probably pull it up.

If you've never been to IOA (I hadn't), you might want to study the park map in advance so you can get to WWoHP quickly - I found the park very overwhelming and would probably have gotten off track if I had not studied in advance -- you really want to get in that Ollivanders queue as soon as possible, yoYu can go back and see other things later.

Our kids loved the rides in the Seuss area and the play area in Jurassic Park, called Camp Jurassic Park -- there is a water cannons area that can be a lot of fun if it's a hot day.

Can't help you with stroller parking.

Have fun!

Best, Marjorie
Thanks for the advise! We are actually in Jacksonville on our way to WDW!! Didn't have any more time this week for planning since we were packing and DD had three softball games, so I'm throwing caution to the wind. I have been studying the IOA map. DS is too small for many of the rides so DD said she will gladly do Spider Man and Cat in the Hat area since we are going to wwohp just for her. She said she doesn't want to buy a wand at Olivander's so if we hit it first, it won't be taking up much time.

Thanks again!!! Two more hours!!!

alexensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:07 AM   #745
Magistra
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexensmom View Post
Thanks for the advise! We are actually in Jacksonville on our way to WDW!! [snip]
area since we are going to wwohp just for her. She said she doesn't want to buy a wand at Olivander's so if we hit it first, it won't be taking up much time.

Thanks again!!! Two more hours!!!
This may be too late for you, but thought I'd post it for other readers - lots of the HP merchandise is also sold in the big trading post in the port of entry area so if the crowds are too much in the WWoHP shops, you can get a lot of items at the port of entry shop. They have Pygmy puffs and crookshanks and several character wands (but maybe not as many as Ollivanders). I was pleased to see we didn't have to go back to Filch's Emporium outside of FG to get a cat for dd as they had them at the port of entry trading post.
Magistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #746
mcjw2011
Earning My Ears

It's not a question about the IOA WWoHP, just the announcement of another WWoHP in Osaka, Japan.

I'm curious since HP is BIG in Japan, why Universal Studios didn't go directly for that market after the Orlando one opened.
mcjw2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #747
BrinkofSunshine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjw2011 View Post
It's not a question about the IOA WWoHP, just the announcement of another WWoHP in Osaka, Japan.

I'm curious since HP is BIG in Japan, why Universal Studios didn't go directly for that market after the Orlando one opened.
My guess is that they wanted something to increase business for Universal Orlando, which I think is the biggest of the Universal properties. Looking at attendance records for 2009, Universal Japan is way ahead of both Universal Orlando parks.
BrinkofSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:08 AM   #748
sammielynn
DIS Veteran

After you enter the park what is the best path to take to WWoHP?

Last edited by sammielynn; 05-18-2012 at 09:24 AM.
sammielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:01 PM   #749
heidi8
Mouseketeer

Just go straight through Seussland and keep walking until you get there. If there's a crowd in Seussland you can walk closer to the water past the Green Eggs & Ham station to avoid some of the crowd.

Yes, I did go on the Teacups 30 times in a row on my 30th birthday!
heidi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:09 PM   #750
buffy24
Earning My Ears

If it is a busy day, aka the park opens at 8am, will they still let people go through Seuss land or will the make everyone funnel to the left? We are visiting on a Sunday in June and we know it will be packed, but we plan on arriving very early.

Thanks for any help you can give!
buffy24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: