Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which name is your favourite?
Robert 20 22.73%
Peter 15 17.05%
Roderick (Rory) 30 34.09%
Ewan 23 26.14%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-04-2012, 11:52 PM   #16
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Ooo - did you mean this millenium falcon?

It wasn't me - Santa brought it!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:05 AM   #17
MinnieLovesMickey
Peyton Manning's #1 Fan!

Maybe Santa can get it for DH .
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2012, 11:23 PM   #18
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Yes, I think my DH would love a gift like that. Star Wars weekends is definetly on our bucket list, maybe adults only one day...who knows!
Old 05-06-2012, 02:09 AM   #19
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Just saw you had a PTR, so thought I'd join in!

Wow, your family has been through a lot. I hope everything goes well for you in the pregnancy and that bringing your new little addition to WDW is magical!

I have to show DH all your "geek" stuff! He'll love it!
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Dugette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #20
Lady Elle
Mouseketeer

Congrats!
Old 05-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #21
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Congrats!
Hi Lady Elle, thank you!

Quote:
I have to show DH all your "geek" stuff! He'll love it!
Nice to meet a fellow geek mom!

Quote:
Star Wars weekends is definetly on our bucket list
Oh you should absolutely go, my husband and I went before we had kids and we had a blast!

Quote:
Maybe Santa can get it for DH .
Santa is awesome that way! And Christmas is my absolute favourite time of year!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Old 05-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #22
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Ultrasound update

So I went for my ultrasound last week. It was slightly unnerving at first. The technician said "Is this your second ultrasound?"
No, my first.
"Why have you not had one before now?"
Well this is the one the doctor scheduled for me.
"And this baby is how old?"
Well, that's why I am here for the dating ultrasound. I wasn't really paying that much attention this time around. I've been distracted by stuff lately.
"I see. Well, this baby is a lot older than your doctor had suggested."
Okay...
"I'm going to do a write up, take this to your doctor and make sure you speak to her before you leave the hospital today."
Right.

I was so distracted with worry that I never even asked to see the little one. I will have to wait until next time.

So I went and waited for my doctor. Turns out the baby is actually 15 weeks and three days today. So due October 27th. And it also turns out that we scootched to the head of the line for the amnio we were supposed to have. It's booked for this Thursday and I am feeling a bit nervous about it. So if you could include us in your prayers for a healthy little mouseketeer I'd really appreciate it!

Old 05-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #23
akclayton
Mouseketeer

Congrats on the upcoming new addition. Wow! 15 weeks. Sending prayers to you and your family.

akclayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:34 PM   #24
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on

Wow 15 weeks! What a surprise! And you all will definitely be in my prayers.

daisy_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:18 PM   #25
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Sending you good thoughts and pixie dust for your amnio...
Old 05-11-2012, 02:35 PM   #26
Alysa
DIS Veteran

akclayton, daisy and jenny - thank you for all your prayers and best wishes!

Guess what?! It worked! Looks like the baby is healthy! Woo hoo! I am so happy! First item checked off my list for this year! Plus, guess what else we found out!

It's a boy!!!!!

Old 05-11-2012, 10:42 PM   #27
MinnieLovesMickey
Peyton Manning's #1 Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
akclayton, daisy and jenny - thank you for all your prayers and best wishes!

Guess what?! It worked! Looks like the baby is healthy! Woo hoo! I am so happy! First item checked off my list for this year! Plus, guess what else we found out!

It's a boy!!!!!
Yay congratulations! I'm very excited for you and your family! Glad to hear that he's good and healthy. Hopefully no morning sickness for you.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #28
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on

That's wonderful news!!! I am so happy to hear HE is healthy! How exciting to know what you are having!! Now the planning REALLY begins!

daisy_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:26 PM   #29
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Happy Mother's Day!

To all my DIS friends out there who are mums - hope you had a wonderful day today!

We finally told our kids and they were both over the moon! My son is so excited to have a little brother to play with and my daughter is just thrilled to have a real live baby to take care of. We are doing a little baby countdown now (166 days) and they keep coming up to me with wrapped presents of toys they want to give to the baby, as well as birthday cards and mobiles they have made. We spent the weekend planning the nursery and trying to think up names for the young man. I think we are going to call him "Boo" until we finally decide.

Today we went to our parent's house - my father-in-law seemed really pleased that Boo would be born so close to his wife's birthday, I hope it helped him and my husband on their first mother's day without her to have something to look forward to.

My daughter called my niece Friday night and told her and she and my sister brought Boo his first outfit today! The most adorable little five piece monkey set from Carter's. My mum and dad were equally pleased (I was worried about my mum's reaction as she is so sick) so that was lovely too. Anyway, a great weekend all round, filled with lots of love. Hope yours was just as great!

Old 05-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #30
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Yesterday I bit the bullet and went to Thyme maternity and bought some capri pants. You know it's time when you can't even get the button's done up on any of your regular pants.

I also ordered a copy of the Oxford Dictionary of First Names. It's time we stopped calling this boy Boo.

We've been planning our first Disney movie nights (my niece will be coming for some of them too). I think we are going to do Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs first (also my favourite of course) with make your own caramel apples and mine a neclace of gems. We are going to do our first one in June so I'll have some fun photos of that soon!

Oh, and I found the cute disneybaby.com site

163 days until baby / 461 days until disney! So excited for both!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: