Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
Coachymom
Earning My Ears

My dad is having a valve replacement.

My dad has been in congestive heart failure for about seven years due to a calcified valve. He is having a heart catheterization on Tuesday to see the extent of the damage and whether he will need the new valve on Tuesday or if he can wait another couple weeks and have it then.

Our big Disney trip that we have been planing for two years is September 29th to October 6th of this year. This will be my first time traveling to Disney with my parents since 2001 and the first time my children will be traveling to Disney with my parents (ds went one other time without them and this is dd first time going to disney). My dad is BEYOND excited about the trip, as we all are!!!

I am being very optimistic about the procedure and think that he will feel better then ever when it is over. I think he will feel awesome for Disney and will out walk us all, lol. He is worried about not making it through the surgery and if he does, not being able to go on the trip. He has made us promise we will still go if he can't go and take my mom.

I am optimistic as I have said, but I am praying and thiking good positive thoughts!

Does anyone have any experience with his personally or know a family member who has had this done? Let me know.

Thanks for reading and hugs!!!

1st Trip-1987, Stayed offsite,2nd Trip-1991, Stayed at POR,3rd Trip-1995, Stayed at POR,4th Trip-2000, Happy 21st Birthday to me!, Stayed at CSR,5th Trip-2002, ♥Honeymoon♥, Stayed at POR,6th Trip-2009 first trip, Stayed at PCR and offsite,Scheduled: September 29th, 2012 to October 6th, 2012, 7th Trip- first trip, second trip, First MNSSH, Staying at CBR
Coachymom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: