Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #316
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
That room pic I posted was from 5 weeks ago. Nancy was just there - did you have this same furniture & decor?

In the picture I posted that bedding, drapery, carpet, wall paint color & headboard art are definitely "updated" since the early 2000's when it was the old teal & peach beach theme, but maybe I've just been missing rooms with something even newer.
Same with us - first visits were the peach & teal beach theme - last two visits were the new drapes, carpeting, bedding, paint, tv......

For the people looking to send peanut butter - having bagels, etc.... another option other than Picabus is the Boardwalk - the Boardwalk Bakery has baked goods and there is a gift shop that has beverages and small grocery items.

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
Old 05-09-2012, 04:52 PM   #317
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh2001 View Post

SRUAlmn so cool we arrive on the same day.

YES!! We're so excited! Look for us, we'll be the SUPER tall people with the SUPER big smiles
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #318
drgnfly30
Take my advice, never pay full price
They call me Bobbie Vila around these parts!
I can't stop smelling myself!

Just found out today that I'll be attending a work conference at the Dolphin in June (not quite sure they are aware that they are paying to send me to "my happiest place on Earth")!

I've been wanting to stay here for awhile so I'm super excited!

Just wanted to pop in & say 'hey'!

Offsite 1973~1977~1983 ~ POR Nov 2001 ~ CR Oct 2002 ~ Offsite Sept 2004 ~ Nick Oct 2004 ~ POP Feb 2006 ~ Indian Creek Villa June 2006~July 2007~June 2008 ~ CSR June 2009 ~ POP Aug 2011 ~ Swan June 2012~Dolphin August 2013~CBR Sept 2014 ~ YC Sept 2015
Old 05-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #319
2bliss
Earning My Ears

Thank you!
Old 05-09-2012, 10:06 PM   #320
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgnfly30 View Post
Just found out today that I'll be attending a work conference at the Dolphin in June (not quite sure they are aware that they are paying to send me to "my happiest place on Earth")!

I've been wanting to stay here for awhile so I'm super excited!

Just wanted to pop in & say 'hey'!
Congrats - the conference area is very nice.
IBM has had sales conferences at the Dolphin in the past (and current and most likely future)
Old 05-10-2012, 12:08 PM   #321
chrisf21
Earning My Ears

A la carte breakfast on weekend?

Hi,

I am curious, does the Garden cafe/ grill place at the Swan/Dolphin offer the a la carte breakfast menu on the weekends? I can't see doing the buffet-- its 19.95 a person and we just don't need that...

Looking for a place to sit down and have eggs or pancakes but not buffet...

Does anyone know?

Staying at the Swan Friday through Monday in June.

ty
Christine
Old 05-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #322
Dan Murphy
We are family.

I don't think a la carte is available as it is a character breakfast on the weekends and more money is needed to pay Disney for that.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 05-10-2012, 12:38 PM   #323
LexiC123
on this, our spaceship earth
makes me want to jab candy canes into my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf21 View Post
Hi,

I am curious, does the Garden cafe/ grill place at the Swan/Dolphin offer the a la carte breakfast menu on the weekends? I can't see doing the buffet-- its 19.95 a person and we just don't need that...

Does anyone know?

ty
Christine
At Fresh, you can do the buffet or order off the menu. Picabu also has breakfast items, served cafeteria-style.
WDW: 6/72 offsite.....5/93 offsite.....10/94 OKW.....11/95 BC.....10/96 BWV.....10/97 BC.....3/98 CBR.....10/98 WL.....5/99 YC & GF.....8/99 DI (now SSR).....9/99 CR.....3/00 BC.....4/00 YC.....8/00 Poly.....4/01 BC.....7/01 YC.....8/02 BC.....9/09 Dolphin.....9/10 Swan.....10/11 Swan & Dolphin.....4/13 Swan & BC.....Next: 12/14 Swan
DL: 3/71 offsite.....6/98 Pacific Hotel (now Paradise Pier).....12/00 Disneyland Hotel

Old 05-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #324
Abharmagic
DIS Veteran

Hi-
My family is planning a stay at the BC next spring we are in the process of trying to convince my parents (aged a very active/mobile 65 and 71) to come down for a few days and join us. I recommended the Swan/Dolphin resorts to them for a number of reasons- namely my dad was a traveling businessman and has club cards and points all over the place- and I am sure he can get a good rate. It also appears they run a bit better rates and are a bit nicer than the Deluxe category at WDW- which I think my parents will appreciate. They are big Marriott fans and these hotels look on par with a Marriott. I do have some questions though.

1. I chose these resorts b/c of the proximity to the Beach Club and the Boardwalk complex and the boats to Epcot and DHS. How far (approx) is the walk from Swan and the walk from the Dolphin to the BC?

2. They can do EMH-- correct? Also, they can use WDW transportation (except for Magical Express)-- correct?

3. Can my kids take an evening and hang out with them and swim in the pool at Swan or Dolphin or do they have to stay at the resort to do this? Dh and I are hoping to have a night or two kid free to spend together. I know my parents cannot use the BC pool- so I was wondering if my kids could use their pool.

Thanks so much!
April 2013
Next Trip- Labor Day 2014- SeaWorld- Aquatica- Legoland- MNSSHP- Can't wait!
Old 05-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #325
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abharmagic View Post
Hi-
My family is planning a stay at the BC next spring we are in the process of trying to convince my parents (aged a very active/mobile 65 and 71) to come down for a few days and join us. I recommended the Swan/Dolphin resorts to them for a number of reasons- namely my dad was a traveling businessman and has club cards and points all over the place- and I am sure he can get a good rate. It also appears they run a bit better rates and are a bit nicer than the Deluxe category at WDW- which I think my parents will appreciate. They are big Marriott fans and these hotels look on par with a Marriott. I do have some questions though.

1. I chose these resorts b/c of the proximity to the Beach Club and the Boardwalk complex and the boats to Epcot and DHS. How far (approx) is the walk from Swan and the walk from the Dolphin to the BC?

2. They can do EMH-- correct? Also, they can use WDW transportation (except for Magical Express)-- correct?

3. Can my kids take an evening and hang out with them and swim in the pool at Swan or Dolphin or do they have to stay at the resort to do this? Dh and I are hoping to have a night or two kid free to spend together. I know my parents cannot use the BC pool- so I was wondering if my kids could use their pool.

Thanks so much!
I think Swan Dolphin (location-wise AND cost-wise!) would be a good choice for your parents. It's a 5 - 10 minute (at most) walk from BC to Dolphin or Swan (Dolphin being the closer of the 2).

Yes, on the EMH and Disney transportation (except DME).

I don't see why your kids couldn't spend time with your parents at the pool. As long as your children are with paying guests, it shouldn't be an issue at all.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:34 PM   #326
Abharmagic
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the quick response!

One more thing:
I see there is a nightly charge for parking at the Swan and Dolphin resorts- are people who stay at these resorts also subject to pay for parking at MK and AK (I am sure my parents will take transportation or walk to EP and DHS). I know if you stay at the WDW resorts you do not have to pay to park at the parks-- how about Swan and Dolphin? The parking fee there is already steep.
April 2013
Next Trip- Labor Day 2014- SeaWorld- Aquatica- Legoland- MNSSHP- Can't wait!
Old 05-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #327
lovingthemouse
You must believe......and then send cold, hard cash!!! ;)
magic is in the heart of the beholder...

Hi, Swan/Dolphin guests have complimentary park parking also.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #328
micheleq
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone -- I've got a question for the S/D experts!

Does anyone have a list or perhaps a photo of the pantry items that are carried at Picabu? I'm a fan of having breakfast in the room before heading out to the parks when we try and make rope drop, so wondering what cereal they have, etc. My MIL lives off yogurt (she's had two gastric bypasses, so she eats several small meals a day) for example. I'm wondering if there are yogurts available so she can fill her mini fridge in the room? I know there is the "personal pantry" service, but I'm wondering if anyone knows what else is available. My ILs live in Florida and they'll be driving to WDW, so we can make a grocery run if needed. But I'd rather save time and get the few things we'll want right at the resort if that's possible.

TIA!

CB 1/01 SSR 12/08 YC-CL 10/11 SSR 11/14 VGF 1/15
Magic Western Caribbean 2/12
Wonder Easter 3/13 Western Caribbean
Fantasy Easter 4/14 Eastern Caribbean
DL PPH-CL 8/13
Old 05-11-2012, 05:20 PM   #329
Ramsfan28

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf21 View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know?

ty
Christine
You can order the buffet or from their menu.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #330
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheleq View Post
Hi everyone -- I've got a question for the S/D experts!

Does anyone have a list or perhaps a photo of the pantry items that are carried at Picabu? I'm a fan of having breakfast in the room before heading out to the parks when we try and make rope drop, so wondering what cereal they have, etc. My MIL lives off yogurt (she's had two gastric bypasses, so she eats several small meals a day) for example. I'm wondering if there are yogurts available so she can fill her mini fridge in the room? I know there is the "personal pantry" service, but I'm wondering if anyone knows what else is available. My ILs live in Florida and they'll be driving to WDW, so we can make a grocery run if needed. But I'd rather save time and get the few things we'll want right at the resort if that's possible.

TIA!
I remember for sure seeing yogurt, cereal and milk. They also had a lot of grab and go things like fruit salad and bagels. Whatever you can't find there you can find at the General store at Beach Club or if you want it cheaper at the Hess station across the street from the Beach club.

ETA- just saw this Travel zoo deal on the budget board for anyone interested in spa services

http://www.travelzoo.com/local-deals/Orlando/Spa/15809

Last edited by lizabu; 05-11-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: