Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #31
clarkescruise
Earning My Ears

:)

Hope everyone has a great time!
clarkescruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #32
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkescruise View Post
Hope everyone has a great time!
Thanks! I hope we do too!
AAshleySEG is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2012, 08:28 AM   #33
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Geocache

Hi everybody, just wanted to give another quick little update thingy. Recently DH and I have started to geocache. So if you don't know what it is here is a link to explain it to you http://www.geocaching.com/
We actually have a lot of fun doing it and since we are pretty much peripatetic travelers, it is something we might want to do while gone on our trip as well! It will add a little adventure or excitement (as if there isn't going to be enough already) to our time away! It looks like there may be some pretty cool sites to do it in the cruise ports and if any of you have some down time, maybe you could try it out, you might really enjoy it like we have!

Countdown: 30 Days
Old 05-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #34
globalgoofies
Earning My Ears

alaska info

Hi,
Thanks so much for ALL your wonderful tips. We're not much for posting but wanted to thank you for all your great ideas!
Are you familiar with tv food maps? It lists restaurants that food channels have recommended. There's almost 60 for Seattle. Your favs are on there.

We're going to Alaska next year! Our cruise leaves out of Vancouver. We'll be driving down to Seattle for sure. My kids want to go to Top Pot doughnuts. Sounds like a funky kind of place. We'll definitely check out your list as well.
Have a wonderful trip. We look forward to the TR.
globalgoofies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #35
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalgoofies View Post
Hi,
Thanks so much for ALL your wonderful tips. We're not much for posting but wanted to thank you for all your great ideas!
Are you familiar with tv food maps? It lists restaurants that food channels have recommended. There's almost 60 for Seattle. Your favs are on there.

We're going to Alaska next year! Our cruise leaves out of Vancouver. We'll be driving down to Seattle for sure. My kids want to go to Top Pot doughnuts. Sounds like a funky kind of place. We'll definitely check out your list as well.
Have a wonderful trip. We look forward to the TR.
You are so welcome! I am just glad what I am doing is actually helping others! I have not looked at the tv food maps! Will definitely give it a look and then add a link here in case anyone is interested! Thanks for the tip! on going on the Alaskan cruise!! I know you are probably excited even though you have a little while longer to wait, but it will come very quickly, ours sure has! Top Pot Doughnuts is one of the places on our Pike Place Market Tour I believe, will definitely let everyone know when we go on it which places we go to. Can't wait to get a TR to all of you! Thanks again for reading!!~
Old 05-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #36
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Cruise docs!!

We received our cruise documents today, so I wanted to take a little time to go over what information is contained in them for anyone planning a trip. I know it is probably stuff you might already know but I'll chuck it in anyway just in case! So without further ado, our cruise document information!

IMPORTANT NOTE TO GUESTS
Please remember to print the appropriate forms and bring them with you in order to sail.

Page 1:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION
"Passport Information"
Disney Cruise Line will deny boarding to Guests without proper documentation.
Travel documentation requirements can vary greatly based on which Disney cruise you have selected to enjoy, and also on your country of citizenship.
All United States citizens must provide proof of U.S. citizenship for cruises that originate from, or travel to, a U.S. port. Please refer to the "Embarkation Information" section or visit the Planning Center online at disneycruise.com/plan for detailed requirements. You may also visit the U.S. Department of State website at travel.state.gov or call the U.S. National Passport Information Center at 1-877-4USA-PPT for the most current requirements.
For our non-U.S. guests, please refer to your local government agency for specific travel documentation requirements for your cruise vacation or visit the Planning Center at disneycruise.com/plan
It goes one to give a barcode and a list of those included in your party, so for us it would be Jeremy and myself!
On the opposite side there is a pocket which includes
Your Luggage Tags

Don't Forget to Place Tags on Your Luggage

Welcome Aboard
Dear Jeremy,
Thank you for choosing Disney Cruise Line! Your 7-Night Alaska Cruise is about to begin! We're thrilled to have you aboard the Disney Wonder.
This is your official cruise document. Inside are the customized details of your Disney Cruise Line vacation. From luggage tags, a summary of everything you've booked, the Disney Wonder itinerary and more, you're holding important information in your hand. Be sure to review it all.

There is a Vacation Checklist:
Right Now:
Review This Booklet
Complete Your Cruise Documents and Forms
Planning Center
Before You Leave Home:
Leave our ships' contact number with a family member or friend
Review our Alcohol Policy
Pack a day bag
Have a neighbor? (Mail Pickup)
Double Check Your Bags
Etc. Etc
As Soon as You're On The Ship:
Relax, You're on vacation!(YAY)

You have some embarkation information and a vacation Summary which includes your reservation number, sailing details, travel dates, flight information, ground transportation, vacation protection plan info, pre-paid gratuity info, port adventures, and dining at Palo.
On the next page you have a sailing itinerary

A full detailed Flight Information page including airline baggage policies and your airline itineraries.
A page of important extras featuring Gratuity Guidelines/Suggestions and page of cut-out ship contact information cards to give to family members or friends.
Finally if you chose not to use Ground Transportation there are Directions to Smith Cove Cruise Terminal at Pier 91 in Seattle.

We are still on the countdown and getting ever closer to our vacation! I hope to share some more information with you all whenever I get a chance! So for now as always, Have A Magical Day!!
Old 05-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #37
pixie08
DIS Veteran

30 days
Old 05-09-2012, 08:21 AM   #38
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie08 View Post
30 days
I know! It is getting coming up so fast!
Old 05-10-2012, 09:59 PM   #39
pixie08
DIS Veteran

Andrea have you started to pack? I am not sure when i am going to do that because the weather is crazy here and we are still using our fleece and rain coats!

I'll pm you soon to make sure we get an exact place and time to meet.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:38 AM   #40
globalgoofies
Earning My Ears

Thanks!!
globalgoofies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:35 AM   #41
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Andrea have you started to pack? I am not sure when i am going to do that because the weather is crazy here and we are still using our fleece and rain coats!

I'll pm you soon to make sure we get an exact place and time to meet.
Yes, I actually have started to pack. I am putting things in my suitcase that I know I am not going to use. Our weather is staying pretty much the same right now (Hot), so I really don't need too many things that I am going to be taking. I have also been watching the weather in all the ports everyday to see the changes so I know whether I want to take clothes for warmer weather too.

Looking forward to that PM, I would also love to hear what you guys are planning on doing! Talk to you soon!
Old 05-13-2012, 07:56 AM   #42
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

25 Days and Counting

Well everyone, we have made it to the 25 day mark, and we are more excited than ever! Hubby ordered some stuff for the trip on eBay, and everything has finally arrived. Putting last minute touches on our FE Gifts before we package them up and send them ahead to Seattle. I pretty much have completed my packing list and know everything we are going to take, so now I am making sure I can locate the things I need and have put them in a designated place so I am sure I can! I still feel like when the actual day before comes I am going to be running around like a chicken with my head cut off because I forgot to do something. I really hope that is not the case, I am trying to make the packing day as effortless as I possibly can. We have arranged for my mother to take us to the airport, which I feel bad about because we have to be there at about 6am which means we need to leave at about 5:30-5:45am. That first day is going to feel like One More Disney Day because we will be up until about 11:00pm Seattle time which is about 2:00am our time...But I want to be able to do as much as we can while we are there, so maybe I'll just drink some coffee...HAHA. So anyway, for now, that is my little update, you guys all have Magical Days!
Old 05-14-2012, 03:36 PM   #43
pixie08
DIS Veteran

I know what you mean. We are going to be exhausted because our flight is so early as well, and coming from the east it is going to be killer. But hey, Seattle is capital of coffee!
Old 05-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #44
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know what you mean. We are going to be exhausted because our flight is so early as well, and coming from the east it is going to be killer. But hey, Seattle is capital of coffee!
You are absolutely right, I should have plenty of coffee options should I start getting tired!
Old 05-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #45
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Just another little update on me. I have been watching youtube videos of the Ship (Disney Wonder) whale watching tours, Palo brunch, anything Alaska I can find getting in the spirit of our upcoming adventure. I was on youtube the other day and I found this family video, they went on the Wonder to the Mexican Riviera this past year, It was one of the most amazing family vacation videos I have ever seen. I inspired me to try and create one for myself, along with my TR and Magazine. I sure do like to put a lot of things on my plate...LOL, anyway if you happen to be going on our cruise and see some crazy lady roaming around videotaping EVERYTHING, you will know that is me...I even went around out town and shot some random B-Roll just so I could have a beginning before we left to put where we come from and where we are going in perspective! Hmm...I think I should add a temperature to it so everyone knows how different it is in NC versus Alaska in the Summer!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: