Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Choose a carpool
The Magic is as strong as ever 174 36.71%
The Magic has faded, but I am very optimistic 194 40.93%
The Magic is in serious jeaopardy 99 20.89%
The Magic is lost, I'm not going back 7 1.48%
Voters: 474. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2001, 04:16 PM   #1
All Aboard
Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas

Choose a Carpool

Seems as though we have more passengers on the board than ever before. Maybe it would be fun to do a carpool signup sheet. Since this is a WDW board, I'll ask the question this way: How do you perceive the Magic of Walt Disney World today. Please use the poll feature and then you can write whatever you want. I am starting with just four cars, if I need more - let me know.

Of course, we will need a driver for each - feel free to volunteer.

I'll start. I put myself in the "Magic is as strong as ever" car. Since we are talking just WDW (not ABC, Pearl Harbor, Disney Stores, go.com, etc.) [I know, DVC, one relies on all the others, but..] to me, I look forward to nothing any more than the trips up to WDW I take with my family. And each time we get there, I am not disappointed in the slightest.

To me, the addition of the All Star Resorts is a wonderful thing. It gives me the opportunity (at $49 a night) to go as often as I do and stay on-site. They, by no means, cheapen the experience.

My daughter asks nearly daily when we are going to WDW. I get great pleasure from showing her all the things I have loved so much since my first trip in the mid-70's. We marvel together at the new things too. Now that she's tall enough, she is amazed at the wonders of Splash Mountain. We could watch ToN & RoE over and over (in fact, we do.) The parks are as clean as I remember, the cast members just as friendly and helpful.

While all of the above is still true, many decisions made in the last year and a half have pushed me into car #2. Specifically:

1) The elimination of EE
2) Dinorama
3) Pop Century
4) Operating Hours reductions

What will it take to get me back in Car #1. Restoring EE, bringing back some of the operating hours and giving AK some much needed quality attractions.

In general, I need to be convinced that Disney is committed to pushing the envelope of entertainment and not allow WDW to flounder.

Last edited by gcurling; 06-19-2002 at 10:38 AM.
All Aboard is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: