Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2012, 01:25 PM   #16
st8y
Mouseketeer

And there!! I posted 2 pictures from my iPhone!
st8y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:44 PM   #17
jjb42974
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by st8y View Post
This is our first Disney cruise. We have done a few Disney trips. I love walking down Main St and feeling the magic! We saw the advertisement for DCL on TV when we were staying on Disney property and I said we MUST do it! Fast forward 5 years and our dream is about to become a reality!
Our family:

me-Stacey, 39, an avid Disney fan. I have wonderful memories of gathering around the TV every Sunday night at 6pm and awaiting the Wonderful World of Walt Disney with my siblings and cousins. I could hardly wait to see Tinkerbell come across the screen and tap her magic wand! Took my first trip to WDW when I was 19. I was completeing my degree in nursing and working 3 jobs to save for my trip! I moved to Florida (from Canada) after graduating and lived there for 2 years. Lots of WDW trips then! Ended up moving home and marrying my high school sweetheart, Greg.

DH-41, Greg, he just goes along for the ride, never gets too excited. He is pretty great!

DS-13, Drew, knows everthing, sporty & smart.

DD- 9, Grace,the princess, ever helpful, and social

Our travel itinerary:
May 22- leave from Canada, drive to Bangor, Me
May 23- drive to Boston
May 24- drive to NY
May 25 (Day 1)- Sail away! Dreams do come true!
Day 2- at sea
Day 3- at sea
Day 4- Nassau, Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim (me & DD, boys are not interested, what?!)
Day 5- Castaway Cay- Couples Cabana Massage, Palo!
Day 6- WDW! Heading to AK first for EE, Safari and then to MK for Space Mtn, Splash mtn, a dole whip, and Wishes! (and a lot in between!)
Day 7- at sea
Day 8- at sea, Palo brunch
Day 9- NY

I am beyond excited!
[/FONT]
Hi Stacey! We are on the same cruise and are SO excited too! You should hop on over to our thread. IDK how to link it but find the 2012 Magic cruise list and then the May 25. Lots of ppl on there and we are doing a meet and greet the 1st day if you are interested. Hope to see you there
jjb42974 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2012, 04:02 PM   #18
jjb42974
Earning My Ears

I just saw your name on the roll call list on the other thread so that's great - getting so close!!
jjb42974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:59 PM   #19
st8y
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjb42974 View Post
I just saw your name on the roll call list on the other thread so that's great - getting so close!!
It is getting so close and I can hardly contain myself! Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Old 05-08-2012, 11:00 PM   #20
eyor44
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to read your review of the trip. We are sailing on the Magic July 20.
eyor44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:19 PM   #21
scootersjunk
Earning My Ears

See you on board

Quote:
Originally Posted by st8y View Post
This is our first Disney cruise. We have done a few Disney trips. I love walking down Main St and feeling the magic! We saw the advertisement for DCL on TV when we were staying on Disney property and I said we MUST do it! Fast forward 5 years and our dream is about to become a reality!
Our family:

me-Stacey, 39, an avid Disney fan. I have wonderful memories of gathering around the TV every Sunday night at 6pm and awaiting the Wonderful World of Walt Disney with my siblings and cousins. I could hardly wait to see Tinkerbell come across the screen and tap her magic wand! Took my first trip to WDW when I was 19. I was completeing my degree in nursing and working 3 jobs to save for my trip! I moved to Florida (from Canada) after graduating and lived there for 2 years. Lots of WDW trips then! Ended up moving home and marrying my high school sweetheart, Greg.

DH-41, Greg, he just goes along for the ride, never gets too excited. He is pretty great!

DS-13, Drew, knows everthing, sporty & smart.

DD- 9, Grace,the princess, ever helpful, and social

Our travel itinerary:
May 22- leave from Canada, drive to Bangor, Me
May 23- drive to Boston
May 24- drive to NY
May 25 (Day 1)- Sail away! Dreams do come true!
Day 2- at sea
Day 3- at sea
Day 4- Nassau, Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim (me & DD, boys are not interested, what?!)
Day 5- Castaway Cay- Couples Cabana Massage, Palo!
Day 6- WDW! Heading to AK first for EE, Safari and then to MK for Space Mtn, Splash mtn, a dole whip, and Wishes! (and a lot in between!)
Day 7- at sea
Day 8- at sea, Palo brunch
Day 9- NY

I am beyond excited!
[/FONT]

I will be on board with my friend, Rick. I will keep a lookout for you :-)
scootersjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #22
disney debi
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to read your trip report. We are sailing this cruise in august (our first disney cruise as well). Sounds like you have some wonderful plans. Have a great trip!
Old 05-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #23
teetee6263
Earning My Ears

Can't wait to read your trip report. I wanted to book this cruise, but didn't want daughter to miss school, turns out since no snow days were used shes off the 25th, 28th, 29th & has a trip on the 1st. She would have only been missing 2 days. Think we might head out to the city & take a ride on the Circle Line to see you sail away.
Have a great trip!
teetee6263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:50 PM   #24
st8y
Mouseketeer

The traffic into NYC was horrible! Sometimes I'm pretty glad to be a country girl! We made it to our hotel about 3 hrs after we anticipated! We have an awesome view of the NYC skyline. [IMG][/IMG]
Took the subway to Times Square.
[IMG][/IMG]Can't wait to set sail tomorrow!
Old 05-24-2012, 08:35 PM   #25
NJMermaid
Mouseketeer

Curious to see how tomorrow goes for you. We are on the June 15,NYC cruise to nowhere, and I am becoming very excited to hop on the Magic in NYC. Hope you have a great trip.
NJMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:54 PM   #26
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Great report! How did you post pictures from your iPhone, I'd love to know! Have a great trip!
Old 05-25-2012, 11:07 AM   #27
st8y
Mouseketeer

We are here!! The Manhattan traffic was horrendous! The Magic was just coming into port as we were getting here at 11:45. Parking was easy,$280 for the 8 night stay. Our first glimpse of the ship :
[IMG][/IMG]
The port has all the Disney touches... Music, decorations, and Mickey hands!
[IMG][/IMG]
Check-in was very quick. We have boarding pass #9 with an anticipated boarding of 1 pm.
The port is a hive of excitement!
Old 05-25-2012, 11:22 AM   #28
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

How exciting! What was your port arrival time? Just wanting to see if it seems to be tied to your boarding number.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:41 AM   #29
Fatima1922
DIS Veteran

Were there any upgrades available at port?
Fatima1922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:32 PM   #30
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Wooohoo! Love the touch of Disney at the terminal. Have a great time and can't wait to read all about it!
WDW: July 2006 - POR; December 2007 - POP; August 2008 - POP; June 2010 - ASMovies & POP; November 2010 - Global Resort Home; June 2011 - POP; October 2012 - ASMusic; June 2013 - CBR & AoA; October 2014 - Pop
DCL: June 2010 - Wonder; June 2012 - B2B Magic; December 2013/January 2014 - B2B Wonder; March 2014 - Dream; August 2015 - Wonder
ksloane is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: