Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #181
mommy2jarod
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Hot Mama View Post
Wish I was a teenager on your cruise. These are great. Do you have directions on how you made them. I can be creative but need directions. My son has been talking about these cords in Boy Scouts.
I watched a youtube video on paracord braclets...my first 2 were bad but I finally figured it out on the third one....the good thing is you can undo it and start again so there is no waste.
1. cut 16"-18" piece and burn the 2 ends together(that the center cord)
2. cut a 36" piece or (2) 18" if you want a 2 color....and watch the many video to show u how to do a cobra braid.

I got the idea from my son who got a paracord braclet from boy scouts also.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #182
MountainTigger
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all of the FE ideas!
MountainTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2012, 01:28 PM   #183
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyluvsdisney View Post
I need some help. I was thinking as part of my FE gift I want to give every cabin a customized pillow case so they can have it signed. My question is, do I need to include pens? If so, what type of pens? Permanent markers? Fabric markers? Different colors? Or just black?
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgansmom2000 View Post
I would send Sharpies. That's an awesome idea!
If you really want them to be the best, then you should use fabric markers. I have pillow cases signed with sharpies and ones signed with fabric markers and the fabric markers "wear" MUCH better!! JMHO
Oh, and I 'think' that they look better with multiple colors. You don't have to use a bunch of colors but two or three colors on a white pillow case looks SO much better than just Black. Well at least IMO.
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #184
Dream_2011
Mouseketeer

3/12 Disney Fantasy
3/11 Disney Dream
12/09 Disney Wonder
4/07 Disney Magic
2/06 Disney Magic
2/05 Disney Wonder

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...4s2kngmz36.png
Dream_2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #185
Dream_2011
Mouseketeer

just open a facebook page to share picture and idea for fish extender
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/***************/

3/12 Disney Fantasy
3/11 Disney Dream
12/09 Disney Wonder
4/07 Disney Magic
2/06 Disney Magic
2/05 Disney Wonder

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...4s2kngmz36.png
Dream_2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:18 PM   #186
LemonPie
Mouseketeer

I am super excited. I showed my DH some of the FE gifts I had been working on today and he asked me where I bought them I guess they have turned out good. I would tell you all but we don't sail until September (of next year). Ok yes I am starting a little early maybe but it keeps the magic alive.
LemonPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:54 AM   #187
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2jarod View Post
FE gift for teenagers.....keychain
The rainbows keychains for the girls and the blue and red swirls are for the boys....
Paracord(mickey surplus) 7.99 100ft
Mickey Rings Fit Keychain (ebay)
My time.....the fun of making them

Total cost per keychain....$1.25
[IMG]
IMG_2230 by tpers, on Flickr[/IMG]
These are really cool! I may have to adapt this for my girl scout troop...Wonder if I can find trefoil rings...Thanks for the directions!
Old 05-08-2012, 09:19 AM   #188
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

Y'all are so creative. I wasn't thinking of doing anything then I looked at this thread. Would it be dumb if I made deck of card sized first aide kits? I'm graduating nursing school and figure that would be really practical (people on a ship with kids, clumsy people, drunk people, etc). Fit it with a couple Mickey bandaides, alcohol wipes, maybe some gauze? For scrapes really...
kdeans1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:45 AM   #189
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeans1010 View Post
Y'all are so creative. I wasn't thinking of doing anything then I looked at this thread. Would it be dumb if I made deck of card sized first aide kits? I'm graduating nursing school and figure that would be really practical (people on a ship with kids, clumsy people, drunk people, etc). Fit it with a couple Mickey bandaides, alcohol wipes, maybe some gauze? For scrapes really...
Nothing wrong with that idea. That would be nice to have.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #190
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think it's a perfect idea! Target has Mickey and Muppet band-aids right now!
Old 05-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #191
taximom00
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I think that's a great idea.
taximom00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:03 PM   #192
PrinceandPrincess
Show Me the Castle!

Quote:
I did something like this for our first FE, I bought the 1.00 first aid kits that are in the travel size section of the pharmacy, and then I added pooh stickers and with a sharpie wrote Oh bother. People seemed to really like them, they had commented on our meet thread after we got back. You could get favor boxes at the craft store and dress them up with disney stickers, or quotes. Watch for 1/2 off coupons for your local stores, (I have a Michael's and AC Moore) and get a disney scrap book kit, you could use the paper stickers etc to make the little boxes personal. Its really easy even for those who are craft challenged like me! Good luck!

Kim
PrinceandPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #193
LemonPie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I think it is a great idea. I plan on doing something similar, an Alaskan shore excursion emergency kit with disney klenex, hand warmers, bug repelent wipes and maybe Life Saver candies or something. Still working on the details. And congratulations on nursing school. It is a challenge, having done it myself (16 years ago). Can't imagine it has gotten any easier.
LemonPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:10 PM   #194
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceandPrincess View Post
I did something like this for our first FE, I bought the 1.00 first aid kits that are in the travel size section of the pharmacy, and then I added pooh stickers and with a sharpie wrote Oh bother. People seemed to really like them, they had commented on our meet thread after we got back. You could get favor boxes at the craft store and dress them up with disney stickers, or quotes. Watch for 1/2 off coupons for your local stores, (I have a Michael's and AC Moore) and get a disney scrap book kit, you could use the paper stickers etc to make the little boxes personal. Its really easy even for those who are craft challenged like me! Good luck!

Kim
We still have yours! We had to refill them after some time, but they come in really handy!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #195
PrinceandPrincess
Show Me the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
We still have yours! We had to refill them after some time, but they come in really handy!
Hi Karen!

To funny, I just thought of you today! I used a tissue from my mickey holder! My mom has actually made a few so far, she used them as gifts for Easter baskets!

Kim
PrinceandPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: