Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2012, 11:32 PM   #16
eyor44
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesskayla View Post
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy that a fellow Disney addict won a cruise - especially if you have not been on one before. You are in for a magical treat.
Thanks! we can not wait....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
Congrats!! I won a WDW trip in a sweepstakes last year and it is a great feeling. That is the cruise out of NYC right? Do you know when you are going? Make sure you only accept the upgrades you want because they will all go toward the total you will pay taxes on.
I played everyday too. So happy to hear who won!
Thanks! What kind of trip did you win? Yes, out of NYC. Thanks for the tip on the tax/upgrades. I've been thinking about that and wondering how it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
joining in-CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Thank you and welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
Congrats!! I've been playing the Disney Cruise Adventure game...it's such a blast.
Thanks! I know, I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemouse86 View Post
Glad to hear someone won and that you are a Disney Freak like all of us. Enjoy your cruise
Yep, certifiable. That's me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRJen View Post
Congrats...looking forward to hearing more about the sweepstakes and the trip! I am so interested in which upgrades you ended up with in the game!
Thanks! Not sure on the upgrades. I collected them all while playing, but what I have begun receiving is just a bit different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
This is so cool! I can't wait to hear more.

Jill in CO
I'll try to tell it the best I can. Thanks for joining in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicklabs View Post
I can feel your excitement! It's only going to get bigger as the day arrives.
What ship and what sailing will you be going on? Sooooooooo happy for a fellow DIS'er.
I am so excited. You just can't imagine. Info to follow soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
Woo Hooo! Congrats! I am so happy a DISer won.
I've been playing too and it is fun just to play. lol
Thanks! That what I was thinking. I just enjoyed playing the game. I still do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMe View Post
Congratulations but you didn't give us the details on the cruise!! Which ship? How long? What itinerary!!

You are going to LOVE the cruise!!!!!
Thanks! Info following below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjnix29 View Post
That's FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! So very excited for you!!!!!!! Couldn't happen to a nicer person!
Thanks! Awww, you are so sweet to say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciemouse View Post
Congratulations! If it couldn't be me, I'm glad it was another DIS'er! We just took our first cruise on the Wonder in March. I think you'll love DCL!
Thanks! Always makes me happy when I see a Diser win something also.
eyor44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:52 PM   #17
eyor44
DIS Veteran

To answer my own question: Yes, this is very real. And each time I receive another piece of correspondence from Disney, it makes it that much more so.

The guy from the prize company said that it could take up to a week or so for Disney to contact me. It actually only took 4 days.

The first email was a congratulations and gave me three dates to choose from. I was to prioritize the dates and let them know as soon as possible so they could check availability. We were very happy to receive our first choice.

The next day I recieved an email with our confirmation and itinerary attached.
Disney Magic
Sailing July 20
8 nights
New York to Bahamas with stops in Nassau, Castaway Cay and Port Canaveral.
Deluxe Ocean View Room with Verandah on Deck 7
Main Dining seating

Ocean View Room with Verandah!?!? It just keep getting better.

The next email asked me to choose excursions in Nassau and Castaway Cay, two of the upgrades I had won.
Our choices were:
Nassau Port Adventure
o Atlantis Aquadventure for 4 pax ( any available time for each sailing)
o Seaworld Explorer Semi-Submarine for 4 pax (any available time for each sailing)

Castaway Cay Port Adventure
o Castaway Getaway Package for 4 pax (any available time for each sailing)
o Castaway Ray’s Stingray Adventure for 4 pax (any available time for each sailing)

We chose the Atlantis Adventure in Nassau and the Getaway Package at Castaway Cay which includes snorkeling equipment, bike rentals and a couple other things.

Airfare has also been booked, but I won't receive that info until the first week of June.

This all has me a little un-nerved because I am use to handling all of our reservations and details. Not knowing the flights, time, airlines, seats.......
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #18
eyor44
DIS Veteran

Last edited by eyor44; 05-06-2012 at 12:31 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:30 AM   #19
eyor44
DIS Veteran

Details! I need DETAILS!!!! Since Disney is only giving me one piece of information at a time, I think they are trying to draw out the excitement, there is only one thing I can do. Learn everything about this ship and cruise as possible. So, here I am. At the best place possible to find out all of the information I need to know about Disney cruises. The Disboards!

Sure, I have read the Disney Cruise Line web site. Multiple times in fact. I have devoured everything on there about the Magic and have study the ship layout repeatedly. I know exactly where our stateroom is and by the time we actually board, I hope to know exactly where everything is.

But the Dis, this is where I get the "other" important information. I have been lurking, and posting a bit, reading and learning. Everyone here has so much information to share and I really appreciate that. I'm going in blind here and need all the help I can get.

Here is some information about our family. There are four of us going on this cruise. Can you believe the trip is for 4?!?!
Me, the mom and total Disney Freak and addict. At work I am known as the resident Disney Info Center. At least once a week I will get a call or email asking questions. I am just happy being at Disney. Doesn't matter why I am there or what I am doing, I'm just happy to be there.

Then we have DH. He likes Disney, but in a different way. He is more or less amusing me. But he knows if I'm in Disney, then I'm not worried about work. Also, he discovered Disney golf. If he gets to golf a couple times while we are there, he's good and he loves going on the different tours they have.

Next is DS17. He is very close to being a Disney Freak. He plans to apply for the college program and when he graduates from college, work at Disney.

Last we have DD9. She has been raised at Disney. At age 7 she knew the transportation system well and one night explained to me the best way to get from HS to MK was by taking the bus to the Contemporary and then the monorail over to MK. Yep, I have taught her well. The only park she needs to use a map in is AK and I think she has that one down pretty good. I once wondered if perhaps we were taking them too much (once or twice a year) and then on our last trip, DD took my hand, laid her head on my shoulder and said with a sigh, "I just love being here."
Old 05-06-2012, 03:44 AM   #20
kerrydisney46
Earning My Ears

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyor44 View Post

Last we have DD9. DD took my hand, laid her head on my shoulder and said with a sigh, "I just love being here."
Cute!

Congrats on the trip, 8 nts, free excursions and airfare included! Sounds like a whole lotta fun!

Enjoy!!!
kerrydisney46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:05 AM   #21
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Taxes

The "official rules" gives you an estimated value of the trip. However, they calculate the "actual" value after they book everything. We won a trip for 3nights that included airfare, park tickets, deluxe hotel (we stayed at the Poly) and $200 gift card. We added 3 nights at our own expense. The "estimated" value was $3500 but the "actual" value ended up being just over $4000 and that is what we had to pay taxes on. It is worth pricing out the trip on your own (as cheaply as possible) and keeping records because if you can show that you could have booked it cheaper, they have to adjust the tax documentation. Here is a good article to read http://contests.about.com/od/taxesfi...pstakestax.htm

Have a blast planning!

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:58 AM   #22
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Very cool, and loving the thread!
Old 05-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #23
Tommys Mommy
Mouseketeer

This is awesome!! I cannot wait to read more about your upcoming cruise!
Disney Dream: June 2012; June 2014
Tommys Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #24
jns
Tries hard to get the jelly off Jaffa Cakes without breaking it!!!!

congratulations enjoy the planning
2007 Animal Kingdom , Disney Magic , Saratoga Springs,NYC
2008 DLRP Santa Fa , Beachclub Villas, Wilderness Lodge ,Disney Magic and New York

2009 BayLake Towers, Beachclub Villas and Disney Wonder 2011 Disney Magic, Mediterranean Cruise, Old Key West2012 Los Vegas, Grand Calf and San Fran 2013 Disney fantasy , Wilderness Lodge and Vero Beach

We now know the secert too!! Trip report 2006 Trip Report 2008 WDW / DCL
jns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #25
Britard
Mouseketeer

I am so excited to read all the info that you have posted!!! I played the game too, and I am so happy to read about you winning and what kind of upgrades you chose.

So happy that all us DISboarders get to read your experience!

Me DH DD DD DS

Disney Trips
2011- January (POP), March (AS sports), April (POR), May (ASMu), August (CSR)
2010- February (POP), April (ASMu), May (ASMo), September (POP), October (AS sports), December (ASMo)
2009- April, August (ASMu), November (FW)
2000- November Honeymoon (CSR)
1997-June (CBR)
And many numerous visits as a kid-mostly at FW
Britard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:59 PM   #26
awtigger
Mouseketeer

Congratulations....

Can't wait till hear more.

My 1st Disneyland Visit July 22nd, 1986 (9yrs)
DD 1st Disneyland Visit May 5, 2000 (7mos)
Disneyland at least 30 times over the years, And many more to come
1st Disney Cruise - Wonder 4 Night May 2-6, 2010
2nd Disney Cruise - Dream 4 Night Oct 7-11, 2013 (Surprise Birthday Cruise)
awtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:45 PM   #27
eyor44
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrydisney46 View Post
Cute!

Congrats on the trip, 8 nts, free excursions and airfare included! Sounds like a whole lotta fun!

Enjoy!!!
Thank you. Yes, I really can't believe all that is included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
The "official rules" gives you an estimated value of the trip. However, they calculate the "actual" value after they book everything. We won a trip for 3nights that included airfare, park tickets, deluxe hotel (we stayed at the Poly) and $200 gift card. We added 3 nights at our own expense. The "estimated" value was $3500 but the "actual" value ended up being just over $4000 and that is what we had to pay taxes on. It is worth pricing out the trip on your own (as cheaply as possible) and keeping records because if you can show that you could have booked it cheaper, they have to adjust the tax documentation. Here is a good article to read http://contests.about.com/od/taxesfi...pstakestax.htm

Have a blast planning!
Thank you for the information and web site. I really appreciate your taking the time to post it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzia View Post
Very cool, and loving the thread!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommys Mommy View Post
This is awesome!! I cannot wait to read more about your upcoming cruise!
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jns View Post
congratulations enjoy the planning
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britard View Post
I am so excited to read all the info that you have posted!!! I played the game too, and I am so happy to read about you winning and what kind of upgrades you chose.

So happy that all us DISboarders get to read your experience!
Thank you. I'm excited to be able to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtigger View Post
Congratulations....

Can't wait till hear more.
Thanks for joining in.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:06 PM   #28
eyor44
DIS Veteran

For the past 4 years, we have spent Thanksgiving at WDW. Yes, it is crowded, but we used to go every couple of years in October, with DS in secondary school, we weren't comfortable taking him out any more. So Thanksgiving it was. We enjoy it and our time there with the kids. Occasionally someone else joins us, but we are really happy when it is just the four of us.

When the date was decided, DH looked at his vacation schedule and realized he wouldn't have the time to do both. We also have our Memorial Day trips and another summer trip to the mountains with his family. So, we decided to cancel our Thanksgiving trip for this year.

But.....we have something completly new this year and we will be at WDW in January for the marathon. It'll be okay.........Right?
Old 05-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #29
kerrydisney46
Earning My Ears

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyor44 View Post
It'll be okay.........Right?
Sounds okay to me!
kerrydisney46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:43 PM   #30
JoshAndEvsMom
Mouseketeer

Oh my gosh! That's amazing, congratulations on the win! Thanks for doing a PTR and, I hope, a TR ?? Looking forward to hearing about your adventure!
How DH Saved Mother's Day with a SURPRISE Trip to WDW! 2012 July PTR
JoshAndEvsMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: