Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #16
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

we arent big on breakfast. Not usually hungry until 2 hours after we wakeup. Although usually I will try to get my son to eat a granola/cereal bar while getting ready. if he doesnt want a granola bar, whenever my son says he's hungry, we'll grab something in the parks. I always bring a few treats from home to save money. as i said, cereal bars, fruit snacks, crackers, etc. there are some good bfast options in the parks. esp MK (MK bakery). and epcot (france bakery). HS (starring rolls). Yummy!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #17
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Maybe we're bad, but we have our coffee and off we go - breakfast that early is NOT a biggie for us. We usually grab fast passes, go on one main ride, then take a break and eat some type of food. If we're at MK, it's to MS bakery we go, for our most delicious cinnamon roll. Epcot, we love, love, the berry croissant bread pudding with a little syrup drizzled over it at Sunshine Seasons. Otherwise, whatever, sometimes go straight to a lunch hey, it's vacation No rules, just right
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2012, 05:00 PM   #18
Hooves
Mouseketeer

Before we had the DDP we'd go off-property early and grab breakfast in one of the many chain restaurants and still make it to rope drop.
With the DDP we find that a sit down breakfast would be far too much food for us so we usually buy Fruit Loops from Walmart and eat these for breakfast in our room.
If we have a breakfast ADR they're usually at 8am in the park we intend to visit that day so we're always out just before rope drop
We find that breakfast seems to be a forgotten concept in Disney xD
Pop Century- December 2004/January 2005
All Star Movies- August 2005
Pop Century- August 2007
Old Key West- August 2010
Old Key West- July/August 2012
Coronado Springs- August 2014
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #19
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

We normally stay at Kidani Village. I wake up and get ready before everyone else since I am the only female in my family. Once I am ready, I wake up my DH and 2 sons. We normally bring little boxes of cereal for the boys. They bring it with them to snack on throughout the day (it goes in a ziploc before we leave the room). I walk over to Jambo House to get a couple of pastries for my DH and I while they get ready. By the time I return, the boys are dressed and eating. Depending on the time, my DH and I will either eat before we leave or bring it with us and eat while we wait for RD.

Brave teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #20
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
Maybe we're bad, but we have our coffee and off we go - breakfast that early is NOT a biggie for us. We usually grab fast passes, go on one main ride, then take a break and eat some type of food. If we're at MK, it's to MS bakery we go, for our most delicious cinnamon roll. Epcot, we love, love, the berry croissant bread pudding with a little syrup drizzled over it at Sunshine Seasons. Otherwise, whatever, sometimes go straight to a lunch hey, it's vacation No rules, just right
LOL! this is us too! we never make breakfast a prirority. As i said, if he's hungry when he's getting ready he knows where the cereal bars are. otherwise, i wait for him to tell me when he's hungry. and he WILL tell me. lol. we just get ready, and go! ... if we have a lunch adr i will try to get him to eat something in the morning. but otherwise i dont bother arguing with him.

he always waits til we get to the parks cause he knows they have better food. lol.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:34 PM   #21
cablguy2
Earning My Ears

Poptarts are awesome.. lol Also a pack of nabs to hold you over.
cablguy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #22
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
we have Garden Grocer deliver morning stuff for us. We eat while we are getting ready. Food court at that time of morning is super crowded.

We get bagels, or cereal, pop tarts (easy portable stuf)
Same here. This is a huge time saver in the morning.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:33 PM   #23
si-am
DIS Veteran

We usually eat something small (bagel, croissant or yogurt) in the food court very early, then catch the bus for rope drop.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #25
MrsLS
DIS Veteran

When we didn't have or don't have a kitchen in the DVC rooms, we would buy a muffin the night before & sometimes even get coffee, put it in the fridge to have cold the next morning. We also bring granola bars from home and sometimes have those for breakfast.

MrsLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #26
Meetmeinmontauk
DIS Veteran

We take our bagels/bread with us to the food court to toast them & fill up our reusable mugs & head to the bus stop afterward!

May 2011 - Pop Century August/September 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside October 2014 - Port Orleans French Quarter November 2015 - Art of Animation

Meetmeinmontauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #27
glaserjm
DIS Veteran

We always do breakfast in room except for checkout day when we visit Olivia's! Because we stay DVC we have access to a kitchen or kitchenette if we're staying in a studio, so we have granola, yogurt, eggs, toast, etc. and then usually each have piece of fruit while we walk to the bus. Another great thing is having a magic bullet type thing, as we will make a smoothie and put that in our mug in the morning and take it on the bus with us!

glaserjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:58 PM   #28
ttintagel
DIS Veteran

Granola bars or PB&J. Eating them gives you something to do while you're waiting for the rope drop.
ttintagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #29
Lauralooneyfordisney
DIS Veteran

We usually buy something the night before from MSB or one of the countries in Epcot that we want to eat for breakfast the next morning. There are so many pastries or fruit stuff to choose from. It is fast, easy and you don't have to leave the room so you have more time to get ready and be there for rope drop which is always fun.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: