Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #31
Nancy F
DIS Veteran

Because it brings me Great Joy. Those are the only words for it. I love being there. I love collecting Disney art. My house looks like a toy store.
Nancy
Old 05-05-2012, 12:34 PM   #32
appleorchard
DIS Veteran

I like that line. It brings me great joy. It's a bubble--a magic bubble. I let the real world, with all its concerns, fall away when I'm at Disney. I've been a lot of places all over the world and my DH has been literally everywhere in 33 years as an air force pilot. No location on earth is like Disney for us. Somehow, Walt--even though he never set foot there-- infused it with magic.
appleorchard is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #33
MouseEarsForAll
Oh snap! I get to hold the trophy?!

These stories are awesome...

Walt Disney World - 2004

Walt Disney World - 2005

Disclaimer: Now, you tell me McD's is coming back, I'm a passionate "Uh, yeah!"

MouseEarsForAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #34
Paradise18
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomiTo2SwtGuys View Post
When I step on property I can feel the MAGIC. I love all the memories I have made with my family there.

Disney is the only vacation that I have ever taken and not thought about work, bills, pets at home, etc........ while I am gone.
This is how I feel too.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:55 PM   #35
grammimouse
Mouseketeer

Because I can go to another world , that is full of love , joy and happiness without leaving the planet. Once thru those turnstiles you forget "all the rest". We all have that inner need to enjoy childhood , no matter how old we are.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #36
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
It's the ideal place to be a kid with my kid.
I don't think I'm obsessed, but this really explains why I love it so much. Just put an s on the word kid since I have two and there you have it.

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
May 2014: Best trip yet. Working on the TR
luvmy2babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #37
Cinderella's slipper
A cross between Cinderella and Winnie the Pooh - "uniquely me"

Why?

Why? A care-free feeling of being filled with child like wonder. Walking under the arches of the Main Street Railroad Station, I am instantly transformed, "disneyfied", perhaps. Purely Magical!

Linda ~~WDW Commando Club #200
October 1982 offsite -- October 1986 offsite
Many trips in between -POFQ -- Disney World Land & Sea Cruise Poly, Sept 2001 -- POR, Sept 2002 -- Disneyland, Aug 2005 --Shades of Green, Feb 2008 -- Dreams Come True Trip, AKL, Oct 2009 --POFQ, Sept 2011 -- Pop Century, Oct 2012 -- Offsite, March 2014 an all girls trip.
Cinderella's slipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #38
tinkbyday
DIS Veteran

I didn't have a great childhood - had to grow up much faster than many children do.

Disney lets me live out my childhood, if only for a few days without judgement or embarrassment. I also get to enjoy the fun and laughter with my daughter and provide those wonderful childhood memories that she will carry for a lifetime.

Dec 09 YC CL Jan 09 YC Apr '08 WL and POR Jan '07 BWI Nov '05 Swan Oct '03 CBR
tinkbyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #39
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

We can all be "kids" no matter what our ages. Because we started going with our children not long after MK opened, we have "grown" with the parks and feel so "at home" there. It's a very clean place, and we feel like every "safety" is put on rides, transportation, staying at the resorts, getting to and from areas within the parks. After going there, we NEVER go to small carnivals, state fairs (we live in the same area as our state fair), etc. mainly because we don't "feel" safe. Also, have you ever really looked at what they hire temporarily to run those rides??? No, thank you, Disney, it is
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:03 PM   #40
hebbynan
Chase and Eli's Mom

I grew up watching the Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday nights with my entire family. My family didn't have a lot of money growing up, so we never went to WDW, but Mr. Disney was always talked about. When I got married, DH and I first went to WDW with friends of ours who happened to have a time share in Kissimmee. We were hooked!! It's the only place where you can go and feel free to act like a child - relieve memories from your past and make new ones. We've taken our boys several times and each trip is new adventure with wonderful memories made! It truly is the most MAGICAL place on earth!

WL 2013*ASMo 2011/2010/2006*FW 2007**SoG 2000*Off Site 1998

No Ticker...
hebbynan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:17 PM   #41
B.B. Sots
Nope! Wrong Again!

Hero worship.... Walt Disney

Started with a thesis I had to do in school. I became obsessed with Walt's life and have never looked back. (thankfully my wife encourages this habit)

Just so happens that I also enjoy the simple (albeit expensive) pleasure that going to WDW brings. For the length of our vacation... my entire family can switch off our pressures and let Uncle Walt live through us.
B.B. Sots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #42
tinkerhon
DIS Veteran

Its an Escape from Reality !!!
tinkerhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #43
Batch
Mouseketeer

WDW is part of my family history. My mother's family moved to Orlando in the 60s and when WDW opened, my great-grandmother worked as a pastry chef at the Contemporary. They had a preview day for the families of cast members and so my mother and her family got to experience the Magic Kingdom before it's grand opening. If anyone asks about it, she tells them about how HM scared her so badly that she actually chewed holes in her shirt while on the ride! She really believed a ghost was going to follow her home. Fast forward a decade later and my mom performed at Disney in high school. She was even going to take part in the big opening for BTMRR but had to pull out when her grandfather died.

When she and her sister started having kids, they bought season passes and we went all the time. My mom has my first trip marked in my baby book. I was only ten months old. My mom even won a car from Disney when I was 2 years old (for the 15th anniversary celebration, I think). Now, I'm an annual passholder and because my family is local, I get to make frequent trips to my favorite place.

So, why do I love it? Because it's about family and memories for me. I don't just feel like a kid at Disney because of the princesses and Mickey and all of that. I feel like a kid because every time I turn a corner, I'm reminded of some sort of childhood memory. It was a second home for us while we were growing up. Now, it's a bond we all share. I'm leaving for my first trip to Disneyland in 8 days (!!) and while I know I'll love it, nothing will ever top WDW because it will always feel like home.
Batch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney, magic, memories, obsessed, wdw

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: