Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #16
Sorcerer Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo93 View Post
One thing you can do is get the 'First Visit' buttons, from City hall. It's free and a fun little keepsake for her
I'm thinking the CM's would get a kick out of seeing someone my Mom's age having that..so that's a must!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBudgie View Post
If it was me, I'd take her to Fantasyland first. Peter Pan, SW, Toad, and then over to IASW. Then over to HM and Jungle Cruise. Also POTC while over there to avoid a lot of extra walking. Later on, the DL train and Lincoln. A sit down lunch at Cafe Orleans might be a nice break. The subs are cute and a classic DL attration (even if re-done) if she can go down the stairs in the sub. That is a long slow line though. The Pooh ride is also cute, but rather far back in the park. You could do lunch at the Hungry Bear instead and have a nice relaxing meal by the water, then head over to Pooh.

At DCA, I'd stop by the Animation building, Monsters, and maybe Aladdin if it was running. To me, DL would be the priority though because of its history.

Oh, a picture with a character would be a fun souvenier to take home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie63 View Post
First thing in the morning go to the train station at the main entrance and see if the Lily Belle will be available.That would certainly be extra special and the give you a time to return so no waiting around.

Almost forgot about the train, thank you!! We're always so crazy getting the rides in when we're there with the kids, we miss it most of the time. My Mom would LOVE it

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispin41 View Post
That would be my suggestion as well. And then head into FantasyLand. A Meal at the Blue Bayou would be nice, and of course, don't forget to get her a set of Mickey Ears!! (I like the classic ears, but whatever you choose, I'd get her name embroidered on them as well.)
Mickey Ears for sure and I agree that the classic would be best - those are my favorite too I'll call the hotel and maybe see if I can have them waiting for her at check-in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiemomof3 View Post
Def do the tiki tiki room!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineapplePrincessCA View Post
Take the train around the park! When I was a child, we always used to do this first. Such a great way to pick up on the energy of the park!!

These are all wonderful - thank you!!! Anyone have suggestions or thoughts for dinner. I'd like to take her to see WOC - has anyone done the premier dining at Ariel's Grotto or Wine Country Trat. and is it worth it?

WDW: 2001, 2008, 2011 DL: 2002, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07,08, 09, 11, 12, 13 DCL: 6/15/08, our 1st Magical Cruise, DCL: 1/2/10, our 2nd MAGICal Cruise, DCL: 1/2/12, our 3rd WONDERful Cruise,; DCL: 6/23/12 our FANTASY cruise, DCL: 8/4/14 WONDERful Alaskan Adventure
Sorcerer Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: