Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2012, 12:02 AM   #1
antlane
Earning My Ears

Hotels near Vista Way?

I need a hotel near Vista Way, that isn't too expensive/far. Anyone know of any?
antlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:46 AM   #2
mattthemickeyman
Earning My Ears

There is a Holiday Inn directly across the street from Vista Way. Prices were about $75 a night when I looked a few weeks ago... they may be higher or lower now not sure.

Here is the actual address to the resort:
13351 State Road 535, Orlando, FL 32821

And here is a pic from Google Maps. The A marker is the hotel and as you can see right across the street is Vista Way.

Also Disney is running some good end of spring deals on their value resorts. I booked my room at the All-Star Music Resort for $105 and I'm going to play at the parks a little the day before check in using the resort transportation buses.
The only problem with staying here it is about a $20 cab ride to Vista Way.

Hope this helps a little!
mattthemickeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2012, 02:07 AM   #3
ladypage
And that's how the story about me sleeping with the entire Polish national basketball team started

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerdaMcEwen View Post
not clear about it.
What?

OP, that Holiday Inn is great, I would suggest it if you can't do the Disney Hotel. Honestly, I'm glad I stayed there instead. it's within walking distance, the people are extremely friendly, and there are a lot of discounts available. I know I was originally quoted at $85 for the night, but I only ended up paying $64 after taxes. AAA discount or something or other. I know a lot of CP's were staying there the night before check-in, I met quite a few on the shuttle there, and in the lobby. It was nice.

I will suggest though, don't leave your bags with them when you go to check in. If you're the unlucky fool like me, you'll bet stuck there for awhile, and rushed to do everything else at the same time. It was about 4 pm before I was able to go back and get them, and even then it was a running dash the whole way there and back, with two large suitcases and my laptop I looked like a fool.

Former Epcot CM

PROUD MEMBER OF
GIRAFFE WATCH 2012

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009176
ladypage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #4
mrsxsparrow
DIS Veteran

If you're flying in and won't have a car, check out the Disney Value resorts. I looked at the Holiday Inn, but once you factor in the cost of the shuttle from the airport, it was cheaper for me to stay at a Disney Value resort. With the new summer discount that just came out it comes to $69 and includes the Magical Express free (to get from the airport to hotel). If you stay at the All Stars the taxi should only run about $12, including tip. Cheaper than staying at the Holiday Inn and paying for the airport shuttle, plus it's all Disney-fied.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #5
mvazul
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsxsparrow View Post
If you're flying in and won't have a car, check out the Disney Value resorts. I looked at the Holiday Inn, but once you factor in the cost of the shuttle from the airport, it was cheaper for me to stay at a Disney Value resort. With the new summer discount that just came out it comes to $69 and includes the Magical Express free (to get from the airport to hotel). If you stay at the All Stars the taxi should only run about $12, including tip. Cheaper than staying at the Holiday Inn and paying for the airport shuttle, plus it's all Disney-fied.
Okay - what summer discount???
mvazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:32 AM   #6
mrsxsparrow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvazul View Post
Okay - what summer discount???
The special offers can be found here.

I'm not sure when your move in date is. Mine is August 20th, so I'm using the discount found here.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #7
amsae
Earning My Ears

My Daughter is reporting on Aug 20th as well. She is looking for a roommate.
amsae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #8
mvazul
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsxsparrow View Post
The special offers can be found here.

I'm not sure when your move in date is. Mine is August 20th, so I'm using the discount found here.
Thank you! I just looked and it won't work for me. I move in June 11th - last weekend for Star Wars Weekend.
mvazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #9
mrsxsparrow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvazul View Post
Thank you! I just looked and it won't work for me. I move in June 11th - last weekend for Star Wars Weekend.
Wow that's soon! I'm a little jealous I have to wait so long. (I'm doing other stuff this summer though, so the wait shouldn't be too bad.) If you're a AAA member, they might have a discount available. But you have to call Disney. I had a room booked with a AAA discount before this special came out and it was only about $10 more.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:22 AM   #10
ANNABETH
Mouseketeer

Suitcases???

I'm confused. My daughter is checking in on 8/29 and if she's staying at the All Stars and takes a cab to Vista with her luggage, what does she do with the luggage while she waits to check-in. Do they have a place to store luggage until she gets her room? Or is she going to have to drag luggage around with her until she gets into her place?
ANNABETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:54 AM   #11
mattthemickeyman
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNABETH View Post
I'm confused. My daughter is checking in on 8/29 and if she's staying at the All Stars and takes a cab to Vista with her luggage, what does she do with the luggage while she waits to check-in. Do they have a place to store luggage until she gets her room? Or is she going to have to drag luggage around with her until she gets into her place?
No worries. They have an area for us to store our luggage at Vista Way during the check-in process.
mattthemickeyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: