Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 05:20 AM   #2341
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gis View Post
I'd be up for a west coast meet sometime. Probably not in June though..
Definitely not June probably not July or August. Summer is too hot/crowded for my liking. haha. Thinking maybe September if anyone would be interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
I am completely out of vacation time sadly, somehow I went from starting the year with almost no plans to having 2 (possibly 3) planned Disney trips, a ski/Denver trip, a trip to the Virgin Islands, and a cruise.
Wow! Wish I could afford to travel like that!
Old 05-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #2342
DefLepard
<3 Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinscreen View Post
I hate money.
May I have all the money you 'hate' transferred to my account

Even the small bills you feel bitter towards, I will gladly take off your hands
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2012, 10:06 AM   #2343
erinscreen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefLepard View Post
May I have all the money you 'hate' transferred to my account

Even the small bills you feel bitter towards, I will gladly take off your hands
Ok ok, fair enough
Old 05-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #2344
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
I am completely out of vacation time sadly, somehow I went from starting the year with almost no plans to having 2 (possibly 3) planned Disney trips, a ski/Denver trip, a trip to the Virgin Islands, and a cruise.
You suck....

Quote:
I am going to WDW June 1. I want to go to Comic Con but I don't think I can handle two trips this summer with another solo trip in October. I hate money.

I love money.... i can never seem to get enough of it though.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #2345
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
you didn't save any time to come to the east coast meet..???

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:06 PM   #2346
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
you didn't save any time to come to the east coast meet..???
Maybe if you ask nicely she'll think about flying in Friday night after work and back in time for work on Monday.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:16 PM   #2347
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Maybe. I know the Diva is currently at Disney (She's taunting me with Dole Whip texts!).... so I'd expect her to chime in when she gets back.

What about you other East Coaster's (And I guess I should also include Texas and other central US peeps who'd like to attend...)? Any preferences on WHEN to do the regional meet this summer? Or ideas on what you'd like to do?
I'm here!! As for taunting you....I was just thinking about my PA men and wanted to share with you

Old 05-04-2012, 03:05 PM   #2348
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone. Hugs to all. Sorry I haven't been here in a few days. Its been smiles for life the past few days, however, I now have to probably fight a rehire battle. Not one I am looking forward to. Didn't know it was coming. If the issues come up I am moving back to Las Vegas and taking my old job. Its life and the way it works.

On another note, I will be in Orlando this Saturday to attend a bridal shower. Talk to you all later.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
Old 05-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #2349
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
I'm here!! As for taunting you....I was just thinking about my PA men and wanted to share with you
Sooooo....

Opinions or thoughts on the East Coast meet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
Hello everyone. Hugs to all. Sorry I haven't been here in a few days. Its been smiles for life the past few days, however, I now have to probably fight a rehire battle. Not one I am looking forward to. Didn't know it was coming. If the issues come up I am moving back to Las Vegas and taking my old job. Its life and the way it works.

On another note, I will be in Orlando this Saturday to attend a bridal shower. Talk to you all later.
Ugh...

Good luck!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #2350
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
I'll probably be going on Saturday. Not sure entirely when i'll get there though.

I'll make sure i keep an eye out for the hooper's though since I know you'll likely be close by.

Not sure how many days I'd be able to take off since I'm planning a full 1.5 weeks in Florida in October. That might limit my ability to do Knoebels AND Hershey.

Nice a week and 1/2 in Florida. I am hoping to get there for 4 or 5 days.

Quote:

All sound fantastic. Is one of those trips to WDW planned for October? Would love to meet you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post

I will send you a FB message tomorrow. Hugs to you! Enjoy the shower!

What does everyone have planned for the weekend? I was invited to an out of town Cinco de Mayo party, unfortunately I can't attend so will be celebrating closer to home! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Old 05-04-2012, 10:20 PM   #2351
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's Mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York.
This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico.But as we know, the great ...ship did not make it to New York. The ship hit an iceberg and sank, and the cargo was forever lost.
The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning,which they still observe to this day. The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known, of course,as:

Sinko de Mayo.

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:22 PM   #2352
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
!

What does everyone have planned for the weekend?
I'm going to Spoutwod farms tomorrow to the Faerie Festival, I'll be shooting faeries all day

Old 05-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #2353
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's Mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York.
This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico.But as we know, the great ...ship did not make it to New York. The ship hit an iceberg and sank, and the cargo was forever lost.
The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning,which they still observe to this day. The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known, of course,as:

Sinko de Mayo.
Oh my gosh! That was awesome! I totally thought you were serious until I got to the Sinko de Mayo!!!! I honestly have no idea what the 5th of May means to the Hispanic community, to me it just means my mother's birthday! I'm assuming it has something to do with Saints or with the Church originally.
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
Old 05-05-2012, 07:59 AM   #2354
erinscreen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
I honestly have no idea what the 5th of May means to the Hispanic community, to me it just means my mother's birthday! I'm assuming it has something to do with Saints or with the Church originally.
It celebrates the success to a Mexican battle (Battle of Puebla). I would say probably the closest relative to a celebration like this would be Bastille Day--although that was a little more independence. It is basically a day to celebrate Mexican heritage.

Last edited by erinscreen; 05-05-2012 at 08:03 AM. Reason: forgot the name of the battle so I wiki'd it
Old 05-05-2012, 08:09 AM   #2355
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It celebrates the success to a Mexican battle (Battle of Puebla). I would say probably the closest relative to a celebration like this would be Bastille Day--although that was a little more independence. It is basically a day to celebrate Mexican heritage.
Oh! I was way off then. Thanks for clearing that up for. I'm familiar with Bastille Day (I'm a French teacher )
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: