Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
PrincessAli
DIS Veteran

Location: 'Walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA'

A Shades of Green Parking Question???

My husband and I visit Disney at least once and usually twice a year. He is retired US Navy and each visit we normally spend a few days at SOG as well as the other Disney resorts. Last year, while at SOG we drove to the Animal Kingdom as this is something we prefer to do rather than the bus. At the entrance we were told that they did not accept SOG resort guests for free parking. Luckily we have AP's so we used that instead. Previously I thought that Disney honored the SOG resort for free parking--possibly I was wrong. I forgot to ask at the resort desk about this. Wondering if anyone else knows the answer. Thanks.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
heyitsmejosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAli View Post
My husband and I visit Disney at least once and usually twice a year. He is retired US Navy and each visit we normally spend a few days at SOG as well as the other Disney resorts. Last year, while at SOG we drove to the Animal Kingdom as this is something we prefer to do rather than the bus. At the entrance we were told that they did not accept SOG resort guests for free parking. Luckily we have AP's so we used that instead. Previously I thought that Disney honored the SOG resort for free parking--possibly I was wrong. I forgot to ask at the resort desk about this. Wondering if anyone else knows the answer. Thanks.
no they dont, you still get EMH's and things like that but no free parking, lucky i have the AP as well.

the bus system at SOG isnt bad for epcot or MK but its a pain for the other to parks. a good way around that is if you dont feel like waiting forever for the bus that only comes once an hour just take a bus to TTC and hop on their every 20 minute shuttle there.
heyitsmejosh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2012, 10:27 PM   #3
matheke
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsmejosh View Post
no they dont, you still get EMH's and things like that but no free parking, lucky i have the AP as well.

the bus system at SOG isnt bad for epcot or MK but its a pain for the other to parks. a good way around that is if you dont feel like waiting forever for the bus that only comes once an hour just take a bus to TTC and hop on their every 20 minute shuttle there.
If our feet aren't killing us we take the bus to the Poly and walk back and or the bus to GF or Contemporary and monorail to ttc and back. Just depends which bus shows up first.
matheke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:14 AM   #4
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

The used to accept Shades of Green parking for free parking but they switched too not accepting it a few years ago. It switched maybe 2 years ago at this point but we have occasionally had someone wave us through without showing our APs when we have the SOG parking pass.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:56 AM   #5
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlovew View Post
The used to accept Shades of Green parking for free parking but they switched too not accepting it a few years ago. It switched maybe 2 years ago at this point but we have occasionally had someone wave us through without showing our APs when we have the SOG parking pass.
I understand that SoG had to pay for the privilege, and many of their guests admitted in a survey that they just didn't use the parking reciprocity enough to make it worthwhile. It's all in the SoG megathread on the resorts board.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:27 AM   #6
PrincessAli
DIS Veteran

Location: 'Walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA'

When we stay at Shades, we normally just walk to the POLY and take the Monorail from there.. We do it even if we are heading to (MGM)--Hollywood Studios, just walk through EPCOT onto the boat--its a long trip, but we go sooften, we don't mind. The only park we drive to is AK--so had no idea that they weren't accepting SOG parking passes. Thanks for your help. Thank goodness we have AP's. This year maybe we'll just wait to visit AK until we are at the Beach Club.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: