DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 05:53 PM   #16
wdwfan1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,341

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphamousbr View Post
We will be checked in Old Key West soon . Can anyone tell us how wifi access work at OKW ? Thank you .
When we were there in January, it was terrible. The wired service was much better. Hope it has improved.
__________________


wdwfan1

I have been boo'd by wisbucky!
wdwfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #17
beachclub
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 327

why does everyone blame the onsite network for the problem
Maybe its your laptops or tablets that is the problem.
Last week we were at the end of the beach club and both my laptop
and tablet and phone had fine connections.
If people have old wireless cards or old laptops then the signal strength
to YOUR card could be the bottleneck...
I know, everyone will come back and say how they have the top of the line
wireless cards at 2g or 5g strength...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwfan1 View Post
When we were there in January, it was terrible. The wired service was much better. Hope it has improved.
beachclub is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-05-2012, 10:08 AM   #18
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples
 
DebbieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: PA
Posts: 47,270

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachclub View Post
why does everyone blame the onsite network for the problem
Maybe its your laptops or tablets that is the problem.
Last week we were at the end of the beach club and both my laptop
and tablet and phone had fine connections.
If people have old wireless cards or old laptops then the signal strength
to YOUR card could be the bottleneck...
I know, everyone will come back and say how they have the top of the line
wireless cards at 2g or 5g strength...
Just got home from BWV. Had no problem with my laptop. However, my friend who has a tablet had some difficulties with droppped signals.
__________________
DebbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #19
disneynutz


Earning My Ears One At A Time
 
disneynutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 18,156

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachclub View Post
why does everyone blame the onsite network for the problem
Maybe its your laptops or tablets that is the problem.
Last week we were at the end of the beach club and both my laptop
and tablet and phone had fine connections.
If people have old wireless cards or old laptops then the signal strength
to YOUR card could be the bottleneck...
I know, everyone will come back and say how they have the top of the line
wireless cards at 2g or 5g strength...
Used a laptop, iPad, and iPhone at 4 different WDW resorts and the WiFi pretty much sucked. We don't have the the same problems or speed issues at other hotels, hot spots, or at home.

Bill
__________________

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #20
Best Aunt
"That's the best-est present ever!"
 
Best Aunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,956

love my iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
Used a laptop, iPad, and iPhone at 4 different WDW resorts and the WiFi pretty much sucked. We don't have the the same problems or speed issues at other hotels, hot spots, or at home.

Bill
I agree with Bill. (Hey, didn't I just say that the other day in another thread?)

My iPad 2 works great at home. I posted earlier about the problems I had using it with the free WiFi at BCV in March.
__________________


Best Aunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.