Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2012, 04:22 AM   #46
GAN
DIS Veteran

Location: Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
Didja ever have an appliance / machine / car that never worked right and you finally realized that you were spending more time trying to make it work / keep it running than it was really worth?
For Pete's sake, this is America. You're suppose to throw it out and buy a new one!
GAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:19 AM   #47
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body

Quote:
Originally Posted by javamoma View Post
Yes, way off topic but agree it is fun to listen to them all! I began listening to the podcast the week Bob died and when new podcasts did not come out fast enough I decided to download the oldies. At that point I felt like I got "caught up" on the group. Then last summer I decided to start over and listen to them all again! I did it so I could remember who said what about different resorts/attractions/etc to plan my upcomming trip. But it does get confusing because one minute you are hearing Pete say Napa Rose is the best place ever. And then I listen to a new podcast full of rants about the place (or vice versa depending on which time period is current and old. I feel like I am explaining time travel!). What would be nice is some kind of database where we could search archives of podcast for a topic like, "The Contemporary". And it would pull up all episodes where the Contemporary was discussed. Then you could listen to all of them and know which one was most current. Wow, how much work would it take to devise a database like that! One can dream though!

The predictions are fun to note. Only a handful were way off base.
There is an older episode Spreadsheet on this board somewhere that breaks-up the episodes by time.

There is also a thread that has content broken down by show thru Early 2011...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2405156

k5jmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:32 AM   #48
BooToYou7
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by javamoma View Post
Yes, way off topic but agree it is fun to listen to them all! I began listening to the podcast the week Bob died and when new podcasts did not come out fast enough I decided to download the oldies. At that point I felt like I got "caught up" on the group. Then last summer I decided to start over and listen to them all again! I did it so I could remember who said what about different resorts/attractions/etc to plan my upcomming trip. But it does get confusing because one minute you are hearing Pete say Napa Rose is the best place ever. And then I listen to a new podcast full of rants about the place (or vice versa depending on which time period is current and old. I feel like I am explaining time travel!). What would be nice is some kind of database where we could search archives of podcast for a topic like, "The Contemporary". And it would pull up all episodes where the Contemporary was discussed. Then you could listen to all of them and know which one was most current. Wow, how much work would it take to devise a database like that! One can dream though!

The predictions are fun to note. Only a handful were way off base.
If you download the podcasts through iTunes, you can go to the Podcast menu under your Library and search for a topic in the search field in the upper right hand corner. If the topic is listed in the show description, iTunes will show the shows that fit. (I'm sorry if that description is confusing, I couldn't figure out an easier way to describe it)
Old 05-01-2012, 03:12 PM   #49
sjsjbrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
This is another phenomenon that I don't think any of us really thought about when starting the podcast.

Personally, I never go back and listen to the show after it's been recorded. It makes me self-conscious about the idiosyncrasies of my speech pattern and I try to correct that during the next show and sound even weirder. The only time I ever go back and listen to a show is when someone says that I said something I either know I didn't say, or at the very least...dont think I said.
I love listening to you speak!! It's funny how we all don't like the way we speak. You have a lovely voice that is easy to understand and listen too. Please never change a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSorority View Post
I just miss the unenthusiastic "yaaaaaaayy......" after someone won something.

Cracked me up every time.

Mee tooo!!!!
sjsjbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #50
Sarabi's Cubs
DIS Veteran

I love their voices too!!! The only way I can force myself to the gym is that I get the pleasure of listening to Kevin and Teresa speak!!! It's "spectacular"!

Laurie

Contemporary 1972, Fort Wilderness 7/79, WDW offsite 6/84, WDW offsite 12/89, GF 9/96, BC 11/03, Disneyland offsite 6/05, BC 4/08, YC 1/2010, POR 12/2010, Disney Magic New Year's Cruise 12/2010, DIS Exclusive Knights & Lights ABD 9/11, Easter Dream cruise 4/2012, BWV 10/2012, Kidani 4/2013, DIS Exclusive Once Upon a Fairytale ABD 9/13, Kidani 12/13
Sarabi's Cubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #51
D-La
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltD4Me View Post
Oh Duh! No reason for a debate, why didn't we think of cloning before? Simple solution. I wonder how many we would need? Maybe we should just start with one of each and see how that goes.

On a side note...I thought the Prizematron was fun and exciting. I just happened to listen to the show when three cruises were given away just during Housekeeping...I loved thinking of the three who won listening and their reaction. That aside....Love the show, love the crew...Prizematron or not, makes no difference to me...either way.
I think that's what the pcc's and ABD trips are about. Meet the gang! Having met Kathy and having fun watching everyone's facebook pages, you feel like you already know all of you like family. (a testament to how well received the show is and how well you all mesh!) I can tell you that it would be a prize beyond measure to do a restaurant review with ya Kevin, but realistically, I know it's a big call on your time. Riding on Journey Into Imagination with Kathy was such a joy, can't wait to meet the rest of you on PCC 3.0!
That being said, HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE BEEN LOOKING CLOSELY AT PEOPLE YOU PASS AT THE PARKS HOPING TO RUN INTO ONE OF THE CREW?! Admit it, we've all done it! hee hee heeeee

D-La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #52
javamoma
Diz Kid for Life
"Reboot" is the extent of my techinical knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooToYou7 View Post
If you download the podcasts through iTunes, you can go to the Podcast menu under your Library and search for a topic in the search field in the upper right hand corner. If the topic is listed in the show description, iTunes will show the shows that fit. (I'm sorry if that description is confusing, I couldn't figure out an easier way to describe it)
It's so obvious! I can't believe I never thought to do this before. Thanks for the tip.

DH myself DD7 and DS 2
1986: childhood trip, 1991:childhood trip, 1993: church trip, 1994: school trip, 1999: 21st b-day
2000: college graduation
2005: first trip with DH to WDW
2007: DD's first trip
2010: DL for DD's 5th b-day, DS 2 months old 1st trip
javamoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #53
DVC Bunny
Earning My Ears

Excellent!!
DVC Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #54
wishspirit
When you wish upon a star!
I am a shy girl who loves to laugh!
Im just greedy i suppose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooToYou7 View Post
That's a great tip! Thanks!

wishspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:14 PM   #55
javamoma
Diz Kid for Life
"Reboot" is the extent of my techinical knowledge

Hmmm, now what topic will I search for first? I've got it! I'll search, "how to ad an extra week to your trip for free!" Sounds like a good topic to me!

DH myself DD7 and DS 2
1986: childhood trip, 1991:childhood trip, 1993: church trip, 1994: school trip, 1999: 21st b-day
2000: college graduation
2005: first trip with DH to WDW
2007: DD's first trip
2010: DL for DD's 5th b-day, DS 2 months old 1st trip
javamoma is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: