Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2012, 10:14 AM   #16
reigle4
with magicdust is the only way to travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc deernut View Post
WELCOME TO THE GROUP!!! IM HOPING TO GET ENOUGH PEOPLE ON HERE TO ORGANIZE AN FE. I RAN AN FE THE LAST 2 CRUISES WE WERE ON.
I hope you can .....
Old 04-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #17
Jables74
Earning My Ears

Disney Dream December 2,2012

Anyone booked for this trip. We will have our 4 year old twins with us. Any suggestions on lodging the day before? We will be flying into Orlando on Saturday.
Jables74 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #18
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Hi just bringing this thread back to the first page. Only 8 more months to go.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #19
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jables74 View Post
Anyone booked for this trip. We will have our 4 year old twins with us. Any suggestions on lodging the day before? We will be flying into Orlando on Saturday.
HI, we are flying in on the sat also. We are probably staying at OKW but not sure yet. There are a few Hotels in port that have shuttles to the ship. Is this your first DCL cruise? You can pay $70 each for both ways of Disney transportation if your staying on Disney resort. You can rent car for 1 day drive to Port drop it off at rental place and rent car for 1 day to get back. We have never stayed in Port but some of our friends have. I would have to ask around where they stayed. Might be faster if you posted the question on a general cruise thread to get more people to respond. Hope to talk to you more on here. Right now this thread is slow.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:56 PM   #20
reigle4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc deernut View Post
HI, we are flying in on the sat also. We are probably staying at OKW but not sure yet. There are a few Hotels in port that have shuttles to the ship. Is this your first DCL cruise? You can pay $70 each for both ways of Disney transportation if your staying on Disney resort. You can rent car for 1 day drive to Port drop it off at rental place and rent car for 1 day to get back. We have never stayed in Port but some of our friends have. I would have to ask around where they stayed. Might be faster if you posted the question on a general cruise thread to get more people to respond. Hope to talk to you more on here. Right now this thread is slow.
We are flying in the day before and staying at the Hilton at the airport then getting up the next day and taking the Disney shuttle to the ship. It adds to the trip going by DIsney shuttle bus.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:17 AM   #21
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

JUST BRINGING THIS THREAD BACK TO THE FRONT, 7 MONTHS TO GO. HELLO TO ALL
Old 05-12-2012, 08:51 AM   #22
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

BRINGING THREAD BACK TO FRONT PAGE
Old 05-14-2012, 07:41 AM   #23
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

WAKING THE THREAD UP AND BRINGING IT BACK TO THE FIRST PAGE
Old 05-19-2012, 09:23 PM   #24
WVDisGeek
Mouseketeer

We're Awake! Sorry, haven't been on the boards much lately. Just crazy around here. We will be driving down to the cruise. My in-laws have a condo in Ormand Beach. It makes it easy for us. It is 11 hours to the condo from our home in WV. We'll drive down Friday and spend Saturday on the beach and an easy 90 minute trip on Sunday to the port. We just got back from the condo a couple of weeks ago and we can't wait to get back in December, this time for a CRUISE!!!

I will try to check back a little more frequently!

Proud Pentaxian!! K1000, A3000, K200D, Pentax 50mm f/2.0, Pentax 18-55mm Kit Lens, Pentax 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3, Pentax 50mmf/1.4, Super Albinar 28mm f/2.8, Super Albinar 135mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70 and always looking for the next addition to my lens collection!

WVDisGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:54 AM   #25
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVDisGeek View Post
We're Awake! Sorry, haven't been on the boards much lately. Just crazy around here. We will be driving down to the cruise. My in-laws have a condo in Ormand Beach. It makes it easy for us. It is 11 hours to the condo from our home in WV. We'll drive down Friday and spend Saturday on the beach and an easy 90 minute trip on Sunday to the port. We just got back from the condo a couple of weeks ago and we can't wait to get back in December, this time for a CRUISE!!!

I will try to check back a little more frequently!
We used to go thru WV when we drove to Florida, loved driving thru that area. Always had to watch out driving thru the town before Beckley, always a speed trap. Where is Charleston WV?
Old 05-28-2012, 09:48 PM   #26
WVDisGeek
Mouseketeer

Ah yes, the lovely town of Summersville! Still a speed trap waiting to happen.
Charleston is the State Capitol. It is about 50 miles northwest of Beckley. Parts of WV are beautiful to drive through. I am not a native but it is my adopted home now. However, DW and I are VERY fond of our home away from home at WDW!!

Proud Pentaxian!! K1000, A3000, K200D, Pentax 50mm f/2.0, Pentax 18-55mm Kit Lens, Pentax 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3, Pentax 50mmf/1.4, Super Albinar 28mm f/2.8, Super Albinar 135mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70 and always looking for the next addition to my lens collection!

WVDisGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:01 PM   #27
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVDisGeek View Post
Ah yes, the lovely town of Summersville! Still a speed trap waiting to happen.
Charleston is the State Capitol. It is about 50 miles northwest of Beckley. Parts of WV are beautiful to drive through. I am not a native but it is my adopted home now. However, DW and I are VERY fond of our home away from home at WDW!!
I noticed you must be a real Pentax user. My first camera when I was in college for Graphic Arts was a Pentax 37 years ago. I got rid of all my equipment about years ago and went DIGITAL.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:00 AM   #28
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

WAKING THE THREAD UP
Old 06-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #29
reigle4

We are awake,

I am just waiting til it gets closer to time or I will explode with excitement. I absolutely lo9ve Disney and their cruiseline. In fact I love all things Disney and I am a grown grandmother of 7. In fact I have infected those around me with the Disney bug. We have convinced my granddaughters other grandparents and my granddaughers half sister (age 6) to come with us on this trip and now I have others to share my exciteent with. THere is nothing worse than being excited about something and not having anybody to share it with. That is why I am on this thread by the way. So let's get this excitement going on this thread. I love to hear about things that I might not have experienced yet.....
Old 06-05-2012, 10:20 AM   #30
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigle4 View Post
I am just waiting til it gets closer to time or I will explode with excitement. I absolutely lo9ve Disney and their cruiseline. In fact I love all things Disney and I am a grown grandmother of 7. In fact I have infected those around me with the Disney bug. We have convinced my granddaughters other grandparents and my granddaughers half sister (age 6) to come with us on this trip and now I have others to share my exciteent with. THere is nothing worse than being excited about something and not having anybody to share it with. That is why I am on this thread by the way. So let's get this excitement going on this thread. I love to hear about things that I might not have experienced yet.....
You sound like me Laura tells(warns) people not to mention the D word around me I will talk for hours. Im artsee fartsee so when I go to the parks or ship I notice all the details that go into the attraction etc. I take behind the scenes tours and ask questions. We are taking my son his fiancee Cara and their 2 daughters HAILEY 9 and SKYE 16and Caras brother Joe..The one thing im looking forward to is right from the ride to the port watching the Kids waiting for that first glimpse of the DREAM. Once you get to that first bridge and get to the top you can see the ship in the distance. When you arrive at the port and pull around the terminal you really get the sense of how large the ship is. This will be our 11th DCL cruise and everyone is just like the first. Now I get to watch Our sons family experience DCL. The next 6 months will fly by The last week before will seem like forever to the kids We are staying at SARATOGA after the cruise but that may change to OKW.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: