DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2012, 05:29 AM   #31
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardrock01 View Post
hey dean ,
where or who did you use/find $40 point contracts for sale !!
love to find one
Finding the best prices on timeshares take work and being willing to be turned down and for some to be offended at the price offered. Where I look often depends on what I want and varies from one year to another. In general you won't get the best prices at the usual resale companies. Places like ebay, redweeks, craigslist, TUG classified's, bidshares, and non a host of timeshare sellers that may not specialize in DVC but get DVC occasionally. I've seen them in local papers and met people on the street wanting to sell.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:28 PM   #32
mikron
Donald Pin Collector

IMO buy a big package at VB, cheap and gets you rent or reservations.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2012, 08:20 PM   #33
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikron View Post
IMO buy a big package at VB, cheap and gets you rent or reservations.
And you pay big dues, plus maybe get split off from DVC at some point. You can book at Beach Cottage at 11 months out, but might not get the WDW lodging you want.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #34
AllieV
DIS Veteran

yeah I'd have to get VB for like $15 a point to consider it. Their dues are $7 for pete's sake.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #35
AllieV
DIS Veteran

update on my hhi hunt

After one offer at 38 was rebuffed by pulling it from the market, I put out an offer on a 90 pointer for 39. It was turned down. I had to call the broker on each of these to follow up for an answer. Just put in my third offer on an 80 pointer at 40. They are asking a bunch more, so I doubt it will go. The agent said each of these has been listed "a while" and none had offers on it to date.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #36
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieV View Post
After one offer at 38 was rebuffed by pulling it from the market, I put out an offer on a 90 pointer for 39. It was turned down. I had to call the broker on each of these to follow up for an answer. Just put in my third offer on an 80 pointer at 40. They are asking a bunch more, so I doubt it will go. The agent said each of these has been listed "a while" and none had offers on it to date.
Which broker are you using?
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:27 PM   #37
AllieV
DIS Veteran

So the third contract I offered on came back with a ridiculously high counter and I said, buh-buy. The smallest one is now not listed,which leaves one left out of the original five under 100 pts. I started out higher this time at 42.

To recap:

I offered 38 on a 70 pointer asking 56; they took it off the market
I offered 39 on a 94 pointer asking 65; they said no, and no counter
I offered 40 on a 80 pointer asking 75; the countered at 55; I said no
I offered 42 on a 60 pointer asking 52; awaiting an answer

On each, I said seller has to pay the closing. MFs varied depending on points available.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:49 PM   #38
princessaloha
Mouseketeer

AllieV you have mad offering skills! You and my DH need to go car shopping together...he says I'm a bidding wimp and won't let me go any more. I'm always worried that the salesman won't be able to feed his family if we get too good of a deal.

I thought I was being tough when I offered $5 below listing price plus buyer (me) paying everything. I see I have much to learn. Thank you for posting this info.
princessaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #39
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So the third contract I offered on came back with a ridiculously high counter and I said, buh-buy. The smallest one is now not listed,which leaves one left out of the original five under 100 pts. I started out higher this time at 42.

To recap:

On each, I said seller has to pay the closing. MFs varied depending on points available.
I think you're going about this wrong. I don't think bidding like you would do on price line is an effective method. Decide your target price and offer that until you get what you want. It's OK to alter your target price if you decide you were wrong but escalating the price for a different seller doesn't make sense. Also, I'd suggest that having the seller pay closing as the original offering is a turn off to many. Better to offer less and pay closing then if you get into a negotiation you can move that into the equation, maybe as a split.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #40
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
I Also, I'd suggest that having the seller pay closing as the original offering is a turn off to many. Better to offer less and pay closing then if you get into a negotiation you can move that into the equation, maybe as a split.
I agree. Sellers seem to like having the buyer pay closing and usually my initial offer including closing.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #41
AllieV
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
I'd suggest that having the seller pay closing as the original offering is a turn off to many.
I would except the closing on these SC contracts is $650. Add that into a small-point contract along with MFs and it jumps it a ton per point. I do appreciate the advice, though. If this one doesn't go, I'll do some rework on my offerings.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #42
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would except the closing on these SC contracts is $650. Add that into a small-point contract along with MFs and it jumps it a ton per point. I do appreciate the advice, though. If this one doesn't go, I'll do some rework on my offerings.
I understand the numbers just that the psychology of selling is that you're likely building in a deal killer up front regardless of the actual numbers. Just another reason why small contracts in general, and esp HH, are not a good deal for WDW options. IMO, even at the lowest you offered, it's not a good deal financially. Now if one wants to go to HH in the summer routinely, it might be a necessary evil. You may want to hold out for a private sale maybe off ebay or redweeks or TUG and use one of the cheaper closing companies. Still more than WDW but not nearly what you're looking at now.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:51 AM   #43
jodifla

DIS Veteran

Quote:

To recap:

You are incredibly low-balling people. Even if someone is desperate enough to take your offer, DVC will like ROFR the points at those prices.
jodifla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:02 AM   #44
AllieV
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodifla View Post
You are incredibly low-balling people. Even if someone is desperate enough to take your offer, DVC will like ROFR the points at those prices.
LOL, read the ROFR board and see what low prices people are getting. Someone just bought a a 400 pt contract at $29 and it PASSED.

My thought process on increasing my initial offering is that I think sellers were discouraged by such a low offer and didn't want to volley. Two of them took it off the market (but I'd been the only offer in two months). So by increasing the initial offer (and still staying within my range) I'm hoping to garner more interest in countering.

And keep in mind, this is HHI, which has higher maint fees so should sell lower than OKW or SSR (which you can easily get for $50 and even in the 40s).

Disney ROFRd two HHI contracts at 39 and 40. My high point is 42.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #45
jodifla

DIS Veteran

The mantra here is, buy where you want to stay. If you want to stay at WDW, you need to buy there. DVC could change their rules tomorrow, and leave you without a DVC option.

This "game" you are playing may get you burned.
jodifla is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: