Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
msheriffm
Mouseketeer

Beach club vs. Disneyland Hotel

I planned our families first trip to WDW for July. I was trying to decide between BW and POFQ. After asking for advise people recommended Beach Club because of the pool. I did select BC and got free dining so it was about the same price as POFQ. I am really happy to be staying by Epcot and am not regretting the decision but today was reading on a thread that really the Deluxe resorts are like a 3 star hotel. We have stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and I agree that it is not a 5 star experience but still like it for location plus we only go every few years. Should I expect that BC will be similar to Disneyland Hotel or will it be more impressive? I am really looking forward to the resort portion of the trip because I am not a big ride person. I just want to be prepared so that I am not disappointed.
msheriffm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:44 PM   #2
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

I think your expectations that it will be on the same level as the Disneyland hotel are about accurate. I agree with many that WDW hotels are not truly deluxe, especially if you compare them to places like the ritz Carlton, etc. BC has a fantastic pool. I don't think it will let you down.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
mmmears
DIS Veteran

DLH before or after the renovation?

The pool is more impressive at the BC, IMO. And it's in a better location, being much closer to Epcot than the DLH is to DL...

I think the rooms at the DLH are larger, but the decor at the BC is very nice.

We usually stay at the GCH and that's also not a 5-star hotel. If you are happy at the DLH I don't think you will be disappointed in the BC. It's not a 4-Seasons, but it's very, very nice. And a big step up from a WDW moderate, which is what you were looking at booking before.

When we go to WDW, we often spend a good part of our day at the resort enjoying the pool -- and the BC has a great pool. Take a look at the YC/BC thread -- it's usually on the first page of this board and it has lots of photos and other useful information so that you will know what you'll be getting.

I had only been to DL and then stayed at the YC on my first trip to WDW and loved it. Hope this helps!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #4
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Here's a link to the YC/BC thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2892905

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:05 AM   #5
melbatoast
Dis Fan

The BC is our favorite Disney resort (that includes WDW & Disneyland). We have stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and GC a few times, and it is not the same experience as the BC. The BC is not 5 star, but is an awesome resort. The location, the pool, the decor (theming) make it a Deluxe resort. I love being able to walk over to the Boardwalk for dinner, go running around the lake, and walk or take a boat to Epcot & HS. The Disneyland Hotel to me is more of a "hotel" and the BC is more of a "resort". I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't like the BC!
1975 Cont, 1987 Golf Villas, 2000 Disneyland Hotel, 2001 WL, 2002 BC&GF, 2003 Disneyland Hotel, 2004 BC, 2005 Disneyland Hotel, 2007 Riverside,BC&Swan, 2008 BC, 2009 Dolphin&BC, 2009 CS&AK&BC, 2010 Disneyland Hotel, 2010 DTD Hilton, WL, 2011 BC
melbatoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:51 AM   #6
lmckiel
Earning My Ears

First visit to BC

I'm heading to WDW in 31 days and staying at BC. We're staying at Club level. This is the first time I'll be staying in a Disney property. Really looking forward to it. Hope you enjoy your visit!!!!!
lmckiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:40 PM   #7
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

I have stayed at the DLh seven times, with our eighth visit coming up. I have not stayed at BC, but have eaten there and visited many times.

To me the big difference would be theming. The DLH is one of my all time favorite hotels, but its not really themed to much of anything (even with the Disney touches). Beach Club, like all onsite WDW properties, is very themed in the rooms, grounds and lobby. I also think that even with the new changes to the DLH pool, Stormalong Bay will be much better and you also have the quiet pools at BCV and YC to use. The DLH quiet pool was nice to have, but I think its gone now.

Both hotels are about even on dining choices inside the hotels. Also, DLH has options right nearby in DTD, BC has options nearby at the Boardwalk and Epcot.

BC rooms have balconies, DLH rooms do not. BC is far closer to Epcot's World Showcase than the DLH is to Disneyland or DCA. The walk to DHS from BC is a bit further than the walk to the parks from the DLH. DLH obviously is extremely close to DTD and literally to get into the World Showcase is about as far as the walk from the DLH to the Rainforest Cafe.

DLH is for sure "inside" the magic, but its also situated in the middle of a city. From one of our rooms there we could see houses right across the street which was a bummer. Pretty much any onsite resort at WDW will be very immersive and you might see something far off in the distance or a DTD hotel, but even that is pretty rare.

BC also has a beach right there, nightly movies at the beach with a campfire and all the entertainment of the Boardwalk.

I LOVE the DLH and Disneyland in general. But I do have to say, there is somenthing very unique and special at WDW that DL can never achieve because its situated in the middle of a big city. I think you will love WDW and the BC and not have any trouble at all finding things to do outside the rides/parks. You might even want to explore some of the other WDW resorts. I think the monorail resorts as well as AKL and the WL would all be fun to check out.

Enjoy your trip!

Amy&Dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: