Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 10:39 PM   #16
kaligal
DIS Veteran
 
kaligal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
Without having a wristband, as soon as 7:00 comes you will not be allowed into any attraction, store or food service location. You will not be permitted to purchase anything from any cart.

I have heard that they may allow you to use the restrooms, but don't count on it.

There are teams of CM who will sweep through the Park and will not allow you to go any deeper into the Park with a wristband. As it gets late in the evening they will also check people on Main Street who are waiting for the parade and will politely escort you to the front gate and out of the Park.

And if polite does not work there is always Security and the Orange County Sheriff's Deputies (something about trespassing).
Without, right? You mean without?

kaligal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:02 PM   #17
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs1stTime2Disney View Post
This is my concern. Also we are booking room only and may cancel if something comes up. So what are the odds if I am there for 2 party nights, not being able to buy a ticket for one of those nights? It's not Columbus day or Halloween...so am I taking that much of a gamble? That would really stink to be down there for the party and NOT be able to buy a ticket, kwim?
I would say your chances are fairly good that they will not be a sell out especially if they are week nights. Halloween night always sells out (well at least sinc 2008-since I've watched it because that is when we usually travel to WDW) It often sells out on party nights very close to Halloween esp if they are weekend nights (I think probaby locals? or Floridians coming in for a weekend trip?) but the weekday parties usually have tickets for sale the day of... If it were me and it's the middle of Oct and you have two dates to choose from, I'd definitely wait. But that's just me...
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-02-2012, 11:17 PM   #18
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!
 
maiapapaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: southwestern ON
Posts: 2,507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
Without having a wristband, as soon as 7:00 comes you will not be allowed into any attraction, store or food service location. You will not be permitted to purchase anything from any cart.

I have heard that they may allow you to use the restrooms, but don't count on it.

There are teams of CM who will sweep through the Park and will not allow you to go any deeper into the Park with a wristband. As it gets late in the evening they will also check people on Main Street who are waiting for the parade and will politely escort you to the front gate and out of the Park.

And if polite does not work there is always Security and the Orange County Sheriff's Deputies (something about trespassing).
We witnessed this exact thing happen one year. We were waiting in Frontier Land for the parade. CM's were sweeping the street checking for wristbands. A couple of women who had staked out prime spots by the curb were asked to show their wristbands. They played dumb "what wristbands?" The CM showed them ours "oh, nobody gave us wristbands." At that point a manager wandered over. He told the women that it was a hard ticket event and they would need to purchase tickets, and he would be happy to walk them to the park entrance to pay, then they could have their wristbands. And off they went with a manager & CM escort. It's funny that they would think that the CM's are that stupid. There is no way that by that point in the night you wouldnt' realize that it was a special event, especially with the announcements and throngs of CM's asking non-party guests to exit the park at 7:00.
__________________


me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan Daisy
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Poly
maiapapaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:13 AM   #19
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better
 
aubriee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East of Dallas
Posts: 14,811

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
We witnessed this exact thing happen one year. We were waiting in Frontier Land for the parade. CM's were sweeping the street checking for wristbands. A couple of women who had staked out prime spots by the curb were asked to show their wristbands. They played dumb "what wristbands?" The CM showed them ours "oh, nobody gave us wristbands." At that point a manager wandered over. He told the women that it was a hard ticket event and they would need to purchase tickets, and he would be happy to walk them to the park entrance to pay, then they could have their wristbands. And off they went with a manager & CM escort. It's funny that they would think that the CM's are that stupid. There is no way that by that point in the night you wouldnt' realize that it was a special event, especially with the announcements and throngs of CM's asking non-party guests to exit the park at 7:00.
The last Halloween party we went to the CMs were not checking parade sitters over in that part of the park. I know there was a large family trying to squeeze us out of our spot. The dad had been waiting, then the other five showed up and tried to squeeze in. Once the parade started we heard the dad laugh and say "I told you we didn't need to buy tickets for this silly party. No one is going to throw us out" The youngest son whined, "But I wanna ride rides and get some candy daddy". The dad said, "Well we can't do that, but they can't stop us from doing anything else and I'm not spending that much for a ticket. That would be stupid, when we can get in for free". We were standing over there in Frontier Land sort of in front of Pecos Bill, across the road from the Big Thunder Mountain fast pass machines, where the parade starts.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:45 AM   #20
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation
 
larryz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 2FAR2MK
Posts: 7,220

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
The last Halloween party we went to the CMs were not checking parade sitters over in that part of the park. I know there was a large family trying to squeeze us out of our spot. The dad had been waiting, then the other five showed up and tried to squeeze in. Once the parade started we heard the dad laugh and say "I told you we didn't need to buy tickets for this silly party. No one is going to throw us out" The youngest son whined, "But I wanna ride rides and get some candy daddy". The dad said, "Well we can't do that, but they can't stop us from doing anything else and I'm not spending that much for a ticket. That would be stupid, when we can get in for free". We were standing over there in Frontier Land sort of in front of Pecos Bill, across the road from the Big Thunder Mountain fast pass machines, where the parade starts.
My sense of moral outrage (and being a stockholder) would probably have led me to find a CM and highlight their presence. People who cheat retailers -- in this case, as CF said, trespass in a hard ticket event -- just kind of tick me off.
__________________
The secret ingredient in Dr Pepper is prune juice.
larryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #21
scootch
DIS Veteran
 
scootch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,528

We had a late dinner at CRT and did not have MVMCP tickets(we had already done it twice). They escorted those without tickets to the entrance(nicely... we weren't trying to get away with anything, that was the only CRT reservation time we could get.
__________________
~Amy~
~~WDW for ONE day in 1980(it was 105 degrees!!)
~~Nov 2004 Polynesian with my 2 princesses ages 2 1/2 and 5
~~Nov 2005 Contemporary
~~November 2006 Contemporary Making memories with my 21 year old niece with cancer
Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007
~~November 2007 WL
~~Nov 08 VWL
~~Nov 09 WDW BLT DiscoveryCove SeaWorld and DCL Wonder
~~April 2011 B2B Disney Dream
~~Nov 2011 WDW/BLT
~~Nov 2012 VWL/ Eastern Fantasy
~~ June 2013 DISNEYLAND/CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
~~Feb 2014 Contemporary/ Disney Eastern Fantasy
~~Nov 2014 Disney Grand Floridian Villas
scootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:35 PM   #22
nkereina
Wendy Darling
 
nkereina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Posts: 8,233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs1stTime2Disney View Post
This is my concern. Also we are booking room only and may cancel if something comes up. So what are the odds if I am there for 2 party nights, not being able to buy a ticket for one of those nights? It's not Columbus day or Halloween...so am I taking that much of a gamble? That would really stink to be down there for the party and NOT be able to buy a ticket, kwim?
We went to a party at the end of September on a Tuesday. I bought tickets the day before so we still got the advanced purchase discount, but I had a good idea of what the weather would be like. I was also concerned about rain. Incidentally, the party we went to did sell out the day of the even but it was likely because that week coincided with the 40th anniversary. If there's nothing special going on the week you're there, I wouldn't worry about it selling out. And certainly not both nights.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:12 PM   #23
serene56
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,327

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
The last Halloween party we went to the CMs were not checking parade sitters over in that part of the park. I know there was a large family trying to squeeze us out of our spot. The dad had been waiting, then the other five showed up and tried to squeeze in. Once the parade started we heard the dad laugh and say "I told you we didn't need to buy tickets for this silly party. No one is going to throw us out" The youngest son whined, "But I wanna ride rides and get some candy daddy". The dad said, "Well we can't do that, but they can't stop us from doing anything else and I'm not spending that much for a ticket. That would be stupid, when we can get in for free". We were standing over there in Frontier Land sort of in front of Pecos Bill, across the road from the Big Thunder Mountain fast pass machines, where the parade starts.

how boring that night must have been for those kids. I mean to be somewhere so magical but only experience it from afar. (they could not even get in line for special characters.
__________________
Epcot passports -ebay- Joephila1
serene56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:37 AM   #24
Sarahleigh
Mouseketeer
 
Sarahleigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs1stTime2Disney View Post
This is my concern. Also we are booking room only and may cancel if something comes up. So what are the odds if I am there for 2 party nights, not being able to buy a ticket for one of those nights? It's not Columbus day or Halloween...so am I taking that much of a gamble? That would really stink to be down there for the party and NOT be able to buy a ticket, kwim?
We tried to buy tickets for a Friday night MNSSHP (the 23rd of September) on a Wednesday, so 2 days before, and were shocked to find out they were sold out.

I don't know if this is a common occurrence or not but I feel it is better to be safe than sorry.
__________________

1993 Offsite 2000 Offsite April 2005 CBR May/June 2009 All Star Sports October 2010 Pop Century
September 2011 Pop Century (GOT ENGAGED! ) November 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge -Kidani Villa
Sarahleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:25 AM   #25
Cafeen
DIS Veteran
 
Cafeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Posts: 4,853

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahleigh View Post
We tried to buy tickets for a Friday night MNSSHP (the 23rd of September) on a Wednesday, so 2 days before, and were shocked to find out they were sold out.

I don't know if this is a common occurrence or not but I feel it is better to be safe than sorry.
The late September ones don't usually sell out. Last year was an exception due to the proximity of the 40th Anniversary and many more people came during that timeframe than normal. (The Sept 27 and Sept 30 ones also sold out)

However, they ARE getting more popular, so the typical "only Halloween and the weekends leading up to it" case, may no longer be the...um.. case. I'd advise to get one as soon as you're certain about the trip, and as soon as you're comfortable with the forecast (which, unfortunately, can change hour by hour in central FL during September (and several other months too!))
__________________
-- Allan (Smugmug / Flickr)
(Completely redid smuggy collections, See the Shared with Disboards gallery for broken images in posts.)

Next Trip: NOT Solo... 10/17-10/27 @ Pop/CBR split. This time with Brother, Sister-in-Law, Nephew, and Mom (well, at least mostly not solo.)
TRs: Learning to NOT Photograph Fireworks Behind Trees (Sept 2012 PTR (no TR... yet?)
New Camera? Sounds like a perfect excuse for another Disney trip! (Sept 2011 PTR/TR)
Cafeen takes it slow in Sept... (Sept 2010) || Daddy for a week... - (Sept 2009)
Cafeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:54 AM   #26
serene56
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,327

I dont know if I would want to shell out that kind of money to attend a party that is sold out.
__________________
Epcot passports -ebay- Joephila1
serene56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #27
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,779

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
I dont know if I would want to shell out that kind of money to attend a party that is sold out.
I have (unknowingly) and would again. It's not ideal, but it's still a heckuva lot of fun.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #28
Halloweenluv03
Mouseketeer
 
Halloweenluv03's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 327

Just purchased mine for Halloween Night. Don't want to take the risk of them selling out, so I'm just going to play it safe. And I'm sure, since that night is one of the ones that sells out quickly, I'm sure they will be checking everyone's wrist bands.
__________________
Halloweenluv03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #29
MomofKatie
Maybe if you leave some chocolate under your pillow the Tag Fairy will visit you!
In the second grade I looked like a mini senior citizen!
"Dairy World?" "Fairy World." "OH, DARN IT!!!"
 
MomofKatie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: charlotte,NC
Posts: 10,497

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
I dont know if I would want to shell out that kind of money to attend a party that is sold out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
I have (unknowingly) and would again. It's not ideal, but it's still a heckuva lot of fun.
We attended a sold out party a few years back and it was just fine. A sold out party still has many fewer guests than even a lightly attended average day.

The only lines more than a few minutes long we encountered were for meet & greets with rarer characters (Cinderella in her coach, Snow White and all 7 Dwarves, etc) and some Fantasyland attractions earlier on in the evening. We also avoided trying to jump in line for rides right after the parade/fireworks- we noticed they got busier for about the 20 minutes right afterwards.

The later in the evening it got, the less people in the park. By 11 or so, everything was a total walk on, and we would be able to stroll around and not even see any other folks for minutes at a time.

We had no problem getting a prime spot for the first parade in Frontierland about 20 minutes before start time. We then headed to Main Street, watched the Villians Mix & Mingle show in front of the Castle and had a great spot for the fireworks. It was busy in the Hub, but not packed.
__________________
Jenny me DH DD16 Purrcey, Lily, and GiGi
7/71 DL 7/73, 2/84, 2/93, 3/97 Offsite 7/02 CSR 11/04 POFQ 10/05 Pop
1/07 Offsite 10/07 offsite 5/08 offsite 1/09 offsite 11/10 offsite 11/12 ASMu 11/13 Pop
MomofKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.