Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

When buying park tickets from WDW online....

...do you receive an actual "live" ticket or a voucher? And if you get an actual ticket, how does it become associated with the owner's name, as all it asks for is shipping info and billing info, which isn't necessarily the person the ticket is for.

I'm quoting what it says in the Everything Tickets sticky to prove that I DID read it and it's not specific!!

Quote:
Safe would include The Disney Store, AAA Offices, Online (or by phone) directly from Disney, the Earport at Orlando International Airport, locations at Official Florida Welcome Centers or at Florida Turnpike Rest Stops, and a number of "Authorized Resellers".

Depending on the location and type of ticket purchased from these locations you will receive either be a "live" ticket which can go directly into the turnstiles or a Voucher/Exchange Certificate which has to be activated or exchanged at any WDW ticket booth or GRO.
Thank you!!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #2
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
...do you receive an actual "live" ticket or a voucher? And if you get an actual ticket, how does it become associated with the owner's name, as all it asks for is shipping info and billing info, which isn't necessarily the person the ticket is for.

I'm quoting what it says in the Everything Tickets sticky to prove that I DID read it and it's not specific!!

Thank you!!
If you have them sent to you, for an extra fee, they are live tickets. You can also do will call where you give them your order info and they give you tickets.

Tickets not on a KTTW card or an AP never have names attached to them. Except signing the back.

Last edited by chartle; 05-02-2012 at 09:14 PM.
chartle is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #3
NikkiLovesWDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle View Post
If you have them sent to you, for an extra fee, they are live tickets. You can also do will call where you give them your order info and they give you tickets.

Tickets not on a KTTW card or an AP never have names attached to them. Except signing the back.
Thank you!!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:25 PM   #4
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

If you want them mailed to you, unless they are Florida Resident ticket or Annual Passes you will receive live tickets. If Resident or AP you will receive an Exchange Certificate.

If they are will-call you will get a reservation number (4 letters and seven numbers) which you can take to any ticket or Guest Relations window and the live tickets will be issued.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:38 PM   #5
jfulcer
Apprentice Image Master
"Just Ignore Me"
The Mouse-inator!!!
Will streak for tags
The Tag Fairy ruined my coolness by giving me another tag!

You should get your tickets from Undercover Tourist. They are an authorized ticket reseller and you'll get them for a discount. The price you see on the Undercover Tourist site includes tax where the price on the WDW site does not have tax added to the end.

If you have time to wait, you can get a discount if you subscribe to the Mouseears email. They have a discount link every month.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:40 PM   #6
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfulcer View Post
You should get your tickets from Undercover Tourist. They are an authorized ticket reseller and you'll get them for a discount. The price you see on the Undercover Tourist site includes tax where the price on the WDW site does not have tax added to the end.

If you have time to wait, you can get a discount if you subscribe to the Mouseears email. They have a discount link every month.
OP just so you know UT is on the "Authorized Resellers" list the ticket sticky referred to.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:29 AM   #7
NikkiLovesWDW!

Thank you, thank you all!

I bought them from the TA site actually so I was able to get commission off of them. (They are for my niece who we are taking in August.)

I did have them shipped to me so I will get the live ticket.

Thanks again!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: