Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #1
nodoubtrock
Mouseketeer

Outside Food/Drinks

I usually bring a sandwich and drink from home in my bag when I go to theme parks. I was told that this isn't allowed. Has this always been a rule? They eventually let me in but said not to bring it in the future.
nodoubtrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:47 AM   #2
RabFlmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodoubtrock View Post
I usually bring a sandwich and drink from home in my bag when I go to theme parks. I was told that this isn't allowed. Has this always been a rule? They eventually let me in but said not to bring it in the future.
Technically anywhere they have their own food and drinks in an establishment, they don't really want you to bring in your own. They are a business and profit is what keeps businesses open. Will they let you take in a bottle of water -yep. Will they let you take in baby food and kids snacks, yep--- but bringing in your own lunches is not what businesses that sell food expect you to do or want you to do. SW haven't been strict in the past on it, but maybe they are tightening up the policy because too many people are bringing in picnics so they have to tell everyone with even just a sandwich from home-no food or drinks brought in or the security check person may just have been pushing the issue.

Just checked-----they have added a new info page on their site.......

http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld...everage-Policy

So it looks like they tightened up on the no food or drinks brought in.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2012, 10:48 AM   #3
Victoria3
DIS Veteran

SeaWorld seems a lot more strict with their food policy. I've seen them turn away people with sandwiches.

The food is way to over priced and mediocre to purchase in the park.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria3 View Post
The food is way to over priced and mediocre to purchase in the park.
We found just the opposite.....we found the quality to be very good (particularly at Voyageurs Smokehouse) and the prices to be very reasonable for what you get.

Prices at non-Disney Orlando theme parks (SeaWorld, Universal, etc.) for counter-service meals are much more reasonable than those at their Canadian counterparts (Canada's Wonderland, Marineland, etc.) and the selection far exceeds the options available at the Canadian venues. We have now visited all 4 Disney parks, both Universal parks, SeaWorld and Discovery Cove, and have yet to feel we haven't received the full value from our meal for the price paid.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #5
Squidgyness
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
We found just the opposite.....we found the quality to be very good (particularly at Voyageurs Smokehouse) and the prices to be very reasonable for what you get.

Prices at non-Disney Orlando theme parks (SeaWorld, Universal, etc.) for counter-service meals are much more reasonable than those at their Canadian counterparts (Canada's Wonderland, Marineland, etc.) and the selection far exceeds the options available at the Canadian venues. We have now visited all 4 Disney parks, both Universal parks, SeaWorld and Discovery Cove, and have yet to feel we haven't received the full value from our meal for the price paid.
Yep, voyagers is about the best place to eat at seaworld. Always seemed good value to me when I was there.

Other Trips :
France/Belgium 2007, London 2008 and 2009, Malta 2011.

NEXT TRIP: Malta July 2015! (7 days)
Squidgyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #6
2girlsmom
DIS Veteran

We also enjoyed Mango Joe's the last time we were there, and did eat at Voyagers as well. We generally do the wristband all day dine, so eat all 3 meals there.

& Lucky
2girlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: