Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 09:29 AM   #1816
deej696
They say the recipe for Sprite is lemon and lime, but I tried to make it at home....There's more to it than that!

Had a great stay at Coronado Springs recently. Wasn't on my radar before, but I'll definitely be considering it more on future visits. Here's a full review of the experience...

Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #1817
saffsmom
Mouseketeer

a little disappointed...

we arrive at CSR sept 30th...requested cabanas
i knew that there are a couple of conferences during our stay but they all seemed fairly low key
i checked out their websites and it really looked like they would not impact us (based on their schedules vs. our scheduled plans)
today when i checked for new stuff i discovered that sunday sept 30th there is a "welcome" party for one of the conferences on the cabanas beach from 6:30 to 8:30
so i am a little disappointed...i just hope that it really ends at 8:30 as i need to get my girls into bed at a decent time (we have to be up at 6:30 for our CRT reservation)

first visit....surprise! @ CSR 09/30-10/06

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #1818
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffsmom View Post
i knew that there are a couple of conferences during our stay but they all seemed fairly low key
i checked out their websites and it really looked like they would not impact us (based on their schedules vs. our scheduled plans)
today when i checked for new stuff i discovered that sunday sept 30th there is a "welcome" party for one of the conferences on the cabanas beach from 6:30 to 8:30
so i am a little disappointed...i just hope that it really ends at 8:30 as i need to get my girls into bed at a decent time (we have to be up at 6:30 for our CRT reservation)
Perhaps you can request a room not facing the beach area? Since it is a request (not guaranteed), you may end up in a different section. But if you do get the beach area of Cabanas, I hope the sound doesn't travel to your room.

Where is the website that lists conventions and dates? I'd like to see if there is a convention for our dates. We had a convention last time, but it was only for one night of our stay.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #1819
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Unless you booked a waterview, you probably won't face the beach, even if you do get placed in cabanas. It might be that the convention has booked cabana 9B anyway if they are planning activities on the beach. You can request cabana 8A at check-in (or Ranchos 7B) - they are still close to the bus stop and pool but are farther from the cabanas beach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust34 View Post
Perhaps you can request a room not facing the beach area? Since it is a request (not guaranteed), you may end up in a different section. But if you do get the beach area of Cabanas, I hope the sound doesn't travel to your room.

Where is the website that lists conventions and dates? I'd like to see if there is a convention for our dates. We had a convention last time, but it was only for one night of our stay.
There are some conventions listed on the first page of the thread, but I am woefully behind in scouring the internet for CSR conventions. If you Google CSR Convention List, there is a site that is more up-to-date than my list, but I can't post the link here.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #1820
saffsmom
Mouseketeer

we did book a waterview ( i have no desire to spend that much $$$ and face a parking lot)
that beach is a big part of how i was able to talk DH out of CBR in favour of Coronado!!!!
not a huge deal...after all it's only 2 hours out of our whole stay...just a little let down as it's our first night and all

i found the convention date listings on buzz's CSR page ... then i googled them

first visit....surprise! @ CSR 09/30-10/06

Last edited by saffsmom; 05-01-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #1821
flortlebap
Disneyiac!

So I have a question... Is there a "best" bus stop for each route, for getting a seat etc?
August 1993 - Off Site / August 1996 - CBR / August 1999 - POR / September 2004 - POP / October 2006 - POR /October 2009 - HNY / October 2010 - NPB / May 2012 - CSR / July 2013 - AKL / September 2014 - YC
Old 05-01-2012, 03:09 PM   #1822
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flortlebap View Post
So I have a question... Is there a "best" bus stop for each route, for getting a seat etc?
Bus stop #2 is generally considered the best bus stop at CSR. It is the first stop the bus goes to for all busses except DTD. It's located by Casitas 4. Having said that Christmas 2010 we stayed in Ranchos 7B and used bus stop 4 with no problems or complaints. But the direct answer to your question is stop 2.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:50 PM   #1823
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
we did book a waterview ( i have no desire to spend that much $$$ and face a parking lot)
that beach is a big part of how i was able to talk DH out of CBR in favour of Coronado!!!!
not a huge deal...after all it's only 2 hours out of our whole stay...just a little let down as it's our first night and all

i found the convention date listings on buzz's CSR page ... then i googled them
I honestly wouldn't worry about this. Like you said, it's two hours on your first night there. Looking at who this conference is, it doesn't scream "raucus drunk fest". Yes, you might hear some mariachi music and some people talking, but I doubt you will be bothered at all. If anything, you might enjoy hearing the music.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #1824
Stitch123
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
Thanks for the update!! Did you do online checkin? Have fun!!
Got back last night, sorry for not responding sooner. I had checked in online and got Cabanas as requested. We were in 8A. Perfect location for bus stop 4 and a leisurly ten minute walk to El Centro.

I had complained about the bus service previously, but we gave it another try and that time, "our" bus arrived after 3 min so I take everything back
Old 05-01-2012, 07:45 PM   #1825
semo233
DIS Veteran

New discounts available for August 15-29th! Check your res's...I saved $50 off the AAA discounted rate of 8/15 - 8/20 at Coronado Springs!

Old 05-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #1826
semo233
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deej696 View Post
Had a great stay at Coronado Springs recently. Wasn't on my radar before, but I'll definitely be considering it more on future visits. Here's a full review of the experience...
I just read your review and you state that there were two double beds...please tell me that's a mistake, because I booked the Coronado due to the 2 QUEEN beds!

Old 05-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #1827
Ktharee
Love the Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by semo233 View Post
I just read your review and you state that there were two double beds...please tell me that's a mistake, because I booked the Coronado due to the 2 QUEEN beds!
No worries, they are queen beds. I've seen 'em.

1978 Offsite • 1983 Contemporary • 1990 Caribbean Beach • 1992 Offsite • 1999 Caribbean Beach
2001 • Contemporary • 2002 Disneyland • 2005 Disneyland • 2007 Port Orleans French Quarter • 2007 Disneyland • 2008 Polynesian • 2008 Disneyland
• 2009 Coronado Springs • 2010 Disneyland • 2010 MVMCP offsite

2009 Free Dining at Coronado Springs Trip Report

Old 05-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #1828
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch123 View Post
Got back last night, sorry for not responding sooner. I had checked in online and got Cabanas as requested. We were in 8A. Perfect location for bus stop 4 and a leisurly ten minute walk to El Centro.

I had complained about the bus service previously, but we gave it another try and that time, "our" bus arrived after 3 min so I take everything back
Thanks for getting back to us! Good news on the buses, we plan on driving mostly but plan on trying them sometimes.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:40 AM   #1829
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch123 View Post

Ooh! You got the exact same building I'm hoping for when I check in in three days. Cabanas 8A is my favorite building. The last few times I've waited and checked in in person, but a couple of days ago decided to go ahead and do online check in. Hope I have the same luck as you. I did call and make sure my request for 'first floor Cabanas with a preference for 8A' was noted on my reservation. Glad transportation improved for you. I guess I've just been lucky, but thus far the transportation system has always been great at CSR for us. Hopefully I haven't jinxed myself now.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:28 AM   #1830
deej696
They say the recipe for Sprite is lemon and lime, but I tried to make it at home....There's more to it than that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by semo233 View Post
Oversight on my part...they are two queen...

Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: