Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2012, 08:42 PM   #1471
catne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Reports are that they are starting to be sent together with your package information, but there may still be some cases where they are sent separately.
thanks much! Will tell my daughter to check her Mickey Mail envelope to see if it's in there.
January (twice) & February 2014 SSR December 2013 POFQ October 2013 Off-site, September 2013,POFQ March 2013 AoA Feb 2013 POFQ Feb 2013 POFQ Jan 2013 Caribbean Beach Nov 2012 POFQ Sept 2012 BC May 2012 POFQ Mar 2012 POFQ Feb 2012 POFQ JAN 2012 AKL Oct 2011 Wilderness Lodge Sep 2011 POFQ Feb 2011 Pop Century Jan 2011 Pop CenturyNov 2010 CSR Sept 2010 Boardwalk May 2010 POFQ Jan 2010 BCV 2009 Sept & 2009 May POFQ 2009 Jan Contempo 2008 Sept Pop 2008 May POFQ 2007 May Poly 2000 May FW Cabin 1992 May off site 1990 May off site
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:36 PM   #1472
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
Are the Magic Express tags still sent separately or are they in the hotel reservation "mickey mail" now?
I recently received all my luggage tags for both my May trip and my July trip - but I think it was because I had to call to make a change to my flight number, and I was also requesting extra luggage tags because they are Southwest flights and we can take two checked bags for free.

I believe if you don't call, they will just be sent out with the Mickey Mail now.
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2012, 11:59 PM   #1473
MVC1225
Mouseketeer

I received my regular package but not the DME package. I called last week and the CM first said that they won't mail this out until 2 weeks before we are scheduled to arrive so just wait. She then put me on hold and said it had been mailed at the end of March and were re-sending. I'm in Florida so any package should get to me fairly quickly. We leave on May 8th so about 2.5 weeks. Should I call back if these do not get to me soon?
Future Trips: January 2015 - FW

MVC1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:52 AM   #1474
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
Are the Magic Express tags still sent separately or are they in the hotel reservation "mickey mail" now?
It could be either way...my best suggestion is to always open any mail from Disney and make sure that everything is correct. If you get to within 2-3 weeks of travel and you still haven't seen anything from DME, call them. And when I say 'them', I mean DME, not Disney.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:51 PM   #1475
IndyNana
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the info about arriving and using MDE. We are going to use it on the way back home as well. We are Staying at All Star Music and our flight for home leaves at 6:00pm. I am wondering how early bags will have to be packed and ready for us to board transportation to head home. We want to enjoy as much of WDW as we can. So I don't want to sit around waiting to go AND I don't want to miss our ride to the airport.
IndyNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:10 PM   #1476
Jenny1985
Mouseketeer

lost luggage?

has anyone ever had their luggage lost with ME on their way to or from? if so how did you or the airlines/resorts go about finding it. our luggage got lost on one of our trips almost 20 yrs ago, and im just a little nervous since this will be my first wdw trip where i am the only adult. thanks!
Jenny1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:27 PM   #1477
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNana View Post
Thanks for all the info about arriving and using MDE. We are going to use it on the way back home as well. We are Staying at All Star Music and our flight for home leaves at 6:00pm. I am wondering how early bags will have to be packed and ready for us to board transportation to head home. We want to enjoy as much of WDW as we can. So I don't want to sit around waiting to go AND I don't want to miss our ride to the airport.
What you can do is check out first thing in the morning and then take your bags over to the Resort Airline Check-in desk (or actually, I think I would go to the RAC desk first). At RAC, you can check in for your flight (think of it as curbside check-in, only the curb is miles from the airport), and they'll take care of getting your bags to the airport. If you have any carry-on bags, you can take them over to Bell Services and have them hold onto them while you go to a park.

DME will give you a pick-up time about 3 hours before your flight time (the information will be left on your doorknob the day before your departure), but the thing to remember is that that is the time the bus will leave your resort, so you need to be at the pick-up area about 15 minutes before that (and make sure you give yourself about another 15 minutes if you have to retrieve your carry-on bags from Bell Services.)
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #1478
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny1985 View Post
has anyone ever had their luggage lost with ME on their way to or from? if so how did you or the airlines/resorts go about finding it. our luggage got lost on one of our trips almost 20 yrs ago, and im just a little nervous since this will be my first wdw trip where i am the only adult. thanks!
So on my August 2011 trip I used resort check-in (which is technically different from DME) and turned over my luggage the morning of my departure. I received claim checks from the RAC desk at my resort.

That evening at my home airport one of my bags did not arrive. Do I know for sure what part of the process lost the bag? Not really, but it was Southwest who took responsibility for finding and delivering the bag, using their usual delayed bag processes. I wouldn't say this was a case of "DME losing the bag." I think SWA did.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:24 PM   #1479
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So on my August 2011 trip I used resort check-in (which is technically different from DME) and turned over my luggage the morning of my departure. I received claim checks from the RAC desk at my resort.

That evening at my home airport one of my bags did not arrive. Do I know for sure what part of the process lost the bag? Not really, but it was Southwest who took responsibility for finding and delivering the bag, using their usual delayed bag processes. I wouldn't say this was a case of "DME losing the bag." I think SWA did.
RAC is completely separate from DME. They have nothing to do with one another.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:23 AM   #1480
Jenny1985
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks! I guess once I had over my bags it's out of my control either way. Just have to hope for the best!
Jenny1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #1481
germ539
Goofy is my favorite

more than one piece of luggage

I know this probably has been answered but I wanted to make sure about it.

We booked through AAA and received our Mickey Mail with one set of ME luggage tags per person and since we are taking more than one piece per person, I emailed our AAA TA to request another set of tags. What if she says we don't need to have another set and to just let the Welcome Center know we have more than one piece of luggage? I would like to have the second set of tags (for piece of mind) for my luggage. How would I go about getting them if she won't?

thanks
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
germ539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:29 AM   #1482
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by germ539 View Post
I know this probably has been answered but I wanted to make sure about it.

We booked through AAA and received our Mickey Mail with one set of ME luggage tags per person and since we are taking more than one piece per person, I emailed our AAA TA to request another set of tags. What if she says we don't need to have another set and to just let the Welcome Center know we have more than one piece of luggage? I would like to have the second set of tags (for piece of mind) for my luggage. How would I go about getting them if she won't?

thanks
Call DME directly. The phone number is in your DME booklet.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:55 AM   #1483
germ539
Goofy is my favorite

no booklet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesia View Post
Call DME directly. The phone number is in your DME booklet.
We didn't get a booklet for DME, we just got a packet that has something to scan for our DME rides.
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
germ539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:23 AM   #1484
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We didn't get a booklet for DME, we just got a packet that has something to scan for our DME rides.
You can find it by googling "direct phone number for magical express."

Old 05-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #1485
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
You got nothing from DME except a piece of paper with something to scan on it??? No directions to the DME area, no info regarding the DME policies, nothing??
This is getting ridiculous. I hope that people start checking in here to let us know exactly what they are getting from DME..not from Disney specifically, but that DME packet that they 'used' to send out.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: