Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2012, 07:43 AM   #31
BlondeViki
Follow me @BlondeViki

it was lovely to read your PTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciorsdah View Post
Hey everyone!

I'm also stealing ideas from other peopls PTRs, so many people are so knowledgable and its lovely of them to share with everyone
Now I've discovered this section of the forum, this is my plan too!

Good luck with the rest of your trip planning

BlondeViki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:22 AM   #32
Ciorsdah
Mouseketeer

Loads to update everyone on!!

So as of last time the holiday was paid, dollars have been bought and everything was confirmed with Universal Studios for the tickets and early entry.

As of today...

Photopass is booked and paid for
I have booked a couple of ADRs ( Crystal Palace for Breakfast - mainly so we can get in for an empty main street, T rex because DBF will like it there and the SciFi Dine thingy because it looks pretty groovey).
Car hire is in the process of being booked.

I have also lost 2 ins from my waist since the start of the Disney Diet and I've dropped 4lbs in weight. I think the excited energy is helping though.

Still need to :

Decide if we are staying with my gran the night before the flight (she lives right beside the airport = free lodging and parking for 2 weeks!) or if we drive through early on the Sat am.

Buy a new camera

ESTA ourselves

And after that its just a waiting game.

K xx
Ciorsdah is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #33
joolz1910
I would have gone down to reception in my robe and slippers
I can't decide if it's sweet or sinister

Quote:
Loads to update everyone on!!

So as of last time the holiday was paid, dollars have been bought and everything was confirmed with Universal Studios for the tickets and early entry.

As of today...

Photopass is booked and paid for
I have booked a couple of ADRs ( Crystal Palace for Breakfast - mainly so we can get in for an empty main street, T rex because DBF will like it there and the SciFi Dine thingy because it looks pretty groovey).
Car hire is in the process of being booked.

I have also lost 2 ins from my waist since the start of the Disney Diet and I've dropped 4lbs in weight. I think the excited energy is helping though.

Still need to :

Decide if we are staying with my gran the night before the flight (she lives right beside the airport = free lodging and parking for 2 weeks!) or if we drive through early on the Sat am.

Buy a new camera

ESTA ourselves

And after that its just a waiting game.

K xx
Exciting stuff!
Stay with Gran! That way you won't have to get up so early plus free parking = more Disney $$$$$ Well done on the weight loss.
2009 DLRP (DLH)
'Just Like we Dreamed it...at the DLH'
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)
2012 OKW at WDW 'A Whole New World'

joolz1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:23 AM   #34
Ciorsdah
Mouseketeer

Hey guys

Sorry for the hiatus! I'm back now...

Have decided to arrange secure parking for our trip, DBF just bought a brand new swanky car and he doesnt want to leave it anywhere alone for 2 weeks

This means that we dont have to stay with granny the night before, just have a slightly early start and head through to Glasgow to the parking place.

Also still waiting on the dates for the Halloween party, anyone know of any update? I thought they would have been released by now, but perhaps I'm just missing the update somewhere.

Still looking for costumes for the party, DBF is also still adament that he will NOT be dressing up. hahahahaha thats what he thinks....

Speak soon

Kirst xx
Old 04-20-2012, 08:23 AM   #35
tinks_1989
need a like button

I am so jealous I love MNSSHP!

I think they are on the same nights every year for e.g every tuesday
I will see if I can find it for you

September - Tuesdays and Fridays

October - Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Friday and what ever day halloween lands on

http://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/02/14...-disney-world/

Also if the park hours are till 7pm it is because of MNSSHP

this was unofficial though!
xx

Last edited by tinks_1989; 04-20-2012 at 08:45 AM.
tinks_1989 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #36
Freckleflower
Earning My Ears

Sounds like you'll be having a great time over there

Hahaa I like how you'll be forcing your DBF to dress up! I will be following suit too
Got any ideas of what you guys are going as yet?

Me - 23
DF - 26

First Trip October 2012

Freckleflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:50 PM   #37
JintyB
Mouseketeer

This has been a lovely read, thanks

Did you book the Segway tour? Our friend treated my husband and I to this for our 40th birthdays and it was brilliant I'd recommend it to anyone.
JintyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #38
Ciorsdah
Mouseketeer

I really want to dress up as a princess, I'm just that kinda person I guess but there is no way DBF will be a prince charming, so I might have to persuade him with a sheet over his head with 2 eyes and he can be a ghostie!!!

Havent booked the segway tour yet, it's certainly something we are both thinking about. I've actually told him that I think its "too expensive" and we should "save the $ for something else", whilst planning to book it as a surprise

I'm starting to really get so excited about this, its been a really tough year personally for me ( dad has not been well at all and its starting to really fracture the family) and the thought of 14 days in WDW really perks me up. My Disney Diet has also been working, I'm down another 2lbs over the past couple of weeks, bringin my weight to around 10st 12lbs so only 12lbs to go then I'm at target

If I hit target i'm planning on wearing shorts during the holiday, something I've not done in over 20 years and I might also treat myself to some lovely new clothes curtosy of the malls!!

xx
Old 04-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #39
Ciorsdah
Mouseketeer

Another wee update. DBF has suggested a Fantasmic lunch package at Mama Melrose so that's all booked!!

Old 05-01-2012, 11:07 AM   #40
Ciorsdah
Mouseketeer

Another update!

MNSSHP tickets purchased!!!!! Going onthe 28th of September, tickets were about $56 each, so thats another night of the agenda planned!

Woohooo
Old 05-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #41
joolz1910
I would have gone down to reception in my robe and slippers
I can't decide if it's sweet or sinister

Quote:
Another update!

MNSSHP tickets purchased!!!!! Going onthe 28th of September, tickets were about $56 each, so thats another night of the agenda planned!

Woohooo
Exciting stuff! Well done on the weight loss, we have a similar target! Definitely persuade your Dbf to dress up. My DH was adamant he would not be dressing up until I bought him a Jack Sparrow outfit. He seems to be quite looking forward to it now!
2009 DLRP (DLH)
'Just Like we Dreamed it...at the DLH'
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)
2012 OKW at WDW 'A Whole New World'

joolz1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:01 PM   #42
Ciorsdah
Mouseketeer

Ooh now that's a good idea, just buy him a costume and see how he copes.... *thinking*

I just wish it was here!!! I'm down to about 140 days until I leave
Old 05-09-2012, 08:41 AM   #43
Ciorsdah
Mouseketeer

Well but of a strange update. DBF has agreed to a 2013 trip so we are now working out what to do this year and what to do next visit.

Still don't have any dates or resort ideas for 2013 yet, but we are defo going so things like the Segway tour and possibly character meals can get pushed out to next year and DBF and I can focus this year on just slowing the pace a bit and enjoying the atmosphere
Old 06-11-2012, 05:32 AM   #44
Ciorsdah
Mouseketeer

Sorry for the hiatus!! Havent had much in the way of updates recently... I'm patiently awaiting my double digit day (3 days left...!!).

However I have been starting to plan my wardrobe/hair for the trip. I have recently grown my hair and its pretty much below shoulders now, so need to have a plan in place for the dreaded "florida frizz". Anyone know of any great tips to keep a mane in place?!

Also, having footwear stresses. I live in heeled shoes , whether its boots or sandals I am never out of them, but I am pretty certian that WDW is not the place to wear my beautiful Kurt Geigers!! flip flops can give me strange "toe burn" from the wee toe stub thing and I have stubby legs that look very odd in flat shoes and shorts.... Any suggestions as to shoes?!?!

I think I'll be avoiding shorts this year, as so far the Disney Diet is working but my legs still look like huge tree trunks (even worse that my upper body has dropped 2 dress sizes in the past 2 months).

I think a trip to Primark might be in order for some cheap and cheerful holiday clothes!!

K xx

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: