Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2012, 12:05 AM   #106
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by STAYC18 View Post
omg...really...do you not understand...i'm asking if you would give money to your children going with their dad to pick up a souvenir for the other children the mother has at home (childern from a different father)....
No. You are the one who is failing to understand. Your stepdaughters will be with their dad. There is no need for their mom to send money with them. Period!
Maggie'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:53 AM   #107
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
you wouldn't want your daughter to bring something back for your kids that didn't get to go diseny with their dad...

You are making this way too complicated. The children's father is taking them to Disney. You may be paying for it but make no mistake, they are going with their father. You can make the dynamic of your family.............and these girls are your family........positive or you can make them struggle. The girls know their siblings are not going on this trip, they know that in two families they are different. If you really want to create strong bonds you will stop trying to showcase the differences between your own child and the children your husband created with another woman and make those kids your own. Offer to shop with them to buy their mom and siblings a gift. Don't make them try to choose. Stop trying to make their mother conform to whatever you have decided is proper. It is petty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie'sMom View Post
No. You are the one who is failing to understand. Your stepdaughters will be with their dad. There is no need for their mom to send money with them. Period!
Exactly. You have tried to make these children less than your child in their father'e eyes as well as their eyes. And I must say that I did not come to this conclusion from this thread alone. I remember your previous thread and while I did not look for it I remember the tone you took in regards to "having" to take these kids.
Nancyg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2012, 07:01 AM   #108
mvazul
DIS Veteran

Quote:
well alot has changed and now we get them every weekend because they wanted to be with us more...

and thats kinda being a stalker don't ya think...and i have not complained about them at all...so i don't know where your getting that from...
Well, then, I apologize and am happy for the girls that they get to see their father more often. However, I do stand by my comments that I feel you are being petty. And will drive a huge wedge between all of you if you don't get over whatever issues you have with their mother.

Most definitely not stalking you. I remembered other posts you had written. I did a check to make sure it was you before I commented.
mvazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:02 AM   #109
mvazul
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post
You are making this way too complicated. The children's father is taking them to Disney. You may be paying for it but make no mistake, they are going with their father. You can make the dynamic of your family.............and these girls are your family........positive or you can make them struggle. The girls know their siblings are not going on this trip, they know that in two families they are different. If you really want to create strong bonds you will stop trying to showcase the differences between your own child and the children your husband created with another woman and make those kids your own. Offer to shop with them to buy their mom and siblings a gift. Don't make them try to choose. Stop trying to make their mother conform to whatever you have decided is proper. It is petty.

Exactly. You have tried to make these children less than your child in their father'e eyes as well as their eyes. And I must say that I did not come to this conclusion from this thread alone. I remember your previous thread and while I did not look for it I remember the tone you took in regards to "having" to take these kids.
Very, very well said!
mvazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:11 AM   #110
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
you wouldn't want your daughter to bring something back for your kids that didn't get to go diseny with their dad...

I thought your husband was the girls' father? Are you trying to say he and his exwife have kids that live with her that won't be going with you?

And how old are the kids that are going with you?
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:18 AM   #111
duffy
The Tag Fairy did not give me this tag...I wrote it myself.

Wonder what the father has to say about all of this? He seems to be very disconnected from all of his children: isn't paying anything for this trip, but is willing to go along for free. Can't he give some of his money to the girls? He isn't spending any money for his own trip, why not use it for them?

(I find it very odd that you are careful to distinguish that you are paying the $4,000 that the trip costs, all yourself, by the way. Why isn't he putting money to the trip?)

Or is that not the point? Is the point that when the girls take out the $20 bill to pay for the magnet, that the money came from their biological mother, and not from him? Is every dime that he spends on his girls, one less dime spent on your son?
duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:21 AM   #112
STAYC18
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post

How come the children aren't allowed to call me MOM then...i find it bizare that i'm suppose to call the girls "my children" but their not suppose to call me mom...my son calls me mom...

October 2012 with DH, DS and DSD's all their 1st time...Can't wait hope they like it as much as I do...

STAYC18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:26 AM   #113
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
How come the children aren't allowed to call me MOM then...i find it bizare that i'm suppose to call the girls "my children" but their not suppose to call me mom...my son calls me mom...

What in the world are you talking about now?

You have some serious issues with you husband and his ex. UNfortunately it sounds as if you are taking it out on these kids.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:26 AM   #114
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Wow. Your last posts shows a lack of maturity. As a biological mother and a stepmother, you really need to get past that for the good of all the children involved and your marriage. With that kind of attitude, you may very well be the ex-wife some day too.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:27 AM   #115
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Who has said they can't? My DD calls her stepmom her mom. And I'm happy that she feels she comfortable doing so.
Maggie'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:34 AM   #116
STAYC18
Mouseketeer

oh i can't use the words step-children, but I can only be labled as a step-mom...

yay that's fair....

October 2012 with DH, DS and DSD's all their 1st time...Can't wait hope they like it as much as I do...

Old 05-01-2012, 07:36 AM   #117
STAYC18
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie'sMom View Post
Who has said they can't? My DD calls her stepmom her mom. And I'm happy that she feels she comfortable doing so.
their mother...my oldest DAUGHTER said that i was her second mom once and the mother flipped out on me saying you will never be their mother and they are never to call you their mom...

all i said was ok

Old 05-01-2012, 07:57 AM   #118
Mickey Fliers
(Not so)Tagless
"Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. And sometimes, it rains"
Don't hate me for the love of the boy band

Location: Until the Navy says otherwise: Yokosuka, Kanagawa, Japan

Quote:
oh i can't use the words step-children, but I can only be labled as a step-mom...

yay that's fair....
Life isn't fair. They are the child. You are the adult. Start acting like it.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:58 AM   #119
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Who cares about "fair" when it comes to proper parenting? Believe me, it's not about fair when you are a parent.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:10 AM   #120
mjkacmom
DIS Veteran

Honestly, I would have to have a pretty good and strong relationship with my xDH's new wife to not be hurt if my kids called her mom (hypothetically speaking, since I'm married to DH). DH calls his stepmother mom, but his real mom passed away when he was little. His older sisters call her by her first name - love and respect her a lot - but they felt disloyal calling another woman mom, and their stepmother is fine with it.

I don't call my IL's mom and dad, either. They are the best IL's anyone could possibly have, but I only have one mom and dad.
mjkacmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: