Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2012, 04:50 PM   #211
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjplantz View Post
.....Also just realized that National will upgrade your Emerald status based on your standing with Hertz or Avis. I am a Hertz #1 Club Gold Presidents Circle member, so I will be upgraded to an Executive Elite at National which guarantees a minimum full size availability. Of course the family is already hoping for a convertible . Similar Hertz rental was going to be at least $200 more for me even with my status and significant company discount.
Where and how is this accomplished? Are there upgrades available for various Hertz club levels?

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net
April 26-May 3, see you there?

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #212
mjplantz
Always something to plan...

Here is the link to status level matching at National to Hertz or Avis:

https://statusmatch.emeraldclub.com/

Us DD(18) DD(13)
mjplantz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #213
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here is the link to status level matching at National to Hertz or Avis:

https://statusmatch.emeraldclub.com/
My Hertz card just says #1 Gold Club
cantwaitvaca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:13 PM   #214
mjplantz
Always something to plan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
My Hertz card just says #1 Gold Club
I guess worse case you could just send it in via the website and see what they respond. I think that is similar to their intro level and they are only upgrading the higher volume users.

Us DD(18) DD(13)
mjplantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:08 PM   #215
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Thanks, MJ.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net
April 26-May 3, see you there?

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #216
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxlbarrel View Post
If you're a member of the Emerald Club and your reservation says Emerald Aisle or Emerald Reserve, you pick whatever car you want that's sitting in those respective aisles. I always manage to get an SUV, even when I don't want one, when I reserve a midsize in Orlando.
I am familiar with the program, I work there. I was wondering how the poster managed a mini van with a ER midsize, which would have required the poster to select from the midsize area.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:42 AM   #217
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How do you get Emerald Reserve?
I have a midsize SUV with the code from the first page in September, but a full size would be better
Emerald reserve is the program where you select the car class you want and make a reservation for it. IE: if you want a mini van you sign in via the Emerald Club site and select mini van. If you actually want a full size, I would recommend you make an Emerald Club reservation for a mid size, cause you will most probably get a full size, since we rarely put mid size cars on the EA.

The Emerald Club program is well described here: https://www.nationalcar.com/index.do...withnav-header
Old 04-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #218
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lots of thanks to the OP and the follow up posters on this code. Just booked an 8 day midsize over thanksgiving for $255. Thats less than $32/day all in, before any other coupons that may eventually come through for that time period.

Also just realized that National will upgrade your Emerald status based on your standing with Hertz or Avis. I am a Hertz #1 Club Gold Presidents Circle member, so I will be upgraded to an Executive Elite at National which guarantees a minimum full size availability. Of course the family is already hoping for a convertible . Similar Hertz rental was going to be at least $200 more for me even with my status and significant company discount.
Just a FYI, we rarely put converts on the Emerald aisle or Executive Aisle. They are usually booked solid. However, that would not preclude you asking the greeter if they are available as an upgrade.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #219
pxlbarrel
They won't allow any kind of cow though
Geez, I gotta start cleaning your rooms so I can get those treats

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
I am familiar with the program, I work there. I was wondering how the poster managed a mini van with a ER midsize, which would have required the poster to select from the midsize area.
I must have missed the post where you said you worked there.

I assumed that poster was EA not ER.
1975 WDW Fort Wilderness | 1983 Disneyland | 1992 WDW Offsite | 1996 Disneyland (DL Pacific Hotel)| 1999 Disneyland | 2000 WDW Dixie Landings | 2002 Disneyland | 2003 WDW Offsite | 2004 Disneyland | 2005 WDW Offsite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 Tokyo Disneyland /Disney Sea / HK Disneyland (Disney's Hollywood Hotel) | 2008 Disneyland | 2008 WDW Offsite | 2009 Disneyland Paris | 2009 Disneyland | 2009 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort - DCL Disney Magic | 2011 Disneyland | 2011 Disney Magic Mediterranean | 2012 Disneyland (VGC) | 2012 ABD -Enchanted China | 2012 HK Disneyland | 2012 DCL Disney Magic NYC/Canada | 2012 WDW Boardwalk | 2013 Disneyland | 2013 Disney Magic Mediterranean Greek | 2013 Disney Dream Bahamas
pxlbarrel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #220
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I must have missed the post where you said you worked there.

I assumed that poster was EA not ER.
I did not post that I worked there on this thread, but, have posted it on numerous other posts. The poster stated that it was an ER reservation, hence the reason I questioned it and also corrected the size of the mini van, (7 pax, not 8)
Have a great day!!
Old 04-30-2012, 12:11 PM   #221
pxlbarrel
They won't allow any kind of cow though
Geez, I gotta start cleaning your rooms so I can get those treats

Quote:
I did not post that I worked there on this thread, but, have posted it on numerous other posts. The poster stated that it was an ER reservation, hence the reason I questioned it and also corrected the size of the mini van, (7 pax, not 8)
Have a great day!!
I guess I haven't read the other threads where you identify yourself as a National employee.

So I have a question then. Why book Midsize ER when everything in the EA should be a Midsize at the very least. Isn't it the same thing?
1975 WDW Fort Wilderness | 1983 Disneyland | 1992 WDW Offsite | 1996 Disneyland (DL Pacific Hotel)| 1999 Disneyland | 2000 WDW Dixie Landings | 2002 Disneyland | 2003 WDW Offsite | 2004 Disneyland | 2005 WDW Offsite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 Tokyo Disneyland /Disney Sea / HK Disneyland (Disney's Hollywood Hotel) | 2008 Disneyland | 2008 WDW Offsite | 2009 Disneyland Paris | 2009 Disneyland | 2009 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort - DCL Disney Magic | 2011 Disneyland | 2011 Disney Magic Mediterranean | 2012 Disneyland (VGC) | 2012 ABD -Enchanted China | 2012 HK Disneyland | 2012 DCL Disney Magic NYC/Canada | 2012 WDW Boardwalk | 2013 Disneyland | 2013 Disney Magic Mediterranean Greek | 2013 Disney Dream Bahamas
pxlbarrel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:22 PM   #222
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Emerald reserve is the program where you select the car class you want and make a reservation for it. IE: if you want a mini van you sign in via the Emerald Club site and select mini van. If you actually want a full size, I would recommend you make an Emerald Club reservation for a mid size, cause you will most probably get a full size, since we rarely put mid size cars on the EA.

The Emerald Club program is well described here: https://www.nationalcar.com/index.do...withnav-header
Thank you for the link, do you have to pay to be a memeber?
I just want to make renting the car drama free for my husband, if its a long process he will get crabby and that will not be a good start to our trip.
And advice?
cantwaitvaca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #223
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I guess I haven't read the other threads where you identify yourself as a National employee.

So I have a question then. Why book Midsize ER when everything in the EA should be a Midsize at the very least. Isn't it the same thing?
I have no idea why people do a midsize ER over a EA. Seems silly to me.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:43 PM   #224
tcneal
Earning My Ears

I have a reservation using this code for June 9th-16th. I was able to call in and modify the reservation to add a $35 off coupon. I couldn't do it online. It looks like no one is having problems with this code. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I haven't been able to come close to this price for a mini-van anywhere else (Except Dollar which I refuse to rent from).
tcneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #225
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you for the link, do you have to pay to be a memeber?
I just want to make renting the car drama free for my husband, if its a long process he will get crabby and that will not be a good start to our trip.
And advice?
Nope, Emerald Club is free. Sign up before you leave and make your reservations via the log in for EC members. Totally trouble free.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: