Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2012, 02:05 PM   #31
Boston Disney Bride
DIS Veteran

Love your dress!!! It's gorgeous. Sorry I cannot be too much help for favors, but I can say that your floral choice is really pretty.

(Me) (DH) (DD 3)

Childhood Trips 1987-2008 <Original Port Orleans, All Star Sports, Pop Century>
Married on Disney Boardwalk June 2010 <POFQ>
Babymoon Trip Dec 2010 <Pop Century>
First trip as family of 3 April 2013 <PORS>
5th Anniversary Trip Sept 2015 <BLT>
Boston Disney Bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:19 PM   #32
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Love everything so far! Flowers are beautiful! In response to the favors, I wanted to make mickey head cookies, but like you, I was afraid that they would go stale, so I scrapped that idea. I did however make white chocolate "castle" pops to go in my welcome bags. I made them about a week before the wedding and put them in the freezer. We live about an hour away, so we were able to drive them over and put them in the hotel fridge, and just slip them in the bags right before we had our welcome party. It worked well for us, and the pops didn't melt at all. I'm not sure how they would work traveling a long way though, or on a plane. I love the idea though! Very pretty! Can't wait for more!

Allison and Joey's October Escape PJ!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post40277880
FlamingoAllie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #33
ginny114
Disney Bride

I like the Chocolate Favors in the baggie. it is so, cute!!!! love it! cant wait to see the buttons!!
Old 04-24-2012, 07:17 AM   #34
peachydreamyxx
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Disney Bride View Post
Love your dress!!! It's gorgeous. Sorry I cannot be too much help for favors, but I can say that your floral choice is really pretty.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingoAllie View Post
Love everything so far! Flowers are beautiful! In response to the favors, I wanted to make mickey head cookies, but like you, I was afraid that they would go stale, so I scrapped that idea. I did however make white chocolate "castle" pops to go in my welcome bags. I made them about a week before the wedding and put them in the freezer. We live about an hour away, so we were able to drive them over and put them in the hotel fridge, and just slip them in the bags right before we had our welcome party. It worked well for us, and the pops didn't melt at all. I'm not sure how they would work traveling a long way though, or on a plane. I love the idea though! Very pretty! Can't wait for more!
Thank you! My only fear with chocolate is that we're flying. So Ill have them in the airport, on the 3 hour flight, than on the magical express, it will be a good amount of time before they see a refrigerator. Im so confused because I really wanted an edible favor because most others just get tossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginny114 View Post
I like the Chocolate Favors in the baggie. it is so, cute!!!! love it! cant wait to see the buttons!!
Thanks! I think those are what I am leading too since I know chocolate wont go bad that quickly. Im going to make a test batch and try out a mini cooler. If they dont melt, than chocolate favors are the way to go!
Old 04-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #35
peachydreamyxx
Mouseketeer

Dresses Everywhere!

Well today my Mom, my Grandma and my sister ordered their dresses! My sister was the first bridesmaid to officially order her dress so im *VERY* excited! Its feel more official having bridesmaids with dresses

Here is the dress my mom choose. She looks amazing in it!

This is not something my mom would ever wear, and it took a lot to even get her to try it on. However, Im really glad she went out of her comfort zone because it fits her perfectly! She ordered it in the Navy which will flow great with the colors of the bridal party.

My grandma also ordered her dress. Heres her dress

She ordered her dress in a dark purple, a shade of eggplant basically. The lace continues up the back which was nice. She didnt want any of her skin showing because "shes old". Silly grandma!

This weekend also marks my first DIY project! My future sister in law, and mother in law helped me make ribbon wands for our staged exit! I vetoed the rose petals because we're not using Disney Floral which means Id have to hire someone to clean up the rose petals which is $$$. I didnt want bubbles mainly because I didnt want them popping on my dresses or any of the bridesmaids or grooms tuxes. I hate when they land on clothing and leave the circle mark. I figured ribbon wands were the best way to go. They're almost done, so once theyre completed Ill post a picture. They're coming out great if I do say so myself! I choose three different shades of purples to correspond with the bridesmaid dresses. Hopefully my vision looks good in photographs!

After these are complete Im going to make customized tank tops for the bridal party in rhinestones. Etsy had some great iron ons done in the disney font that I want to use. I just need to find a discount on matching tank tops! I love wedding projects!!
Old 04-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #36
ginny114
Disney Bride

so excited for you. every time i read your posts it makes me think of our wedding. i LOVE the ribbon wand idea and we are ordering ours off etsy. not using disney floral huh?? did you get any quotes you could send me via private message or my email ginny114@hotmail.com

we should meet for drinks or something while we are both down for our planning session. . . i am sure we will run into each other since its the same day.

what color table cloth and napkins were you thinking ? i have been looking at the pictures of Ariels all day and cant decide what to do. we are having a very floral spring wedding. I cant seem to find prices on table cloths or napkins, have you seen any?? i know they provide white. yuck.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #37
peachydreamyxx
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginny114 View Post
so excited for you. every time i read your posts it makes me think of our wedding. i LOVE the ribbon wand idea and we are ordering ours off etsy. not using disney floral huh?? did you get any quotes you could send me via private message or my email ginny114@hotmail.com

we should meet for drinks or something while we are both down for our planning session. . . i am sure we will run into each other since its the same day.

what color table cloth and napkins were you thinking ? i have been looking at the pictures of Ariels all day and cant decide what to do. we are having a very floral spring wedding. I cant seem to find prices on table cloths or napkins, have you seen any?? i know they provide white. yuck.
I just emailed you my quote Hopefully you find it helpful!

You should look into making your own ribbon wands! I dont know how much they are off etsy but I made 50 of them for $54. They were so easy to make and only cost so much bc I picked pretty pricey ribbon. I am attracted to sparkley things! Thus I bought $5 ribbons.. but you could definitely find them for much less! It was SOOO much fun and it made the wedding real so much more "real".

I havent seen pricing for the tableclothes but I think its close to $30/$40 per table. I plan on doing a dark purple like my girls dresses with maybe a cream overlay? Not exactly sure, I have to see ideas in person I am terrible at envisioning things!!! I do know that I want the chiavari chairs (not sure how its spelled). Those are a must for us!

Id love to meet up when we're down there! We're going with the inlaws and their family so we will definitely need to escape for a bit!!! We will have to make some plans when it gets closer and I finalize what we will actually be doing in August.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:58 PM   #38
nic100308
DIS Veteran

Joining the fun

HEY!! I am also Nicole and DF and I both used to live on Long Island!! Where abouts do you live? We live in WA now, right outside Seattle. Far cry from NY.

You are so super organized and on top of everything! All your plans look awesome and your dress (and even the girls and you mom and grandmother's) is beautiful!! It is so different, I love the ruffle on the bottom.

Love the flowers. Have you given any thought on a cake?

As far a favors go, have you thought about something non perishable like wine bottle stoppers or glass charms? Or maybe something Disney!?! Vinylmation maybe? Not sure how much you want to spend, those can get a little pricey.

Good luck with all the planning, I will be following along!!
"My dearest friend, if you don't mind... I'd like to join you by your side. Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever. For it is plain, as anyone can see. We're simply meant to be." Jack and Sally

nic100308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:23 PM   #39
peachydreamyxx
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic100308 View Post
HEY!! I am also Nicole and DF and I both used to live on Long Island!! Where abouts do you live? We live in WA now, right outside Seattle. Far cry from NY.

You are so super organized and on top of everything! All your plans look awesome and your dress (and even the girls and you mom and grandmother's) is beautiful!! It is so different, I love the ruffle on the bottom.

Love the flowers. Have you given any thought on a cake?

As far a favors go, have you thought about something non perishable like wine bottle stoppers or glass charms? Or maybe something Disney!?! Vinylmation maybe? Not sure how much you want to spend, those can get a little pricey.

Good luck with all the planning, I will be following along!!
We live in Suffolk County, super exciting! I wish we lived anywhere but here! Can not wait to move!!!

Thank you for all the compliments! My dress is nothing that I wanted, and I hated the idea of ruffles, but when I put it on I was in love!

I kind of want to keep the price of favors low since we figure we are having 50-60 guests. We plan on paying for the dessert party, rehearsal dinner and farewell breakfast for all guests including the cost of the wedding. My new obsession is a candy bar! Im thinking of doing all pink and white candies. I think it will add a little something to the party as well since I am not planning on doing any other dessert besides the cake.

Speaking of cakes, I have seen a few I love. But I think I may go for the simple "Happily Ever After" cake Disney offers with the bling bands around each layer. Cakes are the one thing I cant decide on definitely.. I love so many designs!!
Old 04-30-2012, 09:25 PM   #40
nic100308
DIS Veteran

There is a place in Syosset that has tons of different favor options and they are very reasonable. It is called Wrap With Us, they have a website and a physical location, check the hours though, I think they are strange.
"My dearest friend, if you don't mind... I'd like to join you by your side. Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever. For it is plain, as anyone can see. We're simply meant to be." Jack and Sally

Old 05-01-2012, 07:42 AM   #41
peachydreamyxx
Mouseketeer

Quote:
There is a place in Syosset that has tons of different favor options and they are very reasonable. It is called Wrap With Us, they have a website and a physical location, check the hours though, I think they are strange.
Thanks so much! I will definitely check them out!!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:41 PM   #42
peachydreamyxx
Mouseketeer

I know its insanely early, but Ive been in full on wedding planning mode! I sat down last night and layed out 11 days worth of meals for both DF and myself and my parents. Its hard because I had to make sure my parents arent in the same park as myself because we dont want our son to see us. As much as I am sad that we arent going to cruise on the Dream for our honeymoon, I really dont think I could have handeled being away from our son, even for 3 days! I like the idea of him being in the hotel room next to us, and when I need to see him I can just call my parents and tell them to bring him over! Ive yet to even be away from our son for a night... so this will be a good way to ease into seperating!

This is our intinerary. Everything up to the Wedding day is pretty much set. After the wedding it really all depends on park hours and if we change our minds on where we want to eat. We love to eat so we're hoping we enjoy the DxDDP!

Thats my parents, and most likely the intinerary my in-laws will be following.

This took WAY more effort and time than I had imagined.. but Im glad its done with! It was a huge headache that I wasnt expecting

This weekend I am finishing up our ribbon wands! My FMIL found rolls of the ribbon that our Michaels ran out of. I will post a finished picture once they're complete! Our buttons also came today for our out of town bags! They're so cute!!! I'll post a picture of those with my ribbon wands.

Tomorrow my mom and I are going out shopping for apothecary jars for our candy buffet. Im actually pretty excited for that. We also might start looking to see who sells inexpensive tank tops so I can start on the bridal parties shirts. I also found out that friday my sister in law to be and her mom are ordering their dresses for the wedding! Everythings coming together now!
Old 05-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #43
nic100308
DIS Veteran

I totally did the same thing on Saturday!! I just posted my own schedule, I just couldn't wait!

Oh, another NY hint: if you have a Christmas Tree Shoppe near you they sell inexpensive glass wear. I have done a candy bar in the past and got all my containers there.

It's so exciting that all your plans are coming to fruition!! We're having a small wedding, no bridal party or anything so there isn't as much to organize. I'm about to burst waiting for time to pass so I can get the ball rolling faster. My parents are coming to visit for Memorial Day and mom and I will be going dress shopping for me, so I suppose that will really be the start of everything.

Can't wait to see you wands, post pictures!!!

Old 05-09-2012, 12:22 PM   #44
peachydreamyxx
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I totally did the same thing on Saturday!! I just posted my own schedule, I just couldn't wait!

Oh, another NY hint: if you have a Christmas Tree Shoppe near you they sell inexpensive glass wear. I have done a candy bar in the past and got all my containers there.

It's so exciting that all your plans are coming to fruition!! We're having a small wedding, no bridal party or anything so there isn't as much to organize. I'm about to burst waiting for time to pass so I can get the ball rolling faster. My parents are coming to visit for Memorial Day and mom and I will be going dress shopping for me, so I suppose that will really be the start of everything.

Can't wait to see you wands, post pictures!!!

Just read your dining plans! Im guessing you'll be on the DxDDP?? We've never done it before, so we are both *very* excited. We love to eat, so we're perfectly okay with planning our vacation around meals. Fortunately we go to Disney every year, but this year and next year we will have gone twice a year so we want to see the yummy-er side of the world

I actually checked the Christmas Tree Shoppe with no such luck! My FMIL suggested a trip to Amish Country in PA.. apparently there's a wedding glass store that sells apothecary jars for like $2.. which is where she got a few of her big ones.

So exciting that youre going dress shopping! It is an amazing experience!!! Have so much fun!
Old 05-13-2012, 12:04 PM   #45
kristin426
Earning My Ears

Just joining in and all your plans look FANTASTIC! I absolutely love your dress. Do you mind telling me what florists you have been looking at (if you already said their names, I'm sorry...I must have missed it)? I was thinking about using an outside florist because it seems like the Disney florist is a bit on the expensive side (although they are beautiful and very convenient) but I haven't decided for sure yet.
Can't wait to hear more about your planning...I'll be following along!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: