Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #61
sarahcor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Weren't the crowds crazy ?? I found that if you go in the evening .. it's much better .. but I won't find that out until our second Universal day.

My boys had very little interest in Suess Landing .. even though they LOVE the books .. we sort of just breezed by it all !
I really do want to go back again and do it all at a slower pace !
The crowds in Wizarding World were ridiculous! We didn't even try to get in the shops, they were packed. I want to go back too. I've heard the closed Jaws attraction in Islands of Adventure is going to be Wizarding World part 2, that would be very cool. Maybe when Westin is older and I can convince Mia to try Forbidden Journey. I made the mistake of telling her there were spiders and she refused to ride after she knew that.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #62
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahcor View Post
The crowds in Wizarding World were ridiculous! We didn't even try to get in the shops, they were packed. I want to go back too. I've heard the closed Jaws attraction in Islands of Adventure is going to be Wizarding World part 2, that would be very cool. Maybe when Westin is older and I can convince Mia to try Forbidden Journey. I made the mistake of telling her there were spiders and she refused to ride after she knew that.
I know .. there was like an hour wait just to get IN the stores then once you get in you can't move because it's SO crowded in there.

There were spiders ?? I had my eyes closed through most of it .. I must have missed the spiders.

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2012, 08:16 PM   #63
sarahcor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I know .. there was like an hour wait just to get IN the stores then once you get in you can't move because it's SO crowded in there.

There were spiders ?? I had my eyes closed through most of it .. I must have missed the spiders.
I think one of them spit on me! At least I felt water from somewhere.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #64
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think one of them spit on me! At least I felt water from somewhere.
OMG you're probably right !! So, that's where the water came from ?? I told you I had my eyes closed ! It's all pretty much a blur.

Come check out ..
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
Old 04-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #65
sarahcor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
OMG you're probably right !! So, that's where the water came from ?? I told you I had my eyes closed ! It's all pretty much a blur.
I only got to ride it once. There was so much to see, I really wish I would have ridden a few more times. Oh well...there's always next time!
Old 05-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #66
sarahcor
Mouseketeer

So, Paul had caught the flu from me. He was up off and on throughout the night and was feeling pretty awful.

I was getting the backpack ready when I realized I had done something horrible. The ring I had gotten earlier at Epcot, I had taken off my other ring and wrapped it up in a napkin. I then stuck it in the backpack for safe keeping. Well, I totally forgot about it and when I had cleaned the backpack out a few days prior I had thrown all the napkins out too. I threw out my girlfriend ring!

BOO-HOO! I started to cry and was so upset. Paul had given me the ring when we became girlfriend/boyfriend and I had worn it for ten years. Dumb me! It now has a home wherever the Pop trash goes.

After recovering from the ring incident we said goodbye to Paul and got on our way to Harry Potter. I had seen it but didnít get to ride it the day before.

A few store windows, they are so detailed.

Before riding we made a stop at the wand store. None of us had any interest in waiting for the wand show so we went directly in the wand shop and got our wands that way.

Mia got Harryís wand and we decided to get Paul the Sirius Black wand.

The store had a bunch of wands to choose from. The staff was very helpful with Mia, she was having trouble deciding which to go with.

Wands at the ready, Bridget and I went to ride The Forbidden Journey!
Old 05-18-2012, 10:09 PM   #67
sarahcor
Mouseketeer

I really liked the que, I think I liked it more than the ride. I felt like I was at Hogwarts, it was so realistic. The ride was pretty cool too. I was slightly disoriented from switching between the screen/video and then the real, set type parts of the ride. The part I remember the most was with the whomping willow, I thought it was going to hit my leg.

I wish I could have ridden a few more times but we had other things to do. Also, I was feeling this ride for a while after. I was dizzy and starting to get a headache, when I get back for my next visit I will definitely bring some Dramamine.

Mia and I were hungry so we checked out The Three Broomsticks.

Mia was nice enough to get my picture with Harry and Hermioneís wizard ball outfits.

Is it bad to wear a Disney shirt at Universal? The only time someone commented was in the elevator at the hotel. A bell boy was in the elevator with me. He told me I better watch out with a shirt like that, I could get beat up! Then he laughed and said just kidding.

The theming in here was great. As we were in line in walks my Uncle, Aunt and cousins. My Aunt and I had talked about meeting up, but I didnít expect to run right into them. We ate our breakfast with them. Mia, Westin and I split the pancake platter, it was good. We decided we would tour together.

Zoe and Mia are one year apart. Zoe is not a big fan of thrill rides and Mia loves Dr. Seuss, so off to the Seuss part of the park again.

We ran into this guy.

This is my cousin Zack, Uncle Matt, Grinch, cousin Zoe, Mia and cousin Shelby.

I donít remember his name, but Mia was super excited to see him.

Westin was also excited to meet him.

The character interaction with the Seuss characters was great. There was also no one else waiting to meet them which was nice, we didn't feel rushed at all.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:26 AM   #68
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Is it bad to wear a Disney shirt at Universal? The only time someone commented was in the elevator at the hotel. A bell boy was in the elevator with me. He told me I better watch out with a shirt like that, I could get beat up! Then he laughed and said just kidding.

I donít remember his name, but Mia was super excited to see him.

Westin was also excited to meet him.
We wore Disney shirts on our second day of Universal ! Spiderman even signed them.

That is Sam I Am !!
We didn't see ANY Suess characters when we were there.

Come check out ..
Old 05-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #69
sarahcor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We wore Disney shirts on our second day of Universal ! Spiderman even signed them.

That is Sam I Am !!
We didn't see ANY Suess characters when we were there.
We must have been there at the perfect time. We met 3 more before we left the Seuss part.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:47 AM   #70
sarahcor
Mouseketeer

We went in a little store and these guys were sitting inside.

Mia and Zoe were paying attention to the Cat in the Hat and Thing 2. Thing 1 was sad and he fell over.

Thing 2 snuck over and started to tickle Thing 1 and motioned for the girls to join in.

Mia loved this meet!

Mia convinced Zoe to do One Fish, Two Fish with her. Zoe was scared because of the shooting water so Mia volunteered to sit on the outside of the fish.

Zoe ended up really liking it.

We then did the cat in the hat couch ride, kind of like Winnie the Pooh. It was really cute. Then we did the High in the Sky trolley. That was a cute little ride too, with a nice view of the Seuss area.

Oh, I forgot, before we went to the Seuss rides we did do the Dragon Duel and Flight of the Hippogriff. Well, I rode Dragon Duel with Aunt Linda, no one else was up for it. We all did Hippogriff while Uncle Matt sat out with Westin.

Next we tried the Jurassic Park ride. The child switch worked really great. They had little areas off to the entrance area and we would wait there for the rest of the group. When they exited somebody stayed behind with the kids and everybody rode again. The team members didnít say anything about our large group riding twice. It was like fastpass times two.

With Paul being sick at the hotel I didnít use the camera a lot. I really regret that now. We were all hungry so we stayed at the dinosaur land part and ate in Thunder Falls Terrace. After lunch Mia wanted to try Pteranodon Flyers but the wait was 45 minutes so we passed on that.

Our last ride at Islands of Adventure was Spiderman. I thought this was a good ride. There was one part where it felt like you were falling. Again, I wish I had ridden it more than once.

I had told Paul I would check on him. Mia and Westin stayed at the park with Uncle Matt and Aunt Linda while I started back to Hard Rock. Halfway there I realized my ticket was in the backpack, which I had left in the stroller. I called Aunt Linda and they were on their way to Universal Studios so I walked to meet them so I could grab my ticket.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #71
sarahcor
Mouseketeer

I got some Sprite on the walk back to the hotel. I hadnít been able to find any pop machines at the hotel but today I got lucky and found the ďgroceryĒ store at Hard Rock. It was on the bottom level and we hadnít paid any attention to it. Close to the pool. They had overpriced Cheerios, nothing else looked good for someone who was feeling sick. I grabbed 2 bowls of Cheerios for Paul.

He was feeling a lot better but not well enough to come to the park. I told him weíd be back before dinner.

I called Aunt Linda, they had just finished the Shrek 4d ride and were on the way to do Simpsons. Rats, I had wanted to try Shrek too. Mia was not a fan of Shrek, the seats moved up and down and it had biting spiders. At least, that is what she told me. I think it was too similar to Bugs Life, which she is terrified of.

The Jaws ride had been closed for a few weeks already. I had read that the Jaws ride was dated but I would have like to try it anyways.

I met up with everybody else at the Simpsons ride.

Bridget had stayed off with Zoe and Westin.

Mia liked the Simpsons ride, it didnít scare her at all.

We did Men In Black next. I really like this one. I think it was way better than Buzz Lightyear. The guns are not attached to the vehicle, you can turn and point anywhere you want. With the child swap we rode this 3 times in a row.

We were able to convince Mia and Zoe to try it. They thought it would be scary, with aliens popping out from everywhere. I explained to Mia that it looked fake, the aliens were like cardboard cut-outs and were only there for you to shoot. She was glad she tried it.

I had to pull my camera out for this guy! There were two mummy guys walking around on stilts. They didnít talk, they would just stare at you.

There was an Egyptian lady walking around too.

She pretended to pick stuff out of a ladyís hair. She didnít speak either.

Unfortunately, Mummy was down for a while so we decided to do Beetlejuiceís Graveyard Revue to pass the time. I liked the show, it had some adult humor but it went over Miaís head. She was scared to do this too, she thought it was a ride. We sat in the back of the theatre so we could escape if it was scary. She loved it! She is in dance and there is a lot of dance in this show. Dancing, singing and Beetlejuice told jokes. My only complaint was that it was sooo loud.

We checked on Revenge of the Mummy and it was open! All but the kids and Rob rode Mummy. I really liked this ride/roller coaster a lot! We rode 3 times. The first part was different scenes and then it shot you fast and the roller coaster part was towards the end. I canít really describe it, but I really liked it.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:57 PM   #72
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

My boys rode the Mummy ride !! It was intense. I'm not sure I would ride it again .. But may be forced to when we go back.

I would have loved to ride Jaws before they it for good. The boys were disappointed it was a closed as well.

Wonder what they are putting there ?

Come check out ..
Old 05-20-2012, 07:23 PM   #73
sarahcor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
My boys rode the Mummy ride !! It was intense. I'm not sure I would ride it again .. But may be forced to when we go back.

I would have loved to ride Jaws before they it for good. The boys were disappointed it was a closed as well.

Wonder what they are putting there ?
I can't wait to ride it again, I really liked it. As for the Jaws replacement, I have read some rumors about the second phase of Harry Potter going there. That would be cool!
Old 05-20-2012, 07:57 PM   #74
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I can't wait to ride it again, I really liked it. As for the Jaws replacement, I have read some rumors about the second phase of Harry Potter going there. That would be cool!

YES .. that WOULD be cool !!

Come check out ..
Old 06-01-2012, 08:59 AM   #75
sarahcor
Mouseketeer

We caught the end of the Blues Brother show. Mia loves Despicable Me, we saw a cart that had minion (the little yellow guys) shirts. She got one and we got one for Paul too. She immediately ripped the tags off and switched her shirt right there. We tried to be discreet, Iím sure no one noticed.

A lovely picture of the cousins, we were all getting tired at this point!

I had to get some pictures with the Delorean.

Back to the Future was one of the first vhs tapes we ever had. My dad had taped it off of HBO and my sister and I watched it over and over.

And the train! How perfect, we always loved Back to the Future parts one and three, but hated two. The second movie was dark and scary, I only like the part where Michael J. Fox plays Marty, the son and daughter too.

Dancing in the streets.

Ever since Mia was young she hated E.T. We watched the movie and she didnít get scared watching the movie but after we would hold our pointer finger out and say E.T. phone home, in our best E.T. voice. This is what made her hate E.T. To this day I can still point my finger at her and say E.T. and she will begin to get a look of fear in her eyes. Is that a form of child abuse?

Anyways, she absolutely refused to ride E.T. It was kind of like Peter Pan in the sense that you are flying over things. As soon as the ride started it reminded me of something. I couldnít put my finger on it until almost the end when I realized. The smell of the ride reminded me of the YMCA pool. Chlorine, a lot of chlorine. That is one ride I donít need to ride again, I wasnít impressed.

Scooby! Shaggy was a very questionable Shaggy, maybe too short and too wide to by Shaggy.
While we were riding E.T., Mia and Aunt Linda went to the Woody Woodpecker coaster. Mia thought it was pretty fun, similar to Goofyís rollercoaster.
I used the restrooms while they were riding and they were gross. There was paper and trash all through the stalls, water on the floor. Gross. Disney definitely has the best bathrooms, pretty much of anywhere.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: