Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 04:50 PM   #271
DH-2-mamaduck
DisDad#446 - You're just jealous the voices don't talk to you!

any gymnastics dads out there? last meet of the season. oldest DD just has to do floor yet. Aren't bleachers so nice and comfy?
Me / DisDad#446 DW DD(14) DD(12) DS(9) DD(3) DD(23mo) Nilla Bullboxer Charlie Brown Alexis

POPx2 '14 | IOA '11 | BWI-CL '09 | POP '06 | DL '05 & '03
Old 04-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #272
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by DH-2-mamaduck View Post
any gymnastics dads out there? last meet of the season. oldest DD just has to do floor yet. Aren't bleachers so nice and comfy?

I don’t have any young’ens into gymnastics, but I certainly have done my time in bleachers. Good luck to your girl and to the rest of the kids at the competition.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2012, 05:27 PM   #273
Wherem I Now
DIS Dad #30
29+85+77+26+95+4=FUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Good to hear it Mike. Bring any Dole Whips back with you?
I left one for each of you at Aloha Isle. Just stop by there and pick it up. They'll just need a few bucks for the storage and refrigeration fees.
#30 King of the house, ruled by the Queen, and overrun by Princesses (18,16,7)

1978, 6/91 DisneyMoon, 10/94 DVL, 10/00 1st trip with DD's, 1/03, 1/05, 1/06 DCL Wonder. 4/06 Bonus day after business trip, 1/07 1st trip for 3rd DD, 6/07, 8/08 "Resort Hopper Trip", 1/09, 10/10, 5/11 DCL Dream, 4/12 OKW, 6/13 DCL Dream & OKW
Old 04-29-2012, 05:40 PM   #274
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Dance, soccer, basketball, softball, and percussion dad currently. Been a gymnastics, ice skating, and swim dad in the past, but not old enough for floor routine.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 04-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #275
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Stuck inside because of the rain. Going through dive photos to hang on the wall. Thought I would post a few from Roatan.

A really cool eel. Big sucker.

My second favorite bartender in Roatan

Had some of their cousins for a couple of dinners

One of the neat things about diving there was the reefs had an interesting topography

Interesting wildlife at the resort
Great pics. Hard life.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 04-29-2012, 05:47 PM   #276
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Back from another day at the soccer field. Refereed a one sided u11 game played on a u14 field 6v6. I think parents needed binoculars to see players. My team won again and youngest had three goals in one quarter. She was on today. I played her defense the rest of the game, which she was not happy with. We had about the same number of shots on goal as the other team, but ours just went in. Final was 4 - 1.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 04-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #277
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Hey guys. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Got a lot of stuff done around the house, and had some good family time. Overall a great weekend. Capping it off with homemade pizza and the 3 Caballeros movie.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #278
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
Hey guys. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Got a lot of stuff done around the house, and had some good family time. Overall a great weekend. Capping it off with homemade pizza and the 3 Caballeros movie.

It has been a good weekend here also. I worked yesterday until after midnight last night but did not hav to be on call today. I was able to go to church with the family today and we had 11 people baptized! Came home and then Ethan had a baseball game and we won 8-1!! Now just settling in to get started on another week!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 04-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #279
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherem I Now View Post
I left one for each of you at Aloha Isle. Just stop by there and pick it up. They'll just need a few bucks for the storage and refrigeration fees.
Did you order a Citrus Swirl for me? Tell them I will pick it up Saturday.

Really crummy day today. Nearly 3 inches of rain with some local flooding. Record rain for this day in Miami history. Was going to do some inside stuff but got lazy. Watched the Marlins lose again. Should have cleaned the carpets instead. At least Amazing Race is on tonight.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #280
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherem I Now View Post
I won't be able to get mine until September, you have to call them for me

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 11/1/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 04-29-2012, 08:05 PM   #281
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

good evening!!! glad everyone had a good weekend!! i have one more weekend at home!! i dusted the inside of the van and run the vac. its all packed and ready to go. i was going to wash it but ill need something to do next weekend or tammy will kill me.
cant wait till tomorrow to start my last full week of work. its also getting busy!!! figures, getting ready to leave and the jobs are rolling in. but like i tell my clients, lets go, i have a vacation in september to pay for!! then they say, i thought you were going in may? iam but im also going in september!!
they dont even ask where am i going anymore.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:29 PM   #282
DH-2-mamaduck
DisDad#446 - You're just jealous the voices don't talk to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Dance, soccer, basketball, softball, and percussion dad currently. Been a gymnastics, ice skating, and swim dad in the past, but not old enough for floor routine.
I was told to always keep them busy. Seems to work. Dance, Gymnastics, Volleyball, baseball, football. I helped coach volleyball two years, defense flag football last year, help coach tball. My oldest is even student body president and an Alto Sax player. Who would of thought my shy one would break out of her shell!

Always told keep them reading as well and seems to be paying off but costing me; glad we bought them kindles! Plus library is growing its ebook collection. My DS (1st grade) is reading at 3rd grade level. My DD are way beyond me. My 4th grader, she is reading at 9th grade level. I'm still reading children's books.

Gotta love it. Wouldn't trade for anything!
Me / DisDad#446 DW DD(14) DD(12) DS(9) DD(3) DD(23mo) Nilla Bullboxer Charlie Brown Alexis

POPx2 '14 | IOA '11 | BWI-CL '09 | POP '06 | DL '05 & '03
Old 04-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #283
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
good evening!!! glad everyone had a good weekend!! i have one more weekend at home!! i dusted the inside of the van and run the vac. its all packed and ready to go. i was going to wash it but ill need something to do next weekend or tammy will kill me.
I use the rain to wash my vehicle.

Quote:
I was told to always keep them busy. Seems to work. Dance, Gymnastics, Volleyball, baseball, football. I helped coach volleyball two years, defense flag football last year, help coach tball. My oldest is even student body president and an Alto Sax player. Who would of thought my shy one would break out of her shell!

Always told keep them reading as well and seems to be paying off but costing me; glad we bought them kindles! Plus library is growing its ebook collection. My DS (1st grade) is reading at 3rd grade level. My DD are way beyond me. My 4th grader, she is reading at 9th grade level. I'm still reading children's books.

Gotta love it. Wouldn't trade for anything!
I can tell - proud dad. I coach them in soccer & basketball. I also play tennis with them. Oldest dd (10) has a kindle, but she isn't reading books on it. Maybe one day.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 04-29-2012, 09:24 PM   #284
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind

I need a beer. I just tucked my 10-year old daughter into bed as she was hysterical crying that Mark and Bopper were eliminated from the Amazing Race. Trying to console her while stifling a laugh is something they clearly omitted from Dad school.
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(44), DW(45), DD(12), DS(9)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:26 PM   #285
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind

Quote:
Figure skating/ice hockey dad here. At least your bleachers aren't frozen.
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(44), DW(45), DD(12), DS(9)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
Closed Thread

Tags
club, dads, topic

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: